• FC Update 9.25

F
    C
    Update
    9.25 (Mini-Update)

Four Patches for MCC, Game Finally Works (mostly)

Okay, so MCC's launch was bad. It's been getting one patch after another for the last month, and after four content updates so far custom games are finally working reliably, for most people at least. Matchmaking is still having issues, though.

Anyway, we haven't had battles the last two weeks due to the unfortunate reality that the game was broken and many people were having major issues. Now, most of the issues affecting customs are fixed (a few still remain though), so we're only cancelling one more battle, the one that would have been tomorrow, Dec 7th.

However, after that the Beta War is starting up. Only 60% late. Yay for next-gen!

December 14th - Finally Getting Started

Next week, there should be the fifth content update releasing, which will presumably clear up more of the issues and make matchmaking more reliable, and (fingers crossed) not break customs. Barring that last bit, we will be holding full-fledged battles on the 14th, starting at 6:00 PM EST.

• Game: Halo 2 Anniversary
    • Maps: Shrine (4v4 Sym) and Stonetown (6v6 Asym)
    • Gametypes are predetermined but will be in the following order:
      • Conflict
      • Occupation
      • Liberation (Shrine uses M Liberation and Stonetown uses S Liberation)
      • Sabotage (Shrine uses M Sabotage and Stonetown uses S Sabotage)
      • Asset
      • Hill 30
      • Ricochet

The maps played will be default variants. Gametypes are already up on my fileshare (they haven't changed since the first iteration several weeks ago, so you may already have them). Following the two main maps, we'll likely do a special testing game on Bloodline to see how 8v8 holds out, but will be separate from the main battle.

December 21st - Done Already?

Because of all the issues from MCC's launch, we're only getting in 2 weeks of testing for the beta war. We'll still do other side events and testing sessions after this, but the 21st will be the last battle of the Beta War. It will be starting at 6:00 PM.

• Games: Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 Classic
    • Maps: Undecided (will depend on how the patches affect larger game lobbies)
    • Gametypes: Still under construction. Once we take a full look at the gametype options for HCE and H2 we'll announce the list and put them up on fileshares.

From both of these two battles we'll be getting feedback about how the gametypes work, settings, maps, and more, and will be using that to help make the main war as awesome as possible.

Other Events and Such

In only a few days, the first DLC for Destiny is releasing. I know that I for one will be kicking ass in the new raid and everything, and hopefully you guys will as well. Don't let it pull you in too much, though, because the 14th is the H2A battle.

If anyone is still looking for a group to do Crota's End or maybe to do some last minute Vault of Glass raids, post a reply. I'm up for doing it again with my Warlock, either normal or hard difficulty.

Aside from that, over the next few weeks and months will be numerous other events happening aside from the battles. Including forge meetings, gametype/map testing sessions, gamenights, and more. We're looking for feedback and suggestions, so let us know here: CLICK.

~Mythonian
    This article was originally published in forum thread: FC Update 9.25 started by Mythonian View original post
    Untitled Document
Website maintained by Metkil5685 and Mythonian.