• Return of Member Spotlight: Riphelix of July

I'm Baaaccck! When I am back, features come back.. Like the Spotlight! Here he is... the most.. okay it is just

riphelix

Profession: Audio Engineering Student/Intern & Piercing Apprentice

Favorite Single Player Game: Oh geez..I've played so many great games. I guess I'm gonna have to go with Grand Theft Auto.

Favorite Multiplayer Game: Not really sure, Halo has always been my go to game from day 1.

Famous Quote: "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." ~Raoul Duke (Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas)

"The Interview"

Q: Holy crap! I am back maybe a week, and I am picking you as our member spotlight of July! How do you Feel!?

A:
    Gosh, I'd like to thank my family, my friends, the man who invented ranch dressing-

Anyways, it's an honor, Raz! I never would've thought that I'd be chosen but I guess I'm special! Out of the many outstanding members of this community you can only pick one at a time, and for this, I thank you! I hope to see you around more again.

Q: Riphelix. Seems like a pretty unique gamertag. How did you come up with a gamertag like that? Any fun back story too it?

A:
    Nothing too particular, really. I..uh..used to smoke alot of pot. Had a bowl that had red and blue stripes twisted around in it and they looked like DNA helix, thus it was named Helix. One day the bowl broke and my buddy and I buried it in the woods where we used to go smoke. So that is how [rip]helix came about, get it? PUN. My original GT (when Xbox Live first released) was Tititch, when that one ran out I didn't have Live for a few years. Eventually I got it back and have had this GT ever since.

Q: So Rip... Can I call you rip? How long have you been a part of the Forerunner Conflict community? How much of an impact does FC have on your daily life ?

A:
    Of course you can call me Rear now. Joined the day before my birthday in 2013 I believe. Forerunner Conflict is an amazing community, I've never had any experience in my Halo career (or even in my entire gaming career for that matter) quite like FC. I've been in many clans but nothing like this. In fact, that's how I came to find Forerunner Conflict, I had been messaging people and searching for a new clan, eventually Zeta Crossfire messaged me back and showed me this beautiful wondrous place. I love the idea of this community and everything it stands for, including the lore. I've always been the quiet guy. FC has definitely helped open up about some things as well as a couple other valuable lessons I can apply to my own life and in my gaming.

Q: Your First Battle. Everyone remembers their first battle night of Forerunner Conflict. Explain to us your very first cherry popping battle night here at the community? What Squad were you a part of?

A:
    Haha, cherry popping. That battle definitely popped some sort of cherry. Made me realize I had quite a bit to work on to be a better player. I don't quite remember who it was against. I believe my first battle was on Strongside. Damn that map! If I remember right, we got whooped. Not too bad though. It was alot of fun though, I had an incredible time experiencing something new. It was very exciting and I didn't know what to expect but I quickly learned. I eventually even came to be XO of the squad I was in. I was in Lost Remnants. I miss that squad with a passion.

Q: You have been a part of our community for a good amount of time. Do you have any big goals for FC?

A:
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love this community. I'd fight for this community. I'd do anything to help out around here and be a part of what guides this community into any future and to becoming a better place/experience for all. I was away from FC, Halo, gaming in general, for the better part of a year. I've been back probably a little over a month but I'm more than ready and willing to pick up where I left off in terms of advancing within FC and hopefully eventually becoming a part of High Command or possibly even a moderator. I will work hard and do whatever it takes to achieve these goals.

Q: Okay. Perhaps we will get a little more personal. What are your goals in the real world? Care to share any plans?

A:
    One day, though this is somewhat of a long shot at the moment, I'd love to have my own recording studio and record label. Music has always been my biggest passion, my one crutch that has always kept me stable. So that's the 'big picture' plan. Other than that, just doing what I gotta do. Living life one day at a time, going with the flow.

Q: If I eat this whole tub of ice cream, will you judge me?

A:
    I will not. Matter of fact, I will join you. We can throw in a movie, talk about life, worldwide strife, maybe even cuddle? Little bit? Some? Alot?
    It better be Chunky Monkey though!!!

Q: AHHH!!! We are being invaded by the Covenant, and the arbiter is leading them! What do you do!?

A:
    I will fight by the Arbiter's side and destroy you all! MWAHAHAHAHA!!! [insert evil monocle wearing mustache curling emoji here]

No, but really, I would stand by my brothers and fight to the very end. And afterwards I would take everyone out for pizza.

Q: Okay. So Master Chief Collection is falling in November, FC is preparing for its arrival. What do you think FC should do differently for the next generation of wars in the community?

A:
    Well, sadly with this being the last war of Halo 4, I may or may not be partaking in these festivities for some time. Currently, I just simply can't afford an Xbox One. I'm still thinking of pre-ordering the MCC just so I have it for when I do get the X1. However, I still plan on being a part of the community and active on the forums and willing to anything I possibly can around here until then.

I think FC will be fine. Just gotta keep doing what we do. I believe that the MCC will be bringing back tons of old players to the Halo community, which is good news for Forerunner Conflict. I think we'll have a better turn out than ever before. From what I've seen so far, the Master Chief Collection has quite a few new features as well as possibly new gametypes and some returning old ones. It'll be interesting to see what FC can do with this and the many possibilities we'll have at our disposal.

Q: Lastly, I give everyone a chance to say anything to the community. Here is where you say it... READY?! GO!

A:
    Thank you all for being a part of this beautiful community! If we can stick together and work as one, there's nothing we can't overcome. This community has it's fair share of ups and downs but we always pull together and find a solution and come back out on top. Keep up the good work and dedication everyone!
    And as Gandhi says, "I love ya, but I don't love ya."
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Return of Member Spotlight: Riphelix of July started by RaZ Vader View original post
    Untitled Document
Website maintained by Metkil5685 and Mythonian.