Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 4

Re: Battlefield 4

Ill be the cynic here.

I play battlefield 3 yet. I didn't even get any of the dlc. I'm a casual battlefield player at best. When I first got it, I got it for the PC. It was awesome, but I can't learn the keyboard and mouse for the life of me, so I got it for the Xbox 360 and played with my friends... Downside?

Maps were too big for only 16v16. Big ouch. Bad for conquest on consoles.

Anyway, I watched this 17min campaign clip and I feel very "meh" about it.

Yeah, the graphics improved a little bit, and they won't get much better, graphics have very well hit its peak, next step is 3D (fuck that) if all games go to 3D in the future, I'm going back outside and do things full time again.

Anyway, this footage shows things I have been seeing for the past 5 years now. Modern combat with pretty explosions.

I personally am getting sick of modern combat, time to go back to world war 2 and kill some Nazis.

Am I saying this is going to be bad? No. I am very hopeful that this will be another good game. But EA ruins everything. They rush the shit out of their games, poor dice. I almost feel bad for them. This is going to be another lag issues, glitch game at release.

Look at BF3. They finally fixed most of the problems only a couple years later..

This is too soon for BF4. I'll probably pick this up for next gen Xbox if it ever comes out.

Note: BF3 came out in October of 2011.

Apparently, it's been a three year dev cycle. I'll definitely be picking up BF4.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    Note: BF3 came out in October of 2011.

Apparently, it's been a three year dev cycle. I'll definitely be picking up BF4.
    3.... Years....

*walks out the door*

WHERE DID THE TIME GO!?!?!

Still think its still too soon. It feel like its only been out for 2... God I'm old.

Blog Posts

It looks good, but it also looks just like Battlefield 3. Same reason I stopped buying Call of Duty, I don't pay $60 for a game that should be DLC.

Hopefully things change by release. =/
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    It looks good, but it also looks just like Battlefield 3. Same reason I stopped buying Call of Duty, I don't pay $60 for a game that should be DLC.

Hopefully things change by release. =/
    I'm on the same boat as you. Same game = same result. I am not so fond of that.

I'm so fucking ready for this game!!

Cortana: So you have a plan to get out?
    Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.

"If they came to hear me beg, they'll be disappointed."

Some of the improvements look pretty good thus far so I'm ginna be getting it but if theres to much lag a problems hopefully they fix it a bit faster but other then that it should be a great game if not I may trade it in for something else.

Blog Posts

I'm looking forward to massive lobbies with the Xbox one. Before I found out it that BF4 is going to support massive lobbies on consoles I was going to get it for the PC. Not any more!

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Already paid off the Xbox One version. God damn that is a good launch game.

REDWATCH VETERAN

I completely agree with the tired of modern combat. I want WWII back so bad.

Thread Information