Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Xbox One: Good Or Bad

They updated the graphics, processor, and ram. If you care only about the games then you should be satisfied. Depending on the Graphic Card the xbox can potentially be better than a lot high end gaming computers.

NVIDIA didn't get enough money from either Sony or Microsoft so both companies went elsewhere to get their GPU's.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Lots of new info just came out about the Xbox One.

Check the Twitter feed on the home page.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    I doubt I'll get this at launch. There's nothing interesting enough to pique my interest. I remember back in the day when video game consoles played video games, those were the days.

The reason it's called the "Xbox One" is because it's supposed to be the "All-In-One Experience". I'm not a fan of Swiss Army knives, they're loaded down with so much crap, it doesn't feel like a real knife anymore.

When the animation is so good that deaf people can read the lips of a computer generated person, then I'll become sufficiently interested.

Also, just because the game looks almost real, doesn't mean it's a great game. They should stop working on improving their graphics and start working on their storytelling and gameplay. Storytelling + Gameplay + Realistic Graphics = Great Game. Realistic Graphics - Storytelling - Gameplay = Mediocre game at best.

Oh and I'm a Playstation gamer at heart, so yeah.
    They game us quite a bit more RAM, and a much better processor. Honestly what else can be done from the console manufacturer's perspective? The rest of the evolution of gaming is in the hands of the game developers themselves (including, I might add, "animation is so good that deaf people can read the lips").

I know quite a few people that chose the PS3 over the 360 because the 360 didn't have Bluray, and they didn't want to have both a Bluray and an Xbox cluttering up their entertainment center (these weren't "hardcore" gamers, for the record). With the One, Microsoft is trying to take this idea of an entertainment hub even further. With their reveal they weren't trying to target gamers like us, they were trying to target the general public to get all the little teenagers and all the mid-30's (tech-savvy) adults wanting the Xbox over the PS4.

E3 will be when both Microsoft and Sony make their appeals to us, the gamers. Honestly I'm already excited for the One's 8 new upcoming franchises that they announced yesterday would be released in the next year.

Copying and Pasting my two posts from the other topic (sorry if some of feels out of place):

"I'm fine with the Xbox One (Love the name)

And who cares about backwards compatibility anyways? I hardly used it on my 360 except for Halo 2, but quickly moved on to the newer games. And if you want to play your 360 games, then just play them on your 360. It's not rocket surgery people.

The system sounds like Steam, your game is tied to your account and can't be played anywhere else without your account.

I don't have an issue with used games as well since I always buy my games new, so I won't even notice that aspect.

I don't fully understand the rage. MS has a ton of info to get out in a 1 hour time frame. I see why they didn't go as in depth as they were supposed to, since E3 is right around the corner. I think a ton of people are blowing every detail out of proportion.

Not understanding why some of the complaints are saying that the Xbox One is no longer a game console, but an entertainment console when the past 2 years alone were spent on making the Xbox 360 an entertainment hub. Why does this come as a huge surprise?

And why not?

Our phones in the past 5-10 years turned from being plugged into our walls to being wireless, to being on the go, to having text messaging, apps, games, etc. It's the evolution of technology. (Spoiler alert, its turning into a computer/cellphone: *GASP*)"

I'll most likely be getting the Xbox One first and a PS4 down the road like I did with the PS3, but we'll see how E3 goes. The only console I think I will never get is anything Nintendo makes. I'm so stoked for E3 though! I'm hoping to see something Uncharted related for the Playstation because Uncharted 2 was the sole reason why I bought a PS3, that game was damn beautiful.

And I'm hoping for Half-Life 3 to be announced. I mean, come on: 2013, E3, June 13th. The 3's point to it happening!
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Too much focus on TV and shit. +1 on Metkil.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

I created Hill 30

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Just give me the option to "customize" my entertainment experience. Let me get all the clutter off my console that I, as a gamer-oriented console buyer, won't use on my Xbox.

And that DVR feature? Dunno where you heard it, but I hope it is true. We should have had a built in capture card long ago. I hope that is a fleshed out feature with all the bells and whistles.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    And that DVR feature? Dunno where you heard it, but I hope it is true. We should have had a built in capture card long ago. I hope that is a fleshed out feature with all the bells and whistles.
    It's true, it was shown at the conference. Not sure if they went into much detail about it though.
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Planet Destroyer

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    No poll on this? Lol.

I liked it. I was originally worried that the PS4 might look more appealing than the Nextbox, but I'm happy enough with what they've said to buy it off launch.
    the ps4 is suppossed to have better graphics but the xo(xboxone) may out way that with its useful features.

i could not add a poll it wont let me sad to say.

Thread Information