Blog Posts

Fedaykin Chronicles - Prologue (Mass Effect RP)

It was a raining storm of a midnight; Requiem was sat down on a transport cruiser with his visor open talking to Ray on comm.

“Requiem this is the last known whereabouts of Jay.” Ray assured.

“Good, how is the base looking?” Requiem grew curious of what he was up against.

“According to this map...”, a map was raised on the screen of the transport cruiser showing Requiem all the notable points, “...security is heavy; there are several snipers over watching the area. It is assumed they have night vision scopes so watch your step.” Ray cautiously said.

“So, where am I landing?” Requiem asked, priming his suit; making sure all of his weapons and gadgets were up to scratch.

“We are going to drop you off at the power plant.” A red dot appeared on the map “Here, you will have access to the security terminals and you may be able to halt some of the abominations they call experiments too, but, it’s your call.” Ray lectured.

“Do you even need to ask if I would halt the experiments? You should know me by now.” Requiem remarked.

“Of course Requiem, but I always like to be able to give you choice.” Ray chuckled.

“E.T.A. two minutes Requiem!” The pilot bellowed as he was approaching the Cerberus base.

“Noted.” Requiem replied with haste as he was now calibrating the technology on his suit, closing his visor.

The transport cruiser’s doors now slid open.

“I’ll leave you to it.” Ray disconnected.

Requiem was now on the edge of the cruiser as he faced down to the ground below, getting ready to jump.

“Watashi no kouun wo inotte kudasai!” Requiem shouted as he leaped off the transport cruiser.
    [Pronounced: Wa tashi no – ko une wo- ino tay – ku da sai. Means: “Wish me luck" in Japanese.]

Requiem was now falling fast to the ground; surfing through the heavy rain with the sounds of droplets being drowned out by the sound of thunder. Requiem then did a forward flip and executed a posture just before he landed so he could distribute the force of impact evenly through his body. His visor now glowing bright blue as he looked up.

Requiem then looked around to see if the area was clear. It was, for the most part then he found a Cerberus trooper patrolling in front with his back facing him. Requiem was now approaching this trooper quietly like a cat and activated his tactical cloak as he was getting close.

Requiem was now in killing proximity. Requiem stepped on an object that made a crunch sound alerting the trooper. As the trooper turned around, Requiem used his left fist to execute a blow to the trooper’s stomach, winding him. As the trooper started to scrunch up like a ball holding his stomach, Requiem’s right hand that was upright, revealed a hidden blade and thrust it downwards, impaling the back of the trooper’s neck, killing him quickly.

Requiem then approached the security building holding the terminal and saw that there were at least three troopers in there.

‘This is troublesome…’ Requiem thought to himself whilst taking out a flash bang grenade.

‘Here I go…’ Requiem popped the flash bang through the open door, quickly followed by a bright white flash. Requiem went into the room fast, unsheathed his katana and began decimating the troops. There was blood everywhere that Requiem almost slipped whilst making his way to the terminal.

“That was easy enough.” Requiem thought out loud as he approached the terminal.

‘Now where is Jay?’ Requiem continued in thought as he was hacking through the terminal. He then found the location and the screen above showed Jay, tied to a medical table.

“Found him.” Requiem made a note on his mobile data pad on his left wrist and began to make his way.

- - - Updated - - -

Mia had gotten yet another anonymous letter via omni-tool stating Cerberus could lead her to answers about her past. Cerberus is a human-survivalist paramilitary group, that was in some way involved with the Quarian she was after. She had been hunting the same Quarian for 7 years now, seeking only revenge. Retribution for what he did to Mia and the rest of her family. She had no idea why a Quarian was trying to get in with a human-based group, but she was determined to find out why.

Mia’s biotic powers had grown immensely strong over the years; becoming even more powerful than many Asari biotics. After the fleet sent her on her pilgrimage, Mia trained herself vigorously giving her high stamina, also teaching herself to track and be stealthy and over the past 7 years, she’d perfected most of these abilities. All she had learned would be put to the test today. She was invading a Cerberus base, to hopefully find the one in charge to get some answers. Once she’d found the one in charge, if they refuse to give her the information she seeks, she wasn’t afraid to force the information out.

“E.T.A. 30 seconds, ma’am.” The pilot started slowing down. “I’m gonna have to drop you off about 2 or 3 miles away from the base. It would have been further, but the storm is keeping us pretty well-hidden. They’ve got night vision and there are snipers on the roof, and god knows what else. If they see this shuttle, we’d both be toast.”

Mia looked at the pilot not worried about the running distance. “That’s fine. I’ll take out the snipers and go in through the roof.” Mia cracked her knuckles ready for whatever this night was about to serve her.

