Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wait Time and # of Games Played

Hey everyone,

I wanted to take some time and post something about this issue i think many people have noticed. I know it has ecen affected people leaving FC, and leaving battle nights early. I know some will say its because one army has more teams than the other...but the 30 minute + wait time we have been seeing for some squads is seriously affecting the communities members. I think between all of us we can figure out a method we agree on the allows us to play more games on battle nights and KEEP people interested in what we have going so far.

Please comment and post on ideas so...i know we can do better.

My Idea is to change the game setup to something like this

Teams play the same team 3 times at 10 min games each and each game must be a different gametype.
    All games count toward the number of games needed to win that map (number would have to be increased)

Than all teams play 3 different teams a night. If we can get 9 games a night in i think that would make it much more fun overall for everyone. Custom games inbetween battles are just not the same.

What does everyone think?

Blog Posts

Re: Wait Time and # of Games Played

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to face the same people 3 times in a row. I like the variety.

Good suggestions though. It is being talked about in War Council.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamidj

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to face the same people 3 times in a row. I like the variety.

Good suggestions though. It is being talked about in War Council.
    what happened with the deployment people? did that not work out as planned?
    ۰۪۫J۰۰۪۫a۰۰۪۫m۰۰۪۫i ۰۰۪۫e۰۰۪۫D۰۰۪۫ J۰Purple Army Elite Trooper
    What We Do In Life, Echos in Eternity.

I'm on the same boat with my XO, Knuckles, here. The wait times have always been kind of ridiculous. A lot of my squad members pertain FC to "lobby-warrioring Sundays". Thankfully enough, the intense games during battlenights make it worthwhile as does what this awesome community provides. I'm not one to bear much patience (I guess I have a little bit since I have stuck with FC for so long but w/e) especially when I'm there to shoot everything that isn't on my team. But I ask that something about this goes through some slight altercations. ~25 minutes was just my breaking point.

right now we play about 3 different teams a night...so playing each team 3 time for shorter games makes it more faced paced. and you still get the variety of facing 3 different teams a night...could even be 2 12 minute games then change teams.

What's being thrown around in war council for idea's? I just think a little change would do a lot of good.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    right now we play about 3 different teams a night...so playing each team 3 time for shorter games makes it more faced paced. and you still get the variety of facing 3 different teams a night...could even be 2 12 minute games then change teams.

What's being thrown around in war council for idea's? I just think a little change would do a lot of good.
    Also, BLUE had 5 Units, REDD had 8. If we do it this way, that means there will be a half hour wait for those not waiting, at minimum.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Teams play the same team 3 times at 10 min games each and each game must be a different gametype.
    All games count toward the number of games needed to win that map (number would have to be increased)
    /says the guy from the army that never has to play VbD

We played them twice last night, that was already too much. I'd feel sorry for the poor sonsabitches who'd have to do it 3 times straight.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

I feel you knuckles. I actualky started a similar topic in the WC. We are working on a solution now, but we are always welcome to hear more suggestions from the community.

Thanks for posting this Knuckles

I'm not even saying it has to be 3 games per team etc...But its more of the style of that way i think would be an improvement to Sunday nights...

I think a lot of people would agree at least something needs a change

I'm not even saying it has to be 3 games per team etc...But its more of the style of that way i think would be an improvement to Sunday nights...

I think a lot of people would agree at least something needs a change
    Oh War council is already working on a possible solution. Hopefully it works come next battle.

But keep up with the suggestions

Thread Information