View Poll Results: Would you like to have these settings for remake maps?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

24 54.55%
  • NO!

20 45.45%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VbD Benchwarmer
    Blog Posts

Re: "Classic" Gametypes?

This is (in my opinion) an absolutely wonderful idea, and I love you for putting the pole forward kaz

REDWATCH VETERAN
    Victor or Die

​#YouCantStopThePlan

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

Weird the ultimatums some have the nerve to throw around. I'm actually your biggest supporter on this. I personally would be an enormous fan of AGL settings on all maps, because there are those who sit with camo and snipers completely breaking the game. The DMR itself is a terrible weapon which takes away skill and breaks virtually every map. The AR might change in this next update (I hope it does), but at the moment it contains no skill, with incredible aim assist so you can spray and pray. It's not that much of a learning curve. Instead of picking your own loadouts, here are what you can use. Done. It's all just point and shoot.

VbD Benchwarmer
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeafOrangutan91 View Post
    ....I'm actually your biggest supporter on this....
    I disagree. I'M your biggest supporter.

REDWATCH VETERAN
    Victor or Die

​#YouCantStopThePlan

Violent by Design

Maybe not classic gametypes per-se. But on maps which the jetpack just destroys the strategy on, the jetpack should be a pickup and not allowed in ordnance somehow.

Violent by Design

. Br all day, forget the dmr.

Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

While I love AGL settings and what not, I disagree with this. It would be too much work for Myth, plus it would over complicate things. We should stick with what we use now.

The BR has already been confirmed to be a 4-shot plus the DMR is having a minor nerf. Jetpacks aren't as game breaking in this game like Reach, so they don't bother me. Camo sniping punishes those who run out in the open, I honestly don't have as many issues with these players because I simply know that they are common so I avoid running out into the open. This game isn't as broken as most people believe, its just different.

If you don't like the game, then please feel free to sell it.
    Last edited by Platinum; 04-25-2013 at 11:57 AM.

Blog Posts

On the Classic Gametyes: we should try to limit the amount of gametypes we have. They all already don't all fit on Myths fileshare (maybe, I remember when he didnt have regular Slayer on it LOL), and adding a whole new type is only going to make it more confusing. As was said, if it doesn't work with Halo 4, it probably shouldn't be in the Wars.

As far as AGL settings go, what we have now is pretty balanced (no loadout far dominates the others) and it allows everyone to pick and choose their own loadouts that they're comfortable with. This degree of freedom is exactly what our war simulation needed and it allows you to pick loadouts to fit the various environments you'll be experiencing and lets you deal with battles the way that you want to take them on with. Whether it's stealthing to the objective or picking a demolition class with extra grenades, it allows you the freedom to deal with situations however you want.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Blog Posts

While I understand where this is coming from the need to further complicate things is not necessary. Past Halos where fun in their own way, let Halo 4 embed it's self into our memories on it's own

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

I agree with some of the comments here, this is no longer Halo 2/ 3/ Reach. So, in my opinion, we should focus more on trying to get with the times and embrace the changes that the game has offered to us; make the most of them, and not linger around the nostalgia pipe with all these remakes and classic game types. Furthermore, I don't think for a minute that most FC members spent $60 just to play the game 'like' Halo 2, 3 or Reach, I know I didn't.
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    ON THE WATCH
    REMEMBER REACH

Sorry bro, not about to start our with an AR.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Thread Information