Thread: Participation

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamidj

Re: Participation

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHammer View Post
    It's a sad day when this is being talked about.
    it shouldn't be, we have so many people concerned with nothing but recruitment!!
    ۰۪۫J۰۰۪۫a۰۰۪۫m۰۰۪۫i ۰۰۪۫e۰۰۪۫D۰۰۪۫ J۰Purple Army Elite Trooper
    What We Do In Life, Echos in Eternity.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THExSPIDERMAN View Post
    Why do you have to rank the squads? I think Houdini just used skill level as an example of how it could be unfair for the larger side. Imagine if VbD was the only REDD team that showed up to battle nights.
    Well he was saying (maybe it was just an example) of how the "Best team" for a Faction with more people plays less. Well you can't really say "best team" unless you're ranking Squads. And what if (hypothetically) most teams for the Faction with more people are all relatively same high skill level? Then is there really an imbalance? Cause the "best team" isn't being diluted because they have more people, because they're all the same skill level.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk570 View Post
    No because it is suppose to be even and the troop counts are affected by the placement of troops on the warmap. Really just praise from your higherups and promotions should be given for activity, but this was one week which could be a fluke. Last war BLUE outnumbered REDD during most of the battle nights. The system we use is meant to be balanced and determined by the outcome of each map and placement of troops rather than just overwhelming numbers.
    I don't think it matters which side out numbers which, but like spiderman said,
    Quote Originally Posted by THExSPIDERMAN
    Imagine if VbD was the only REDD team that showed up to battle nights.
    If Redd won their shouldn't be a bonus, but if Blue is able to defeat our "best" team, they should be given a (small) bonus.

Like I said before, it doesn't matter if people agree on who is the best; one team is better than all of the others for a given faction and that team could be different for each map or each battle night. What matters is that team gets to play more matches if their faction has less people online which would given them an advantage. If the opposite faction is able to still win against that disadvantage they should be given a (small) bonus as a reward for their exceptional effort.

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamidj

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    I don't think it matters which side out numbers which, but like spiderman said, If Redd won their shouldn't be a bonus, but if Blue is able to defeat our "best" team, they should be given a (small) bonus.

Like I said before, it doesn't matter if people agree on who is the best; one team is better than all of the others for a given faction and that team could be different for each map or each battle night. What matters is that team gets to play more matches if their faction has less people online which would given them an advantage. If the opposite faction is able to still win against that disadvantage they should be given a (small) bonus as a reward for their exceptional effort.
    i think i understand what your trying to say. I will get something typed up and PM you for your thoughts.
    ۰۪۫J۰۰۪۫a۰۰۪۫m۰۰۪۫i ۰۰۪۫e۰۰۪۫D۰۰۪۫ J۰Purple Army Elite Trooper
    What We Do In Life, Echos in Eternity.

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well he was saying (maybe it was just an example) of how the "Best team" for a Faction with more people plays less. Well you can't really say "best team" unless you're ranking Squads. And what if (hypothetically) most teams for the Faction with more people are all relatively same high skill level? Then is there really an imbalance? Cause the "best team" isn't being diluted because they have more people, because they're all the same skill level.
    If that is the case, then you are right and it doesn't matter; however, I believe that even with nearly identical teams there is still a better team. If a faction is able to train to become %100 equal and superior shouldn't they still be rewarded? It seems like it would take an exceptional effort to train more people than the opposing faction into becoming equally "best."

-BLUE has a higher turnout
    -Goes on with life

-REDD has a higher turnout
    -Lets give them free stuff

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Blog Posts

If that is the case, then you are right and it doesn't matter; however, I believe that even with nearly identical teams there is still a better team. If a faction is able to train to become %100 equal and superior shouldn't they still be rewarded? It seems like it would take an exceptional effort to train more people than the opposing faction into becoming equally "best."
    If thats the case, isn't their reward winning the Map? :P
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Squads led:
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Why? It makes sense to me.
    Because when BLUE inevitably has a higher turnout ourselves, we don't want the bonuses you're recommending.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    If thats the case, isn't their reward winning the Map? :P
    Yes, their reward is winning the map, but until we can all 1v1 and tie Guzzie I don't think we are all "equal" players and thereby "equal" teams. If everybody else feels like we are all equally talented, I have no further dissent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    Because when BLUE inevitably has a higher turnout ourselves, we don't want the bonuses you're recommending.
    You could always pass on them and given them to Redd. I don't Fuzzy will mind.

Blog Posts

Well the Maps are coming down to tiebreakers every week, so the War is fairly balanced, yes.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Squads led:

Thread Information