View Poll Results: Do You Think There Should Be Battles Held On Mother's Day?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I can make battles.

47 54.65%
  • No, please cancel the battles for Mother's Day.

39 45.35%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Blog Posts

Re: Should There Be Battles On Mother's Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Nawty Lucia View Post
    I bet blue would have a good 9-11 teams next Sunday. And going by that I dont see any need to cancel the Battle night.
    Doubt it. This week was a good turn out for Blue. If we remove all squads that don't make up Cyber, Sparta and Legacy you have a total 6 squads looking at last week. I am calling this a good turn out looking at past battles

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Quote Originally Posted by DeafOrangutan91 View Post
    No, you are being rude in your attitude of "An entire army can't make it? Well, sucks to be them."

One person missing a battle isn't reason to stop. An entire army missing it is a very bad thing. Halo is a game. We have always stressed that someone's personal life comes first. You served under me for a while, I had hoped you learned that. This community is a wonderful thing and I've made some good friends on here (other than those jerks MD, Guzzie, and Silko), but we cannot neglect our other responsibilities. Major holidays are more important than battles. I think having a hobby which you can participate in 340 days a year is pretty damn good. Maybe its not smart to complain about missing two? And weren't you the one who gave us an ultimatum about how you'd leave if we had BR starts and you couldn't use your loadouts last week? I feel you keep making mountains out of molehills.

And as you heard from Kazuhll, it appears Legacy and Sparta are fine for the battle whereas the majority of other teams in Blue are not. If it were just our 3 best teams or so showing up, that would be okay, but it appears it will be most of Redd army. Can you imagine the wait times if REDD has 12 teams waiting to play 2-3 Blue teams? Not only that, but it unfairly skews the battle. It would be like VBD and Vanquish playing every Blue team in a week. Not exactly fair. The battles have to be cancelled in order to preserve their integrity.

You want something to play for? Do Garg's idea of wagering army credits on customs or swat or grifball. Hell, if you don't like that, we're always willing to scrim you. But as for the real battles, Silko is absolutely right. I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to realize that this battle cannot go on. Zeta, you're awesome, but just think outside of your own concerns and consider what's best for REDD and for FC, and you'll see that I'm right.
    We say mothers day is a major US holiday, but in my opinion, it really isn't. In my personal view I don't consider mothers day, or fathers day or that matter, a big enough holiday to cancel.

I'll stick by that. I personally dislike BR starts with a passion. I don't like the Halo 4 BR and if they ever came around I would eventually leave the community. It isn't anything against AGL or anything like that but I do not like the weapon compared to past games as I don't have fun while using the BR in halo 4. Why would I continue to do something I dislike? I've given the Halo 4 BR many chances, just don't like it so no I am not making a mountain out of a mole hill and I will forever stick by that statement.

Ok I can buy that argument, but fathers day is next month are we going to stop for that as well? I really, really, really dislike that we are skipping 1 battle night a month for four straight months. (granted one of those days was because of LIVE issues. It just doesn't set a good precedent and sure after June there won't be days off but skipping these days makes me feel like I'm putting a lot of work into this community and not getting the final pay off that is the battles.

I'm not sure if you know this about me but I work with a political candidate in Oregon and my whole job description is putting me 2nd. I like the work, I really do but I'm slowly starting to realize that I need to start thinking about myself more when it comes to my free time and these battles are one thing I really enjoy. I've put a ton of work into this community over the past few months and for the past 2 months we've taken 2 battle nights off, and now we are about to take another 2 off. I don't want any more breaks. I'm frustrated that we've already had 2 and I feel like I'm putting all this working into the community for little. I don't want any more issues between me and what I have deemed an important part of my time. This is most likely because I'm still only 4 months into this community but right off the bat into my first war taking this much time of is very discouraging.

I'm not stating facts, everything I'm saying is in my opinion and shouldn't be taken as gossip. I have no vote in what we do but that doesn't mean I won't have my voice heard in the discussion. My vote has been caste. I don't have anything more to add to this thread. If you want to talk about what I said PM me.
    Last edited by Zeta Crossfire; 05-03-2013 at 02:47 AM.

