Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Participation

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Participation

I know this probably cannot be implemented for this war, but for future wars I think the faction with the most players competing in a Battle Night should be given some reward. When a faction has more people playing, the likelihood of victory decreases because the best teams compete in less matches compared to the faction with fewer people. I don't think a faction should be rewarded if they still lose the map, but winning on a map with more people playing should give a reward to the winners because they had to overcome a handicap to win.

Example: Blue's best team plays 3 matches on a battle night because Blue had 8 teams online. Redd's best team played 6 matches because Redd had 4 teams online. If Redd wins they should not get a bonus because they had fewer people online, but if Blue wins, they should get a bonus because they had to overcome the handicap of playing Redd's best team twice as much as Blue's best team got to play.
    Last edited by Anarchy; 04-09-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Re: Participation

No

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk570 View Post
    No
    Why? It makes sense to me.

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamidj

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk570 View Post
    No
    dont be so mean blackhawk;

this seems exciting, what kind of reward/bonus were you thinking?
    ۰۪۫J۰۰۪۫a۰۰۪۫m۰۰۪۫i ۰۰۪۫e۰۰۪۫D۰۰۪۫ J۰Purple Army Elite Trooper
    What We Do In Life, Echos in Eternity.

Blog Posts

That would mean we'd have to rank Squads on skill which most likely would never happen unless we get enough people to have tiers of Squads play against eachother ie noncompetitve vs noncompetitive, and competitive vs competitive, etc.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

It only makes sense. In real war having numbers on your side is an advantage.

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by JamieDJ8887 View Post
    dont be so mean blackhawk;

this seems exciting, what kind of reward/bonus were you thinking?
    I don't really know. I just think it would add more incentive to get players active. If they know their attendance would help their team more, maybe more people would play.

For the reward, it could be something simple like a cR boost or an extra Brigade or something. I am not really sure what would be too much or too little with regards to the whole Rules of Engagement stuff.

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by THExSPIDERMAN View Post
    It only makes sense. In real war having numbers on your side is an advantage.
    while this is true, this is a "war-sim" and we can't make everything work like an actual war

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    That would mean we'd have to rank Squads on skill which most likely would never happen unless we get enough people to have tiers of Squads play against eachother ie noncompetitve vs noncompetitive, and competitive vs competitive, etc.
    I don't think you understand what I am suggesting. It wouldn't matter which teams played each other, it is simply that each faction has one team that is better than all of their other teams. It doesn't matter which team is the best for each faction (their would surely be lots of arguments), but their still is a "best" team which would get to play more matches if their faction has less teams giving the faction an overall advantage in the battles. If the smaller faction wins, there wouldn't be a bonus for either side; the bonus would only apply if the larger faction was able to overcome the numbers disadvantage and win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JamieDJ8887 View Post
    while this is true, this is a "war-sim" and we can't make everything work like an actual war
    It doesn't hurt to try to make it more like war does it?

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    I don't really know. I just think it would add more incentive to get players active. If they know their attendance would help their team more, maybe more people would play.

For the reward, it could be something simple like a cR boost or an extra Brigade or something. I am not really sure what would be too much or too little with regards to the whole Rules of Engagement stuff.
    while i support this, i have to agree with verboten, as it would take us ranking our squads, which is something no one wants to do at this time (its been brought up before)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    I don't think you understand what I am suggesting. It wouldn't matter which teams played each other, it is simply that each faction has one team that is better than all of their other teams. It doesn't matter which team is the best for each faction (their would surely be lots of arguments), but their still is a "best" team which would get to play more matches if their faction has less teams giving the faction an overall advantage in the battles. If the smaller faction wins, there wouldn't be a bonus for either side; the bonus would only apply if the larger faction was able to overcome the numbers disadvantage and win.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't hurt to try to make it more like war does it?
    your correct there sir.

Thread Information