Bioshock Infinite

Summary

The newest entry in the Bioshock series is the best so far. The setting is moved from Rapture, a city underwater, to Columbia, a city in the sky. The story sucked me in from the moment Booker DeWitt is introduced and kept me on the edge of my seat until the end. There were times where I would lose track of time while I explored Columbia and it's dark secrets. Infinite will blow your mind, and is truly one of the only games that'll make you play through multiple times leaving you mind f*cked. Just when you thought that you knew what was happening, Booker's world is flipped again. The game itself serves as a lesson and leaves you wanting more.

I can't even explain the game using proper english, which makes writing this review much more difficult. It is the perfect example of a game being considered art. If I had to compare Infinite and it's story to something, it would be a ROLLER COASTER. The game slowly builds up to the mid point, like a roller coaster climbing to the top, then the story changes your view on the game quickly, like the best part of the roller coaster. When the story ends, it leaves you wanting it again, like wanting to ride it again.

Story

I can't explain the story. It would be considered one giant spoiler, instead I will talk about the characters. Booker DeWitt is the main character. Booker is a mercenary/Pinkerton agent that has been through hell and back. He has "AD" branded into his hand, and his wife and child are both dead. He has the shittiest of lives, until he finds work.

"Bring us the Girl, and wipe away the Debt"

Sounds simple enough, right? WRONG. This one statement will follow you and Booker throughout the entire story, and it will echo throughout your mind as you experience the game. Booker's assignment is to find a girl named Elizabeth, who has the ability to create "tears" in time. Tears are entry ways to alternate universes. At the very beginning of the game, you hear Elizabeth ask Booker a simple question, and he responds with an answer that defines the plot of the game.

(Elizabeth) "Are you afraid of God?"
(Booker) "No, I'm afraid of you Elizabeth"

The main villain of the story is Zachary Hale Comstock. He is the man behind Columbia, the man who has Elizabeth locked up, the man who tries to kill Booker. I can't say much about him, as he is too related to the story.

Music

One of the best scores I've ever heard in a game. There were times where I would put down the controller and listen to the music. The game also pokes fun at modern music through Elizabeth's tears (you hear CCR, Pink, and Frank Sinatra).

Replay value

HIGH.

Story - 9.75/10
Music - 9.25/10
Graphics - 10/10
Playability - 9.5/10
Entertainment - 10/10
Concept - 10/10

OVERALL - 9.75/10