REDWATCH VETERAN

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Crossfire View Post
    I'll stick by that. I personally dislike BR starts with a passion. I don't like the Halo 4 BR and if they ever came around I would eventually leave the community. It isn't anything against AGL or anything like that but I do not like the weapon compared to past games as I don't have fun while using the BR in halo 4. Why would I continue to do something I dislike? I've given the Halo 4 BR many chances, just don't like it so no I am not making a mountain out of a mole hill and I will forever stick by that statement.
    Off topic, but the upcoming 4-shot BR is supposed to feel fantastic

Anyway, no need to argue til we're blue (or REDD ) in the face. The WC is brainstorming and we'll do our best to make as many people happy as possible. Just keep on keeping it clean, everyone.

TL DR the forum so i don't know if this idea has been put out . why don't we have like an allstars or somthing where , we have the two FM of both army pick the people they want on their team or somthing , and than the winning team roster get a 1000 or somthing vcash and maybe the top 10 get extra or somthing?

i think it be nice , have both armies get to know each other ease the tension , and with vcash as rewards it will mean somthing,
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

Violent by Design

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    TL DR the forum so i don't know if this idea has been put out . why don't we have like an allstars or somthing where , we have the two FM of both army pick the people they want on their team or somthing , and than the winning team roster get a 1000 or somthing vcash and maybe the top 10 get extra or somthing?

i think it be nice , have both armies get to know each other ease the tension , and with vcash as rewards it will mean somthing,
    I like this idea. It'd be fun to have a chance to play with other squads in a setting where a map isn't on the line. It would also be fun to mix the armies up a bit and have like an EAST vs WEST series.

Back to the topic at hand, I think I'd like to change my vote to not hold battles if the armies will be scarce. Perhaps we could do some intra-army mock battles on whatever maps are being played.

The more I think about this the more appealing it is. If people will be gone, instead of just cancelling the night and each army go about their own sunday night activities, we could hold an event with a lighthearted mood.

There has been a lot of back-and-forth between both armies as of late, and this would be a good way to kind of.. bring the peace, so to speak. We could hold a few events such as an "Allstar game" like Corbin suggested, or do some semi "competitive" mini games (i.e. not FFA games, but mini games with a 'goal'), or do an intra army battle (Purple vs Yellow?), and have the prizes either be vcash, signatures that the losers have to have on the forums for a week, or something along those lines.

Regardless of if this is implemented instead of battles on Mother's day, I think these would be fun any week.
    Last edited by bl4yze; 05-03-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post

Don't worry you'll see what we come up with
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

You know, we keep cancelling battles for every little holiday. If we keep doing this we are going to have a repeat of the "War That Never Ends" a few years ago. Mothers day is NOT a major US/religious holiday, as in businesses are not closed, there isn't major changes in our day to day activities. If people can't make it, oh well. The show must go on.

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DeafOrangutan91 View Post
    You want something to play for? Do Garg's idea of wagering army credits on customs or swat or grifball. Hell, if you don't like that, we're always willing to scrim you. But as for the real battles, Silko is absolutely right. I don't think it takes a brain surgeon to realize that this battle cannot go on. Zeta, you're awesome, but just think outside of your own concerns and consider what's best for REDD and for FC, and you'll see that I'm right.
    ummm, that was my idea:

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    Have a weekend where it actually means something? Have that Sunday where it is a custom game night where both armies wager their army credits. That brings a new twist and something we can do every weekend that we chose to postpone the battles. That way no one is missing something that involves a family holiday. It's a win-win for everyone and a chance to do something different.

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bl4yze View Post
    If people will be gone, instead of just cancelling the night and each army go about their own sunday night activities, we could hold an event with a lighthearted mood.
    "Pollen is bee semen, right?" -PolychromeVirus, 2016

"Your forefathers wisely set aside their compassion. Steeled themselves for what needed to be done.
    I see now why they left you behind. You were weak, and gods must be strong." -Prophet of Truth

I'm pretty sure I could make it, so I'm fine with that

Thread Information