• FC's 9th Anniversary Celebrations

FC's 9th Anniversary Celebrations

It's that time of the year again! Nine years ago, on the 14th of June, 2006, a group of nine friends met together on Halo 2. What came out of that meeting was the founding of our community. Times have changed vastly from back then, we've had many members join us in our wars and others moved on to other things. We've gone through good times of massive activity and enthusiasm, and other periods of difficulty, drama, and major issues.

However, through all of these we have persevered. Through the Never-ending War of Halo 3, through the Firestorm on Reach, through Halo 4, and now we have made it through the worst of all: the combination of a console transition into a broken MCC. The console transition went rather well, but MCC has been the bane of FC these last 8 months. It works a lot better than it did at launch, so the worst is behind us.

Those who have stayed through all of those times, both good and bad, over the years, and are still with us today, will agree with me when I say that it's been a hell of a ride. However, I don't regret being a part of FC. I've enjoyed my time in FC, and while things are never perfect I am still glad that I joined, and am glad that I've stayed here for this long.

Positivity goes a long way, and for this next week I hope you will all join me in focusing on the positives. We've made it. Nine years. Nine whole years. How many communities can say that? Most groups that were started by a random group of friends in a custom game lobby are lucky to last a single year, but we've lasted nine.

That means that despite having some issues, despite not being perfect, we've found something that works. Something that can keep people interested. I like to think we've been trying to improve on that each war, and I hope you all help me to continue improving on it. I don't want to be here when FC dies, because I don't want FC to ever die. I hope you guys share that opinion as well.

For this week, I want us to celebrate our progress as a community, and to reward those that are still here. We are doing lots of events. We also have lots of prizes to give away. ($250+ total prize value) Obviously not everyone is going to get something, but we want everyone to participate. If you want a shot at prizes, your best shot is participating in every event.

More details about prizes and what the points mean later on. Here is the schedule for all of the events for this anniversary celebration:

All of the below events must be done solo and
    must be submitted by June 14th at 11:59 PM EDT.
    HCE "The Silent Cartographer" Speedrun

Details/Rules:
    Solo. Legendary. No skulls. Submit a screenshot of the Postgame Carnage screen.

2nd place: 8 points
    3rd place: 6 points
    4th place: 4 points
    Everyone else: 2 points.
    H2 "Cairo Station" Speedrun

Details/Rules:

H3 "Crow's Nest" Speedrun

Details/Rules:

ODST "Kikowani Station" Speedrun

Details/Rules:

H4 "The Composer" Speedrun

Details/Rules:

H2A Mini Golf

Details/Rules:
    Download the "FC9AC Mini Golf" map and gametype from Mythonian's fileshare (walkthough to access MCC fileshare can be found below the event list). Attempt to complete the course in as few strokes (throws) as possible. Use the Game DVR to record the entire thing (should only be 1-2 minutes). Scoring is based on the number of strokes.

4 strokes: 8 points
    5 strokes: 6 points
    6 strokes: 4 points
    7+ strokes: 2 points.
    Reach "Lone Wolf" Challenge

Details/Rules:
    Requires Xbox 360 and Halo: Reach with the campaign completed. Solo. Legendary. No skulls. Have Scoring turned to "Free For All" and submit a URL to the game results from HaloWaypoint.

2nd place: 6 points
    3rd place: 4 points
    Reach Home Run Derby

Details/Rules:
    Requires Xbox 360 and Halo: Reach. Score as many home runs as you can within 3 minutes. Downloads: Map; Gametype. Submit a URL to the game results from HaloWaypoint.

2nd place: 6 points
    3rd place: 4 points

Friday, June 12th, is the day when we will be doing events on Xbox 360.
    All of these events require a 360, as well as the specific game being played.
    Reach Crash-Up Derby

Time: Friday at 6:00 PM EDT.
    Players: ~8 per lobby.

Details/Rules:
    10 rounds. Push your opponents off the edges and be the last one still in a warthog. If you die, you can still have an impact via Plasma Grenades and Grenade Launchers. Be wary of the mancannons and killballs!