Mia opened the door as the shuttle was around 20ft from the ground. She gazed up at the sky and slowly closed her eyes. She held out a silver chain necklace with a double infinity pendant on the end. She pressed it to her visor as she spoke her motto, “be strong, be brave, and never give up, no matter what happens.” She let the necklace fall back to its place around her neck. Her eyes snapped back open and she jumped from the shuttle landing on her feet.

She sprinted the 2.7 miles to the Cerberus base, only lurking in the shadows. As the base was in sight, she noticed several men outside, guarding the front entrance, so she snuck around the backside. Mia wasn’t one to kill unless absolutely necessary. She was all about stealth.

As she made her way around back she looked up, trying to focus on how she was going to make it to the roof. She ran directly towards the wall in a full sprint, placing one of her feet onto the wall giving herself a push upwards. She grabbed onto the ledge looking around before pulling herself up. She saw two snipers. One was on the other side of the building and one was only about 20 feet from her. She ran over to him and jumped up behind him with her legs back almost as if she were kneeling on the ground. She landed on the soldier and she twisted her legs quickly, breaking his neck. She placed her feet on the ground and caught the soldier, so that no one would hear the impact as he hit the ground. She gently laid him down and continued on.

Mia came across a skylight and as she looked down she saw another fighting their way through the base taking down an army of Cerberus troops. She smirked. “You’d be a worthy opponent.” Mia realized she had to move quickly in case this vigilante was after the same thing she was. She had to find the one in charge and fast. She moved along the roof, silently as she came across another skylight. Normally she would have walked right past, but something caught her eye.

A human male was strapped to a medical bed, unable to move. Flashbacks immediately flew through Mia’s mind. Reliving portions of the horror she’d experienced. Something about this man, made her feel sympathy, a feeling she’d never bothered with before. She felt the need to help this human, even if it would screw up her plan. She knew the pain behind being a prisoner.

There was a latch on the skylight with a lock. She broke the lock and opened the latch, slowly easing herself downward before dropping to the floor. She walked over to this man and noticed something that made her jump backwards and gasp. “No…” She whispered. There was metal plating around his forearms with hoses going directly into his skin. She looked over to where the hoses led seeing that this man was being injected with element zero.

Mia’s first reaction was to run. She had horrific memories of element zero, but something made her stay. Something had come over her, and she remembered her motto as she spoke it minutes earlier. She knelt down next to the man, “I’m going to get you out of here.”

Just as she started undoing the straps that forced him to lie still, a group of guards came in.

“You’re not supposed to be in here!” One of them yells.

“Ah she’s just a helpless, little Quarian,” Another guard laughed.

Mia speaks innocently. “Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t realize I was in the wrong room.” Her innocence faded as her eyes narrowed and her body was now surrounded by a blue glow.

“She’s… a biotic?” One of the guards was confused to see a Quarian biotic.

“That’s right boys.” Mia answers. “And you’ve just made a monumental mistake crossing paths with me.” Upon finishing her sentence, Mia throws all of the guards to the wall with her biotics. She then deploys her singularity as they all hover around the orb.

Her hands were once again eager to deploy her throw. The guards looked at her in horror as she used her throw creating a biotic explosion, sending the guards sailing across the room. “And that’s what happens when you mess with the ‘helpless, little Quarian’ she said mocking them.

Just as she turns to Jay an alarm sounds. “Ugh great… Guess we better make this a quick intro and escape." She paused. "I'm Mia, and you're a male human in quite the predicament.” This man was obviously unconscious and couldn't hear Mia, but she humored introductions anyway.

Mia went over to the machine that was hooked up to Jay and rapidly pressed several buttons, hoping it would shut it down.

- - - Updated - - -

Requiem was making his way through the building were Jay Dean was supposed to be held. Knocking out a few guards along the way he heard some noise coming from the room, what sounded like a biotic explosion.

“You have to be kidding me?” Requiem thought as he was under the impression this was going to be an easy ‘get in, get the package and get out.’ But no, it now turned out to be ‘Get in, fight a biotic then get the package and get out’.

Requiem then sighed in disbelief and had the following thought.

‘I wonder if I ask nicely, the biotic will let me be.’ Requiem knew this was never going to happen but liked to think that anyway.

Requiem began to approach the room’s window where the entire ruckus is coming from and looked through it. He could not see who it was clearly but saw someone in a suit glowing blue.

“Great, a blue power ranger is directly in front of my brother.” Requiem thought out loud, thinking about how he was going to handle the situation.

‘I got it!’ Requiem thought to himself and activated his tactical cloak, now entering the room.

Requiem was now very close to Jay and managed to sneak until he was beside the soon realised to be Quarian standing in front of him.

‘That Quarian is a biotic?’ He thought to himself, thinking if he should be impressed or cautious out of his brains. Then as soon as Requiem reached the terminal in front of Jay, his tactical cloak deactivated. Now unveiled like a prize on a quiz show.

