Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

The Story behind the Development of Halo 4

This story details the story of Halo 4, and why it wasn't what everyone was expecting. Just remember that there are four pages to this article.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...ut_.php?page=1

Re: The Story behind the Development of Halo 4

You know, one quote really stands out to me from this article (page four); "As a general rule, we try not to overreact to the loud, vocal minority."

That entire article is a very interesting read for several reasons. Depending on who you talk to, a lot of people seemed to think this article reinforced confidence in 343i. But I just don't see it. I may never buy Halo 5.

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Quote Originally Posted by OurNewProgress View Post
    That entire article is a very interesting read for several reasons. Depending on who you talk to, a lot of people seemed to think this article reinforced confidence in 343i. But I just don't see it. I may never buy Halo 5.
    Lol I'll buy Halo because it's Halo. Sad but true. Halo 4 is not the series breaker it's made out to be. That was Reach. Reach was trouble.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

As a person who enjoys Halo 4 I'd have no issue buying 5. Thanks for the link

REDWATCH VETERAN

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    Lol I'll buy Halo because it's Halo. Sad but true. Halo 4 is not the series breaker it's made out to be. That was Reach. Reach was trouble.
    I think that hits on a larger issue though. Activision can pump out a new CoD every single year because they know people will buy it for the sole reason that its a new CoD title. And people keep buying them due to brand loyalty, despite the fact that very little is changed in the way of gameplay. And yet many gamers outside of the CoD community criticize the franchise for not changing the formula. I would argue that brand loyalty is a problem in the game industry. People shouldn't buy Halo 5 just because its Halo. Instead we should wait and figure out which direction 343 wants to take the franchise. If its a direction you don't like, don't buy it.

Thread Information