2 points for participation.
    Reach Race

Time: Friday at 7:00 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    3 rounds, 3 laps each round. Drive fast. Make those turns. Keep ahead of your opponents. Map won't be revealed until the event itself. Intentionally getting out of your vehicle or trying to disrupt others from racing will result in disqualification.

everyone else: 2 points
    Reach Headhunter

Time: Friday at 7:30 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    15 minute FFA using a custom Headhunter gametype. Kill your opponents, grab their skulls, and score them. Map and gametype won't be revealed until the event itself.

Halo 4 Speedrun

Time: Friday at 8:00 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    10 rounds. This is not like the solo events, this is a variant on parkour. Stay within the confines of the hill. Move quickly. Last man standing wins the round.

Halo 4 La Grille Instable

Time: Friday at 8:30 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    10 rounds. Everyone can drive a warthog on a level surface, that's easy. While this is technically still a level surface, there's a caveat: it responds to physics. Be the last warthog driving to win a round. Those who die early can still have an impact on the game.

Halo 4 Gun Game

Time: Friday at 9:00 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    5 rounds. Halo 4 has a wide variety of guns for you to use. You'll be going through most of them in order to win. Getting a kill with the Gravity Hammer will end a round. Sticking someone or assassinating them will demote them a tier.

Halo 4 This Side Up

Time: Friday at 9:30 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    5 rounds, 3 minutes each. A grueling test. Stay on the ceiling and knock others around. Use that Thruster Pack to survive. Your aim is to get kills by knocking others to the edges so they fall.

Saturday will feature a unique event on Warlight, as well as several MCC events.
    WarLight 1v1 Round Robin Tournament

Time: Saturday at 2:00 PM EDT.
    Players: Up to 20 in a single tournament (if 21+ people are interested we can make two tournaments)

Details/Rules:
    This will use the built-in template used in the competitive 1v1 Ladder ("Strategic 1v1"), modified for real-time play. Tournament will be created at 1:30 and players will be invited. If you do not accept the invite by 2:00 you will miss out. This will be a grueling test of strategic endurance and will last for several hours without any breaks. Points will be awarded based on how many games you win, so feel free to take a break but it will likely be you giving up in a few games.

You must RSVP for this event. Create an account at http://www.warlight.net and either message me or post in this thread with a link to your WarLight profile (the URL should have your user ID; I need the ID because WarLight can have people with identical usernames and I need to make sure I invite the correct people).

MCC HCE Rally

Time: Saturday at 7:00 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    Get to the flag faster than anyone else to score and cause the flag to move. It's not just racing, though; kill others to hinder their progress. First to 10 flags wins.

MCC HCE Accumulation

Time: Saturday at 7:30 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    It's a variant on Juggernaut. Get the first kill to become "It" and then you just have to stay alive. Die, and someone else becomes "It" instead. Be "It" for longer than anyone else to win.

2nd place: 10 points
    3rd place: 8 points
    4th place: 6 points
    5th place: 4 points
    MCC H2C Ninjanaut

Time: Saturday at 8:00 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    The Juggernaut has active camo and a motion sensor; you don't. Kill him to become the Juggernaut. Earn more kills as the Juggernaut than anyone else within the time limit to win.

MCC H2C Fiestaball

Time: Saturday at 8:30 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    It's Fiesta. With an oddball. Better yet, let's make that two balls. Most ball time at the end of the game wins.

Sunday is the final day of events and is nothing but MCC.
    MCC H3 Fiesta

Time: Sunday at 5:00 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    Saturday ends with Fiesta, and Sunday starts off with it. This doesn't have any oddballs, though, just shooting. Most kills wins.

MCC H3 Phantom Rockets

Time: Sunday at 5:30 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    Another FFA, except your invisible. Also, you have rockets. Lots of rockets. No infinite ammo, though, so you have to salvage ammo from the dead. Most kills wins.

MCC H4 Fiesta Regicide

Time: Sunday at 6:00 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    The celebrations needed a little more Fiesta, so here it is. This time, whoever is in the lead is the King and is marked for all to see. Kill the king to score extra, or stay alive as the king and get some small bonuses as well. Person with the highest score at the end wins.

MCC H4 Crazy King

Time: Sunday at 6:30 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    King of the Hill has been missing so far. Stay in the hill to score. Most time spent in the hill wins. The hill also moves around, by the way.

