Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Post Mythonian

Hola, amigos. ¿Como están?

Me llamo Matthew, pero me seudónimo es Mythonian.

Hablo español y inglès, pero yo prefero a hablo inglès, así yo albedrío.

Best intro to an intro ever, isnt it? I agree.

I'm not going to disclose the origin of my epic pseudonym. Instead, here is my story of while I was here in FC...

Anyways, I originally joined FC on December 14, 2009 when Twizzey convinced me to join (it took him about three months of constantly bugging me). The current war (which will be over by the time the majority of FC gets access to this) had already been going on for a while. Larry Morris left and stepped down as FM right when I joined.

I remained as a lowly Enlisted for about a month and a half under XzNightHawk. When I got to Drill Sergeant, Raz watched one of my bootcamps and calmly noted that it was "terrible." A very sobering experience that was...

A few days later, right in the middle of matt3086's bootcamp (which was done a half hour after XxCptNICK94xX's bootcamp (his brother), I got a message from Twizzey, the then Colonel of BLUE's 22nd Tactical Company.

In the message I merely get "You're new captain of Echo." From there I reshape Echo squad a bit and set the stage for the next few months. I develop a point-based system for activity and use it as a requirement for participating in battles. This system is later changed slightly and is currently implemented in nearly all of the BLUE squads.

After about another month and a half of being Captain of Echo (the Rise and Fall of the 31st BLUE Berets was during this time), I get yet another message from Twizzey (still officially Colonel, but he has already been suspended and is only still here to "ease the transition") stating that I will be the new Major, replacing Mi Boys Dinner who had previously stepped down. Captain Poder replaced me as Captain.

After about two weeks, I was moved up to Colonel of the 22nd Tactical Company. I didnt get anything accomplished, though, because three days later (early June) I was promoted to Commander, with Al Capone being promoted to General. Captain Poder replaced me as Colonel, with XxCptNICK94xX replacing him as the captain of Echo squad.

Finally, the new site was opened up to the public on August 29, 2010. Many members immediately moved the new forums and began filling the empty sections with dozens of threads almost immediately. That same day, Raz Vicious, Forerunner and FC Advisor, announced whom would be the Field Marshals for Reach. After listing I GHOSTHAMMER I (aka Cody S 117) as the REDD Field Marshal, he listed myself as the BLUE equivalent.

The rest of the High Command and Officer rankings are still being decided, and should be done in the next two weeks.

Since then I've been helping out as much as I can in HC. I hope to continue to do so, and I also hope that the troop system that I helped think up works well and all...

And remember what the glorious BLUE army can do:

EDIT:

So, after being assigned as the BLUE Field Marshal during the Beta War of Halo: Reach, I led BLUE Army in a constantly back-and-forth war.

Approximately halfway through the war, sometime between February and April, I heard rumor that some members of REDD had expanded upon my nickname of "The Robot" and changed it into "Skynet." At the time, it was meant derogatively in reference to accusations of intentional tampering with maps and ulterior motives.

Nearing the end, both sides were growing ever closer to each others Capitals. BLUE Army was barely a week ahead and managed to get the first attack on the Capital on May 1st, 2011, the 15th battle of the war. It ended as a BLUE victory, meaning we had captured Hemorrhage, REDD's capital.

However, we still had to defend it. So, for the next three weeks we vigorously fought to hold the lines, but REDD was steadily gaining ground. If REDD was able to take their capital back, it would mean BLUE would be in a bad position with REDD's forces so near BLUE's capital.

So, on May 29th, a final stand is issued on Hemorrhage itself. All forces from both armies are concentrating fully on the upcoming conflict. It was best 8 of 15 games to decide who wins the war.

After the first 5 games, it is tied 2 to 2, with 1 game being a tie. Both armies are gritting their teeth and rolling up their sleeves. After realizing that the opponents mean business, everyone started to get serious.

After the next 5 games, BLUE has gained 3 wins while REDD only got 1. Once again, 1 game was a tie. BLUE had gained a significant advantage, and only needed 3 more wins to achieve total victory...