‘Shimatta!’ Requiem thought as his eyes grew, hoping the Quarian power ranger has not seen him.
    [Pronounced: Shim ma ta. Japanese for: “Oh crap.”]

‘What now, what now, what now?’ Requiem kept thinking, he was beside a biotic Quarian and he was sure he was going to be thrown into a wall like a phone thrown by an angry girl who just broken up with her boyfriend against a wall. This thought made Requiem even more anxious. So he turned around slowly and started to wave slowly at the Quarian.

- - - Updated - - -

Mia was concentracting on the terminal when she heard a certain sound. A sound she'd learned to identify long ago. Never looking away from the terminal she realized a tactical cloak had been activated. Someone was now in the room with her.

She readied her biotics, only her hands glowing blue. She didn't want to risk the trooper knowing she knew he was in the room by being surrounded in a blue glow. She turned only seconds as his tactical cloak deactivated. Her eyes a bright blue surrounded by clouds of rage. Her hands faced directly towards this stranger.

"Back away from him!" Mia was furious. "I won't let anyone hurt him again!"

- - - Updated - - -

Jay was indeed unconscious. His body strapped down tightly to a wicked looking medical table, a table that, on it's own, was menacing enough to send chills down your spine. His arms were secured out at his sides, his legs separated in a 'V' shape, secured by electronic shackles made of titanium.

Jays face looked like he had endured hell over and over again, sweat still fell from his brow. The hoses containing a heavily modified form of element zero were connected to each arm through a metallic device that wrapped each forearm. The metallic forearm braces could never be removed, they had been fused to his body, his skin, his soul.

Jay had only a pair of Cerberus issue shorts to cover his body, his upper body and his legs from the knee down were left bare. Jay was having nightmares of his parents death over and over again in his mind, he could not find peace in his living hell. He had endured too much, and for what? He did not know.

As Mia was pushing buttons on the console, Phase X was activated, the final procedure Jay was to endure. A procedure that even the illusive man thought was extreme. A synthesized voice confirmed the procedure was initated.

"Final stage commencing. Phase X initiated. Element zero circulating."

The machine came to life, the machine that was feeding element zero into Jay's body directly through the tubes connected to his forearms. There was no shut down, no reverse to what was happening to Jay. The tubes shuddered as the element zero coursed through and into Jays left arm, circulating and returning out through his right.

Jay was forced awake by the sudden and intense pain of his body absorbing the element zero and it's properties.
    He shook violently and screamed louder than anyone had heard before. His voice booming through the entire base of operations. Jay's body was pushed to its absolute limit, every vein, artery, tendon, visible as his skin contracted and tightened from his muscles as they strained under the pain of the final procedure. The timer read two minutes... two minutes of unending pain and agony.

Jay held onto his thoughts, his memories were what had been keeping him alive. Memories of true love, family, and determination. Memories of his father and his mother, of his love, of Kelly...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH HHHH!!!!!!!!!!" Jay kept screaming until the timer reached zero. The machine stopped. And Jay fell into unconsciousness once again, never realizing he wasn't alone...
    "Feelings pass right through you, don't they? So cold and unforgiving in
    every choice you made in battle. Purest soldier... I need you to be strong.
    Strong enough to do what you've never done in your life. Can you be
    strong enough to allow yourself to be... Can you just be human?"

Skirmisher

Blog Posts

Re: Fedaykin Chronicles - Prologue (Mass Effect RP)

Requiem was left speechless as the Quarian power ranger told him to back away from the console, accusing him of wanting to bear more pain to Jay.

“I am not here to hurt him.” Requiem tried to calm the Quarian down.

Requiem saw the machine beginning to go through the final phase and saw that Jay was in a tremendous amount of pain.

“What have you done?” Requiem screamed, as he was trying to press several buttons in hopes of shutting it down. Realising that pushing buttons now became futile, he backed away from the console and unsheathed his katana, adopting an offensive stance.

“Get back!” Requiem warned the Quarian as he was about to smash the console.

“Ha!” Requiem shrieked as he performed multiple strikes on the console. As the power of the phase was now overpowering Jay’s body. Requiem’s suit VI started to boom on repeat.

“Machine's power level is over nine thousand!”

“What, nine thousand?” Requiem shrieked in disbelief as he was still trying to hack through the console, barely scratching it as the phase finished.

The machine then stopped, Requiem looked up at Jay to see the extent of the damage, his eyes grew wider.

“Jay, daijoubu?”

[Pronounced: Dy-sho-boo. Japanese for: “Are you ok?”]

Requiem climbed the stage and began to forcefully open the shackles with his hands, succeeding.

“Watch my back will you, power ranger?” Requiem asked the Quarian as he was undoing the shackles.