MCC H2A Warthog Sumo

Time: Sunday at 7:00 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    10 rounds. Keep all arms, legs, and belongings inside the warthog. Keep your warthog on the platform as it shrinks. Last one up top scores for the round.

2 points for participation
    MCC H2A Gungoose Gauntlet

Time: Sunday at 7:30 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    Race is one thing. The Gungoose Gauntlet is something entirely different. Who can make it to the end? This is about shooting with your gungoose, but you should always try to win. Stopping and trying to target specific people will result in disqualification.

MCC H2A Musical Chairs

Time: Sunday at 8:00 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    10 rounds. Choose your post and defend it. The posts will become fewer and fewer until only a single one remains. Be the last one standing upon a post to win a round.

MCC H2A Conflagration

Time: Sunday at 8:30 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    Custom map and gametype I made. It's inspired by a minigame I made back in Reach with the same name. None of you will have any idea WTF this is until the event.

MCC H2A Parkour

Time: Sunday at 9:00 PM EDT.

Details/Rules:
    How better to end it all than with some parkour?

Accessing MCC Fileshares

In the most recent patch, 343 added a new way to access someone's fileshare. It's quite simple, and you'll be needing to access mine for the events. (NOTE: This is only for MCC's fileshare. Accessing fileshares on H3/H4 on 360 is totally different)

1. Start up MCC and press X to open up the Roster.
    2. Select your name near the top.
    3. Choose "Find Player."
    4. Type in "Mythonian" (it is not case-sensitive, but you do have to type it in completely).
    5. Choose "File Share."
    6. Download appropriate Gametypes and Map Variants. (Note: At the moment most files are not yet uploaded. Wait a few days for me to get them finalized and uploaded)

Did Somebody Say Prizes!?

These events are as varied as we could make them. There's something for everyone, but nobody can master all of it. These events are just a look through FC's history, but a look through the history of Halo's custom games. We hope that everyone can participate and enjoy themselves, and hopefully you can also get some awesome prizes!

To earn prizes, you have to earn points by doing well in the events. At the end, all the points will be tallied together and receive...
    The Prize Pool

• Halo 5: Guardians Standard Edition
      (any retailer; 1 available; $60 value)
    • FC T-Shirt
      (any design; 2 available; $25 value)
    • $25 XBL Gift Code
      (donated by NervyDestroyer)
    • $15 Bing Reward Credit [redeemable as Gamestop, Amazon, or XBL gift codes]
      (donated by Wesabi)
    • $10 XBL Gift Code
      (3 available; 1 donated by Maxdoggy)
    • $5 XBL Gift Code
      (5 available; 2 donated by Maxdoggy; 1 donated by GuzzieStyle)
    • FC Sticker
      (any design; 6 available; $5 value)
    • Smite Beta Code for Xbox One
      (3 available; $5 value; 2 donated by WSxPhoenix; 1 donated by JamieDJ8887)

That's $250 in prizes. Last year, we only had $150, so it's a big step up. Also, if anyone is feeling generous and wants to donate some prizes, message me.
    The Prize Splits

1st: Halo 5: Guardians Standard Edition & Choice of $10 in prizes
    2nd: Choice of $50 in prizes
    3rd: Choice of $30 in prizes
    4th: Choice of $20 in prizes
    5th-9th: Choice of $10 in prizes
    10th-15th: Choice of $5 in prizes

"Sign Up" isn't the right term, but it's what I used last year so I'm sticking with it. We will be using a Skype group to coordinate things and make sure everyone who is online and interested in participating will get invited to the games accordingly.

To get added to the Skype group, post your Skype name in a reply below. The group will be made sometime mid-week. Until then, get started on those solo events! Those speedruns are not easy, and it'll take some practice for you to get a good time!

Sunday night is the deadline for submissions on the solo events. Don't wait until the last minute! Also, if you find yourself unable to get a decent score/time, you should still submit it for the participation points!

~Mythonian
    This article was originally published in forum thread: FC's 9th Anniversary Celebrations started by Mythonian View original post
    Untitled Document
Website maintained by Metkil5685 and Mythonian.