Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: The Current State of Halo 4 Weapon Tweaks and Join-In-Progress Function

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    the BR sounds like it'll still dominate. 11 shot kill with pacing of the dmr? kind of takes away the point of having a dmr... And jesus, two kills possible with one assault rifle clip? that sounds overpowered, though i haven't seen the aim assist change. I'll reserve judgment till later, but i have mixed feelings about this update.
    The dmr should never have been in the game.

I personally can't stand Join in Progress. Especially now that CSR is fully implemented. Join in Progress just doesn't work in a game like Halo. Just remove it completely.

RvBR/FC Veteran. 7 years

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGUNNY132 View Post
    I personally can't stand Join in Progress. Especially now that CSR is fully implemented. Join in Progress just doesn't work in a game like Halo. Just remove it completely.
    This this this.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGUNNY132 View Post
    I agree with you. I'd rather 343i take out Join In Progress and just make the punishment for quitting games more harsh.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UEG Urias View Post
    I agree with you. I'd rather 343i take out Join In Progress and just make the punishment for quitting games more harsh.
    They could do something like in H3 where it demoted your rank (which I think it does that with the CSR anyway, I'm not sure)
    Or the 10 minute suspension in Reach, which wasn't really a punishment, it was more of an inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by riphelix View Post
    They could do something like in H3 where it demoted your rank (which I think it does that with the CSR anyway, I'm not sure)
    Or the 10 minute suspension in Reach, which wasn't really a punishment, it was more of an inconvenience.
    An inconvenience is better than nothing.

Blog Posts

That's true. Join in progress just blows.

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    I'm actually loving the current state of balancing. Sure, the AR can now feasible take out two guys with a single clip, but like Urias said the margin of error isn't that big. With the spread of the AR we should only see stuff like that at close range (the AR's intended niche). As for the BR, with the same fire rate as the DMR, it'll be possible to 4-shot a guy before he 5-shots you. But again, the weapons spread will limit its effectiveness at 4-shotting, specifically to a medium range (the BR's intended niche). At long range the spread + lag will make even 5-shotting unlikely, leaving the DMR king at its intended niche only. Good job, 343.
    i suppose, although it's still a little iffy to me that it can overpower a DMR user THAT EASILY. Again, i'll wait to reserve final judgement, perhaps they did manage to balance it into their proper roles, but i have a feeling the BR will just become the new dominant weapon.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

i suppose, although it's still a little iffy to me that it can overpower a DMR user THAT EASILY. Again, i'll wait to reserve final judgement, perhaps they did manage to balance it into their proper roles, but i have a feeling the BR will just become the new dominant weapon.
    Obviously I can't say anything for sure without using the weapons, but what I'm thinking is that there will be no "across the board" dominant weapon. From these description I think the map size will determine which weapons are widely used on them. We see this to some extent now, but honestly the smallest map (Haven) still has +50% of people using DMR's. I'm hoping that after this update we'll start seeing far less of that.

Violent by Design

They specifically said the time to kill after update for the BR and DMR will be exactly the same. Don't miss, and you won't die.

Thread Information