Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Xbox Announcement: May 21st

The New Xbox shall be revealed on the 21st of May!

http://kotaku.com/the-next-xbox-will...ium=Socialflow

Also, New Halo for 2013? http://www.gamespot.com/news/upcomin...tailer-6407472
    Personally, and from Microsoft's comment on it, I'm think Spartan Ops Season 2.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Re: New Xbox Announcement: May 21st

god damn it Max, you beat me to it again haha

Posted on Microsofts Facebook page:

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Oh fuck.. this is make or break for me. Xbox will win my heart and soul for a 3rd time, or I am going back to Sony.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vader View Post
    Oh fuck.. this is make or break for me. Xbox will win my heart and soul for a 3rd time, or I am going back to Sony.
    You and me both. The answers I need to know (Always Online? Used Games?) will be my deciding factor. If one is false and the other is true. It could come down to a coin flip between the "Next-Box" and the PS4

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

I still am of the mindset that "Always Online" will be an option if you want to use your Next-Box as a Cable Box (which Microsoft has been pushing a lot recently). I believe the "requirement" for Always Online came from rumors about the Next-Box that wouldn't play games but would be the next set-top box (with all of Xbox's apps and stuff like Netflix).
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

I really used to care about always online, but recently that's become less of an issue. It comes down to I don'y like to play my xbox when the internet is out. I live in a dorm room and occasionally the internet goes out and even if I'm playing a single player game like Mass effect or Dragon age I just had no interest in touching my xbox unless it was connected.

My first console was an Xbox with LIVE when that came out so It's just probably something I'm used to. I also don't sell my games or buy used ones so that isn't an issue. I already use steam, I'm used to not being able to sell my games

REDWATCH VETERAN

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Offtopic: Anyone notice how the 360 now has a "Pizza Hut App" where you can make your own pizza and place the order from your xbox? lol

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

It will be nice to put rumors to rest. Whether I buy a PS4 or nextBox next time around has a lot to do with what Microsoft presents here and at E3. Right now Sony is just making the PS4 look like a better product.

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Quote Originally Posted by OurNewProgress View Post
    It will be nice to put rumors to rest. Whether I buy a PS4 or nextBox next time around has a lot to do with what Microsoft presents here and at E3. Right now Sony is just making the PS4 look like a better product.
    I was reading up on the PS4 article, and I just am not impressed. The thing is, the PS4 is still trying to practice backwards compatibility, which is all fine and dandy. But I know that my 360 is still going to be working by the time Durango comes out. So I don't even need Durango to be backwards compatible. I'm okay with all new user interfaces, Xbox Live plans, controllers, built-in Kinect, etc. because if it is has all the OPTIONS of acting like an older machine, then it limits development of newer games on it.

For instance, if the controller for the Durango has built in tilt control like the PS3's Sixaxxis, but it still allows you to use the old 360 controller, then guess what? Game developers can't make a game that utilizes tilt control without adding in an alternative for people using their 360 controllers. If the new Kinect is only an optional support, then only some games will even have Kinect uses. They even mentioned something like this in Durango's article. The 360 came with an option for no HDD, and because of that, game developers had to make games able to run without HDD support, so that all players could experience the game.

The PS4 is trying to have all these options for being the common denominator between itself and the PS3, but what you're going to get when they do that is a PS3.5 to replace the PS3 that probably broke on you after a year anyway.

My 2005 model original 360 stands here today knowing in its heart that I will still play it even after I get a Durango.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    I was reading up on the PS4 article, and I just am not impressed. The thing is, the PS4 is still trying to practice backwards compatibility, which is all fine and dandy. But I know that my 360 is still going to be working by the time Durango comes out. So I don't even need Durango to be backwards compatible. I'm okay with all new user interfaces, Xbox Live plans, controllers, built-in Kinect, etc. because if it is has all the OPTIONS of acting like an older machine, then it limits development of newer games on it.

For instance, if the controller for the Durango has built in tilt control like the PS3's Sixaxxis, but it still allows you to use the old 360 controller, then guess what? Game developers can't make a game that utilizes tilt control without adding in an alternative for people using their 360 controllers. If the new Kinect is only an optional support, then only some games will even have Kinect uses. They even mentioned something like this in Durango's article. The 360 came with an option for no HDD, and because of that, game developers had to make games able to run without HDD support, so that all players could experience the game.

The PS4 is trying to have all these options for being the common denominator between itself and the PS3, but what you're going to get when they do that is a PS3.5 to replace the PS3 that probably broke on you after a year anyway.

My 2005 model original 360 stands here today knowing in its heart that I will still play it even after I get a Durango.
    You have some really good valid points. But I still look at the PS4 as an option if the "NextBox" doesn't have the options im looking for. BUt we will have to wait an see. My money is waiting in my wallet and by E3, my decision will be made.

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

Thread Information