Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 343i Working on Halo 4 Weapon Tweaks

Quote Originally Posted by SuRroundeD By 1 View Post
    Personally, I don't think it's the aim assist that needs to be fixed on the beam rifle, it's the magnetism (unless they include auto-aim and magnetism under aim assist, then yeah).
    magnetism is included under aim assist.

I like the majority of these, they are completely right that it is a one gun game right now. some people use the other guns, but they aren't nearly as effective.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGUNNY132 View Post
    Si. AR is fine as is.
    no, it's not. I don't use that and i can see that.

Light Rifle

They said all they've done is increase the range at which the reticle turns red. I'm not sure what that changes, maybe increased Aim Assist for longer ranges?
    basically that, yup. much more useful than it sounds.

Battle Rifle

They are looking to buff the BR from a 5 shot kill to a 4 shot kill and also reduce the rate of fire.

I don't know how this will affect the BR. I've never really liked the BR, or have been good with it, but it was significantly worse than the dmr. Depending on how they adjust the rate of fire, this will either make it super overpowered, or very well balanced.

Light Rifle

They said all they've done is increase the range at which the reticle turns red. I'm not sure what that changes, maybe increased Aim Assist for longer ranges?

Considering this is supposed to be a long range weapon, this is much needed. it beats the dmr scoped, but as is it's pretty useless unscoped. I still think they should just leave the range, but make the 3 shot spread tighter. It would be very effective. This change is still great for it though.

Covenant Carbine

They have buffed Carbine to now have a 7 shot kill instead of a 8 shot kill.

Actually somewhat decent as a weapon now. 8 shots was just a tad too much.

Assault Rifle, Storn Rifle, Suppressor

They said they have given these weapons a damage buff but also decreased the aim assist.

I think i might actually use these now, since i have no problem with aiming. unless they take the aim assist off completely, which i might need to turn my sensitivity down for.

Beam Rifle

Looking into possibly nerfing the Beam Rifle's Aim Assist
    Good. These things are hardcore death machines.

Vehicles

Looking to buff Mantis and Warthog Chainguns.
    Good. Warthogs are basically useless, i can dmr out the gunner before he can mow me down. it's pathetic really. Mantis's are good, but not the "power vehicle" i thought they'd be. I'd assume they would be as powerful as a tank, but they're a mix of the rocket and chain hogs. both of which are terrible. Their only saving grace is their shields, and even that goes quick against a teamshot. I'll be glad to see vehicles that can actually dominate the map and require a change in strategy, rather than vehicles just, EVERYWHERE and able to be taken out by one guy on foot.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post

I don't know how this will affect the BR. I've never really liked the BR, or have been good with it, but it was significantly worse than the dmr. Depending on how they adjust the rate of fire, this will either make it super overpowered, or very well balanced.
    I'm expecting the rate of fire change to be negligible. The big thing that will decide if the BR becomes overpowered isn't the RoF, it's the damage. We know of course that it's going to be a 4sk weapon, but what does that really mean? Since the BR has a 3-bullet burst fire, the performance of the gun will vary wildly depending on whether it takes 10, 11 or 12 individual bullets to kill. I'm personally rooting for it to take all 12, because it'll add a bit of an increase to the skill gap (which is nonexistant in H4) and it will make using it at long distance far less effective because it's random spread would make it quite difficult to land all 12 bullets on target outside of the BR's intended medium range.

Unfortunately the way they've treated H4 thus far makes me suspect that they will make it kill on the 11th bullet, to make it easier for less-precision saavy users to actually 4-shot people. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by SuRroundeD By 1 View Post
    I can agree with all of these changes, I could also agree that we could have fixed this by slowing the rate of the DMR, but at this point, we'll see what happens.
    343's thing this whole time has been to promote "fast paced" gameplay. They'd rather go through the work and make six other weapons kill faster than to just fix the one by making it slower. :P
    Last edited by KazuhLLL; 04-18-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    I'm expecting the rate of fire change to be negligible. The big thing that will decide if the BR becomes overpowered isn't the RoF, it's the damage. We know of course that it's going to be a 4sk weapon, but what does that really mean? Since the BR has a 3-bullet burst fire, the performance of the gun will vary wildly depending on whether it takes 10, 11 or 12 individual bullets to kill. I'm personally rooting for it to take all 12, because it'll add a bit of an increase to the skill gap (which is nonexistant in H4) and it will make using it at long distance far less effective because it's random spread would make it quite difficult to land all 12 bullets on target outside of the BR's intended medium range.

Unfortunately the way they've treated H4 thus far makes me suspect that they will make it kill on the 11th bullet, to make it easier for less-precision saavy users to actually 4-shot people. But I guess we'll have to wait and see. :P
    I also hope it's the 12th bullet.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

BR is fine as is. The only changes I see fitting are nerfing the DMR a bit. Whenever I use it, I feel like I have a power weapon. Also, buff the carbine a bit. It feels like I'm shooting confetti whenever I use it.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Double D Masters
    Darksail 5weg
    Buying GF
    Kickstart Xbone pl1x

The carbine was the first weapon I maxed out, I think it would have been a lot faster with a 7 shot kill. It's my favorite weapon but I'm not going to use it much until I've maxed out a lot of the other starting weapons.

Happy they made warthogs do more damage, but I think they should just take more damage. All other adjustments are good too.

Thread Information