Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: I don't think excessive spawn killing should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Eh, urias we talked about this, for the most part LR has just been getting unlucky... And I know that's not a satisfying answer, but it is what it is...
    And that's supposed to calm me when less than half my squad (casual Halo Players, mind you) don't show up for Battle Nights anymore because they are tired of being "punished" for not being top tier players?
    "You cannot judge me; I am Justice itself!
    We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent!
    But if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother!"

"Also, is English your first language? I want to be sure we're communication clearly here."

"I want to be sure we're communication clearly here."

"we're communication clearly here."

- Jam Cliché

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

There comes a point in a competitive game, casual or not where people have to gracefully or at least respectfully accept their losses. Whether its by a little or a land slide. Take it with dignity and persevere into better games.

On the other hand it isn't fair if a team is unfairly matched against players who are much, much better. Perhaps more caution could be used when setting up games. Could it be a possibility to set up matches previous to battle nights and then edit them if people don't show up?

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UEG Urias View Post
    And that's supposed to calm me when less than half my squad (casual Halo Players, mind you) don't show up for Battle Nights anymore because they are tired of being "punished" for not being top tier players?
    I feel you, Urias. A lot of REDWATCH is casual or was in the past. One day I hope we go large enough so that we can keep the casual players fighting each other and the more competitive players play each other. But right now, we just have to play the cards we're dealt.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

As far as I know, there are no professional teams in FC, not even close to that. Just people who play a certain playlist WAY too much (wink wink).As for teams being "punished", it was my diction that made it seem worse than what I actually meant. It is more of a matter of a team being rewarded for their efforts regarding map control, rather than the other being "punished".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Vexillum View Post

On the other hand it isn't fair if a team is unfairly matched against players who are much, much better. Perhaps more caution could be used when setting up games. Could it be a possibility to set up matches previous to battle nights and then edit them if people don't show up?
    First of all, no one really knows what squads will show up on battle nights. Some people can't get on every weekend, rotations change. As for setting up matches previous to battle nights, or editing them, who is going to edit them. Your idea of a good squad probably differs from mine. The best way to approach the rotation is to continue doing what we have been doing this war. Some teams might end up matching up against a better team, but overall, I have not been hearing anything about a rotation being tampered with to give a side the advantage.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

FC Janitor
    #RIPHarryTheChin
    #RIPClearSh0t
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie View Post
    First of all, no one really knows what squads will show up on battle nights.
    Not true, I've heard of people not getting on because they were a weaker squad and their "leaders" told them not to show.

And going to the higher skilled teams in FC. Most people here haven't been playing Halo competitively for their entire life and don't know how to escape the spawn kill. Nor do they care about map control, which are key factors in competitive gaming. Most are here to have FUN and not get stuck getting analed the entire 15 minutes. We are a casual community and getting "rewarded" by getting 10 million fucking kills off a weaker squad and diminishing their fun is just no excuse. I think it should be limited any way possible.
    U.S. Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    The Janitor God has no birthday. The Janitor God is forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie View Post
    As far as I know, there are no professional teams in FC, not even close to that. Just people who play a certain playlist WAY too much (wink wink).As for teams being "punished", it was my diction that made it seem worse than what I actually meant. It is more of a matter of a team being rewarded for their efforts regarding map control, rather than the other being "punished".

- - - Updated - - -

First of all, no one really knows what squads will show up on battle nights. Some people can't get on every weekend, rotations change. As for setting up matches previous to battle nights, or editing them, who is going to edit them. Your idea of a good squad probably differs from mine. The best way to approach the rotation is to continue doing what we have been doing this war. Some teams might end up matching up against a better team, but overall, I have not been hearing anything about a rotation being tampered with to give a side the advantage.
    The problem with the rotation now is exactly why I supported just letting FMs work it out together. We have certain units playing you, VbD, and now Velocity, an extreme amount of times more than other units, at least in BLUE. It's not so simple for REDD because we just don't have the consistently OP teams like that. Less forced rotation means we can fix "unlucky" into something more fair.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

I don't know about you but I think it is wrong of a squad leader to tell his members not to get on on a battle night for fear of loosing (your not even guaranteed of being matched up against a top squad). That leader should be spoken to.

As for the rotation, we can talk about it all you want, and I have stated my thoughts on it multiple times. I am actually a bit tired of talking about it. Do what you want, at the end of the day, I'll play whoever I am matched up against.

Cheers.

No. Just...no.

I understand your frustration. I really do. But in no way do I support punishing a squad for having good map control and controlling a team's spawn. It takes some skill to get map control and I am 110 percent against stopping a squad from playing a certain way just because they're too good. Once again, I totally get your frustration. Playing against squads that surpasses your squad's skill level x10 sucks balls. But I'm not about to support neutering tactics.

As far as rotation are concerns, it's a complicated issue. While I would love to get "tiers" going to help balance things out and make it more fun for everyone, we won't really have the numbers to make that totally possible. If we were to do something like that right now, you'd have the same squads facing off against eachother and it'll get boring for those squads.

RvBR/FC Veteran. 7 years

Solution is to not have a match that last 15, so higher skilled teams can finish it fast instead of stating for 15 min.
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

FC Janitor
    #RIPHarryTheChin
    #RIPClearSh0t
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    Solution is to not have a match that last 15, so higher skilled teams can finish it fast instead of stating for 15 min.
    I kinda agree. Maybe we could have a lobby vote for limited score or limited time...
    U.S. Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    The Janitor God has no birthday. The Janitor God is forever.

Thread Information