Conversation Between Daaaah Whoosh and Mythonian

20 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. It's fine. Thank you very much.
  2. Done. Let me know if that shade of blue isn't one you like.
  3. Hey Mythonian, I'd like to change my user title to a single line, and have it read "Whoosh!" without the quotation marks, in some shade of blue. Also, I believe I donated money to the site once, I believe there is a ribbon for that.
  4. Keep up the good work though. It's a nice change of pace from everything else going on in FC... xD
  5. Well, thanks. You can probably hold off on that analysis until I get a few more chapters out. I know it's hard to judge a book by its cover.
  6. I've seen it, but I can't come up with any good feedback at the moment. Once I've got more time, I'll give it a more detailed look. Overall I thought it was great though.
  7. Oh, right. I thought that since the frequency was constant, I could forget about it. The units shouldn't be that bad, though, because the problem uses nano-seconds, so everything fits.
    Anyway, thank you very much, Mythonian. It's good to know that there are people smarter than me on the Internet. By the way, you should see the first chapter of a Skyrim-based comic I'm making. It's in the Multimedia section, and I'd very much like to recieve feedback. Thanks again.
  8. lol...

I just did a Google search and found out that I've completely misunderstood the question.

What you need to do is this:

Velocity = wavelength * frequency

Take the velocity in air (I assume you can use the approximation 3.0 x 10^8 m/s) and divide that by 633 nm (converted to meters, it is 6.33 x 10^9 m).

That gives you the frequency.

Now, Divide the velocity in the liquid (2.17 x 10^8 m/s) by the frequency you calculated above. That gives you the wavelength (in meters) of the laser in the liquid.

You'll probably need to convert that to nanometers afterward.
  9. I have the wavelength in air, and I have the distance travelled in the liquid at a certain time, which I've used to calculate the velocity. The wavelength of the air is 633 nm, and the velocity in the liquid is 2.17 x 10^8 m/s. Are you saying that I can fnd the speed of light in air based on its wavelength?
  10. The density of the object that light is passing through adjusts what the speed of light will be. At a wavelength of 589 nm, light goes 2.997 x 10^8 m/s in air.

What else does the question give you?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Website maintained by Metkil5685 and Mythonian.