Conversation Between Mythonian and SuRroundeD By 1

54 Visitor Messages

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Forerunner Conflict.

In all likelihood, neither SOPA nor PIPA will actually pass. However, that is just for now. Within the next decade (at the longest), a bill will get passed (under an entirely different name), and it will do nearly the same thing. This is how a lot of things happen in our government, so it's only a matter of time.
  2. Hey Myth, what is the name of the YouTube account being used to showcase the "Featured Game of the Week"? I want to subscribe to it early. Thanks in advance bro.

And if it isn't too much trouble, what are your opinions on SOPA and PIPA? Do you think Congress might pass them?
  3. I'm not going to lie, that sounds awesome. Not only will people get to see my amazing videogame 1337 skillz (jk) but it also might boost FC popularity. Alright, I'll get you all two or three games I'll play each battle night.
  4. Yes. We'll start a new thread for them this war.

I want to do something like a "Featured Game of the Week" thing where we upload one of the games to YouTube and do a commentary over it.
  5. Hey Myth, are you still collecting video's from battlenights on the forums? I want to know whether or not I should bother saving my games.
  6. Ok, well see how it turns out, but I encountered problems with grenades on all three maps I played. I'm hoping the others wont be as much of a problem.
  7. I understand your irritation at the grenade spamming, and agree with you on some circumstances.

However, considering the fact that the last two wars where we've had 2 grenades and have played on dozens of maps, grenade spamming have been an extremely rare complaint.

The "public interest" you mention is only of a small group of officers, it seems, so that doesn't necessarily relate to the general opinion of the entire community.

Changing the grenade count prior to the first battle is unlikely. However, after we have received comments following that battle night, we will review the possibility more seriously.
  8. To be honest I feel that the inconvenience of only having one grenade is smaller than the inconveniences of having two grenades. While testing out the three maps I played on, grenade spamming was a major problem (especially on Countdown). Me and my squads experiences on all three maps were infuriating whether or not we won or lost, there were times some of my fellow squadmates threatened to quit because of how bad it got (it got really bad).

About gameplay, I remember making a thread about removing bloom on all FC related GT's, however it was you who brought up the fact that having no bloom would make it difficult for armies to advance on a map because of the great power and range of the DMR. Grenades do the same thing for indoor maps or maps with objectives, if you are trying to advance on an objective you either run through and get double fragged or wait for both grenades to detonate and hope you don't get attacked while waiting. Every second counts of the battlefield and forcing your self to stop and wait is one: dangerous, and two: infuriating.

On the topic of objectives, KoTH is also a difficult game type to play when each player is gifted with two grenades. Everytime you enter the hill you have a better chance of having to dodge grenades instead of fight off attackers, that ruins the King of the Hill game type and is the reason default matchmaking got rid of one grenade in KoTH variants.

Plus, only having one grenade is not an unreasonable inconvenience, the average player should have to and will deal with only having one grenade quickly. What is unreasonable is having over three grenades chucked at your body when you try to go through a doorway. There are plenty of grenades located on the map to outweight the fact that you only spawn with one anyhow.

This was voted on by the BLUE army and all except for one person chose to decrease the grenade count, I don't know about the R.E.D.D army but it appears that current public interest is on the one grenade side.

P.S. rereading this I kind of think I sound like a dick, thats not what I'm trying to sound like though.
  9. During early testing, we initially had only a single grenade. However, it was met with multiple complaints, because everyone was accustomed to having two.

Additionally, grenade spamming is only a notable issue on a very select group of maps. For those maps, it is more a map issue than a loadout issue anyway.

Removing a grenade would cause minimal gameplay improvements, but would cause unreasonable inconvenience for the average player. For that reason, the negatives outweigh the benefits.
  10. It was brought to attention at the Brotherhood officer meeting today, but I had asked if we could lower the grenade count for the two load outs from two frags to one.

We voted and came to the conclusion that we liked the idea of only having one grenade better, as to decrease the amount of grenade spam on maps.

I am pretty sure your in charge of the forge and GT department so I wanted to bring this issue up with you also, and I'm about to tell Eagle about it.
Showing Visitor Messages 41 to 50 of 54
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Website maintained by Metkil5685 and Mythonian.