Requiem lifted Jay onto his back horizontally and leaped off the medical stage.

“I have a transport cruiser waiting for me at the base perimeter; I have a base of operations that can tend to Jay’s wounds.” Requiem assured the Quarian as he was making his way out of the room.

"We have not got much time left, if we stay here any longer we will end up having to deal with heavy mechs." Requiem anxiously stated as he was making his way out the room.

"And my, has Jay gained a few pounds." Requiem remarked as he was carrying Jay on his back.

- - - Updated - - -

'Final stage commencing'. The words ate at Mia' heart. As Jay started screaming and thrashing around, Mia panicked. "No, I... I shut it down! This shouldn't be happening!"

What had she done? She stared at Jay in shock, in horror. She couldn't move. Her legs felt frozen to the ground.

The stranger took out his katana and told Mia to get back. Mia wasn't moving so he had to give her a push to the side, knowing she was stunned and appalled with herself.

The machine completed its cycle and stopped. Mia's heart felt as if it had been shattered. Years ago Mia swore to herself she would never let anyone endure the kind of pain and suffering she did as a child, and now here she was standing in front of this man knowing that not only did she 'not' prevent his suffering... she caused it.

The stranger told Mia to watch his back as he tore through the trapped man's shackles as if they were paper. She didn't even care that the stranger went so far as to call her a 'power ranger,' as in the old human television show.

Mia tried to snap out of it, but she couldn't. "This is my fault..." She whispered as she held back tears and stared at this poor man she had just cursed.

Six men walked in and Mia immediately turned to them, her body once again glowing blue. Normally she liked to 'play' with her prey a bit before attacking, but she was in no mood at this point. She raised her hands towards them as the guards took a step back. Unable to hold back the tears any longer, they slid down her cheeks as she realized her biotic throw, tossing the men aside like rag dolls.

Once they were all down for the count, Mia turned back to the stranger and listened, as he spoke of a transport cruiser, Mia was furious with herself. She came here to get information, and she was going to end up leaving with nothing except more guilt, shame, and hatred towards herself.

"Fine." Was all Mia could conjur up as she followed the stranger out of the room.

As they walked, the stranger made a joke, which actually made Mia give a small smirk, but the way he worded his sentence, she realized the stranger knew this other human and it must have been some time ago.

This stranger came to save someone he obviously cared for, and Mia had only come to get information for her revenge... She realized she was no better than the selfish Quarian fleet she'd left years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Requiem was now outside the base with the Quarian fairly close behind him, heading towards the transport cruiser.

“Not much longer to go, the transport is dead ahead.” He said to the Quarian. His voice rose as he was trying to overcome the sounds of lightning and rain.

Requiem began to pick up the pace as the transport cruiser was now pretty close.

“We are almost there, Quarian, Jay.” They were thirty yards away from the cruiser’s entrance.

As Requiem was running, a sound could be heard in the distance, similar to the roars of thunder but higher in pitch. Blood could be seen spraying outwards on impact. Requiem was shot in the lower right leg by a sniper.

“Kuso!”
    [Pronounced: Koo-so. Japanese for “Sh*t!”]

Requiem went down quickly, kneeling on his right leg but still had Jay on his back.

“There is…no way I am going… to fail this…now!” Requiem grunted in pain but with determination and got back up, limping heavily with a distinct pound on the floor with each step.

“I…am…so close!” He started telling himself.

Another sound almost the same as the last could be heard in the distance. Shortly causing a spark in the space very close to Requiem’s left leg, just missing.

“Damn Snipers.” Requiem was getting anxious finally reaching the transport cruiser, heaving Jay on board before turning around, and facing the Quarian.

“Come on!” As Requiem shrieked this, another distinct sound could be heard in the distance. Blood could be seen spraying outwards from the top left of his chest.

“Gah!” Requiem screamed in pain as he was propelled backwards into the side of the transport cruiser, eventually falling to his side after failing to stabilise himself. He hit hard on the floor hitting a button on his visor that opened it revealing his face.

Requiem’s eyes grew wide with several thoughts going through his mind.

‘Was this the end?’

‘Was he never going to tell him that?’

‘Was he ever going to find out the power ranger’s name that helped him?’

Sharp pains drew Requiem’s mind away from these thoughts as he began to clutch the wound. Wincing in pain.

Skirmisher

Livestreams
    View Channel: gamexsolid

"ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!" Loved it!!! Bring me more!!!!!!!!!
    BLACKGUARD

We will never quit. We will never stop. We will never give up!
    My Game is Well... Solid.
    Train as you would fight. All soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership. I will provide that leadership.

Blog Posts

Does the community want more? I've only posted a small fraction of the first chapter...
    If people want me to keep it coming let me know.

Eagle out.

Skirmisher

Cool story bro

Thread Information