It goes all the way to game 14. Ice Squad and a REDD mixture of forces went head to head on Oddball. It was an overwhelming BLUE victory. With this win, the match was decided. BLUE had defended Hemorrhage successfully. After 18 battles, the war was over, and BLUE was victorious!

(for actual gameplay from that glorious battle, refer to the GIF above)

That evening after the victory celebrations, I officially resigned from active service. I was allowed to join the ranks of the Forerunners to assist in continuing to maintain the community, wars, and website.

Since then, I've done everything in my power to ensure that everything is fun, enjoyable, and exciting for everyone involved. I was heavily involved in re-writing the Accords and setting everything up for the next war.

After a month and a half of peacetime, the second war of Halo: Reach had begun. I continue to assist in maintaining the community as best I can, and plan on doing so for the foreseeable future.

Since the initial introduction of my nickname of "Skynet," I've accepted it and turned into a small little joke...

I leave with an example of what happens when you make Skynet angry:

More Edits:

After the lackluster events of the Second War, I was appointed War Director for the Third War. The move was done partially to remove some of my influence to assist the community with weening them off of me doing everything, but I still was heavily involved and it didn't really change anything.

Following a bad start to the Fourth War, REDD's High Command began protesting the skill imbalance. The rest of the War Council convened and decided to (1) Transfer Resistance Company to REDD, (2) Transfer Infernal Guard Platoon to BLUE, and (3) appoint myself as interim REDD Field Marshal.

It took a few weeks, but overcoming some bits of drama and tension, the army began working well together and became an exceptionally oiled machine. Everyone did their jobs well and REDD ended up coming out victorious in the end after 10 battles.

However, while REDD was getting itself together, BLUE was down on numbers and having issues getting enough people to keep the Battles running smoothly. This was a result of the Infernal Guard platoon effectively disappearing a few weeks after the transfer, and also some not-so-great recruit retention rates.

After the REDD Victory, the Fourth War concluded and I returned to a neutral position. After preparing some new Rules of Engagement and setting up the war as the War Director once again, the War will begin on July 15th. Hopefully everything works out well.

If not, I'll be stepping into an active role once again.
    Last edited by Mythonian; 07-15-2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Updated.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Best Intro I ever Read, and I don't read much.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Quote Originally Posted by MedeDust View Post
    Best Intro I ever Read, and I don't read much.

Badass

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts
    Mythonian, is that Blues ROFLcopter

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

Website Administrator
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    Of course that is BLUE's ROFLcopter! Who else would be able to be so awesome?

Mythonian, I fucking love you and your introduction.

The coolest part was that I was completely able to read your Spanish introduction (Honors Spanish II FTW).

Did I mention you're awesome?
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Myth, I totally understand your opening.
    I agree, my messages were quite annoying. Yeah man, we never play games together, I guess it's cause your a workaholic now huh?

Myth, I never talk to you. Does that mean I actually have to listen to you now, or do I just ignore you and do my own thing like usual? :P
    The fuck you looking at, asshat?

x: 176.06 y: 124.57 z: 27.97

Raz: Dinner= MY HERO
    Loco: dinner is the win
    Donkey: I should take Dinner out to dinner.

Rosario Vampire Topic= The Record of FC forever. 128 Pages.

Website Administrator
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    Mythonian, I fucking love you and your introduction.

The coolest part was that I was completely able to read your Spanish introduction (Honors Spanish II FTW).

Did I mention you're awesome?
    No, you didn't mention it...

Quote Originally Posted by Twizzey View Post
    Myth, I totally understand your opening.
    I agree, my messages were quite annoying. Yeah man, we never play games together, I guess it's cause your a workaholic now huh?
    The good ol' times...

Quote Originally Posted by Mi Boys Dinner View Post
    Myth, I never talk to you. Does that mean I actually have to listen to you now, or do I just ignore you and do my own thing like usual? :P
    ^^^Answered in a conversation.

Yeah, that was posted before the convo haha. :P
    The fuck you looking at, asshat?

x: 176.06 y: 124.57 z: 27.97

Raz: Dinner= MY HERO
    Loco: dinner is the win
    Donkey: I should take Dinner out to dinner.

Rosario Vampire Topic= The Record of FC forever. 128 Pages.

Thread Information