Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: I don't think excessive spawn killing should be allowed.

We could start rating squads but that may hurt some feelings.

Any ways isnt fc a war sim and last time i checked wars dont last untill the timer goes off , it ends when the team has completed their objective. This isnt sports people its WAR !
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

FC Janitor
    #RIPHarryTheChin
    #RIPClearSh0t
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THExSPIDERMAN View Post
    We could start rating squads but that may hurt some feelings.

That and there isn't enough squads for a rating system to work effectively. Cause you'll end up having a 2 squad facing a 6 squad at some point.
    U.S. Navy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    The Janitor God has no birthday. The Janitor God is forever.

Violent by Design

Use a Hardlight Shield, Regen, Sprint, Holograms, Team Shots, etc to get out of spawn traps. I actually love playing against the best BLUE squads and scrimming VbD as it lets us, as a squad, figure out what we need to work on, and what our weaknesses are. There are plenty of ways to get out of spawn traps, and perhaps that's something that you as a team need to work on. It's not impossible for a squad to get better, even if it's composed of more casual players. Purposefully not showing up on battlenight because you don't want to improve and see what you need to work on isn't going to change anything. Sure FC is founded on Fun and a community based war sim, but that doesn't mean players that understand how the map and spawns work should be punished for having that knowledge.

Last war REDWATCH improved a shitload, and that wasn't just from new recruits. When I was in Victor, REDWATCH as a whole practiced and persevered through exactly what you described, and then went on to beat some of BLUEs best players during the Capital battle and in a few 4v4s (Last second flag run shoutout ;P).

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie View Post
    I don't know about you but I think it is wrong of a squad leader to tell his members not to get on on a battle night for fear of loosing (your not even guaranteed of being matched up against a top squad). That leader should be spoken to.
    THIS. I was horrified when I read leaders were telling members not to show up because they'll lose. It's honestly quite sad to know that that's happened

Also, I agree with pretty much everything Carp has said. His text is also pretty.

Also how could it be regulated?

"Guys, you're starting to kill us before we get a chance to pull back and effectively ruining our chances of winning. Could you possibly stop shooting us for just a second to let us get a better position to kill you?"

Quote Originally Posted by THExSPIDERMAN View Post
    Also how could it be regulated?

"Guys, you're starting to kill us before we get a chance to pull back and effectively ruining our chances of winning. Could you possibly stop shooting us for just a second to let us get a better position to kill you?"
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Coda View Post
    THIS. I was horrified when I read leaders were telling members not to show up because they'll lose. It's honestly quite sad to know that that's happened
    For the record, I've never heard of that happening in BLUE. Maybe I missed the memo, though.

You are right and wrong. Should we be punished for being paired with a team that is way better than us? (VBD) I mean honestly, every time I play Vs. them I lose all faith in winning.
    ~WRP

It's not the fact that I'm losing. It's the fact that if you are playing with people who are good at spawn killing you will be miserable for 15 minutes.

Then again that brings in the psychological part of this, it decreases morale. With morale depleted, their combat effectiveness is depleted. So maybe it should be allowed. I don't know but I don't like it.
    ~WRP

Thread Information