Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Always Online?

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

Re: Always Online?

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vader View Post
    Next mission: convert all of FC to Sony.
    Raz has a new mission.

"Consider yourself reinstated... Commander!"

Seriously though, I used to be an avid Sony gamer. I don't think it would be that hard to go back to it. Conversion: Complete
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

Violent by Design

The mindless consumer in me will buy the 360 still. I am not too concerned with being always connected. Even though I have a slow speed my connection never drops.

You guys are drama queens.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Quote Originally Posted by MedeDust View Post
    You guys are drama queens.
    ^^^

No use freaking out over a rumor. Until there is official word, there's no reason to decide anything..

WHOOOOOROOOO OOORHHOOOO
    Redd and Blue vet

The always online thing isn't quite what it seems. They want to make the next xbox something you never turn off it will always be on in your house, and when you connect it online you dont have to be at your house to do stuff with it, its more of a "connected experience" with the rest of the windows 8 devices. I think (as there is no official word on it ) is something where you can play your xbox live arcade games and other content (music movies tv, ect) thats on your console through say your surface tablet at work. i think your xbox will become your "could storage device" that also plays games, Microsoft is now focusing on the "entertainment experience" as the gaming side kind of manages its self and console gaming is slowly dying in industry as less and less people want to make console games since the cost of making console games is going up, but the profits they receive are the same (per unit).

this is all based on what they have said about the new xbox (working with you other devices more) and how they have been promoting the xbox brand lately

PS4 is looking pretty good.
    Now the PS4 on the other hand is trying to make the last system they ever have to make (since console generally dont make a profit unless they are incredibly expensive per unit as the development time and hardware is incredibly expensive).

The PS4 has the locking a game to a single console (sony actually owns the copyright to that technology and sells it to whoever wants it pretty cheaply) and your complaining about always online, well the step the PS4 is trying to make (in the future, not currently, it will start normal) it so that all game logic and processing is done on servers the game company host. that way when the tech requirements are 10X what the console can produce they can just upgrade some servers and it will play on the PS4... well that obviously requires internet connection and even worse it requires servers running at all times, a server goes down you can't play your game for potentially days even though you have done nothing wrong.

well thats just my mouth full, believe what you will.

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea View Post
    Seriously though, I used to be an avid Sony gamer. I don't think it would be that hard to go back to it.
    I used to be suuuuuch a PS fan. Kingdom Hearts, Jak & Daxter, and Ratchet & Clank are probably three of my top 5 video game series' ever. But Halo being my #1, the 360 controller feeling amazingly more comfortable to me, and (I think) a lower price point got me to switch.

Now hopefully I won't have to switch back.

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

I don't understand the controller thing when it comes to PS.
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

@gamespot: Paul Thurrott says subscription-based Xbox 720 starts at $300, standard version at $500. http://www.gamespot.com/6406544

Discuss.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    @gamespot: Paul Thurrott says subscription-based Xbox 720 starts at $300, standard version at $500. http://www.gamespot.com/6406544

Discuss.
    I love how stuff like this is coming out before the console is even officially announced.

Ugh...........

Thread Information