Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Blog Posts

Re: I don't think excessive spawn killing should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    This community is becoming a BTB MLG group rather then that fun Sunday night fights
    While most of you will disagree with this...I stand behind it. I joined FC in March and even then the community/battles weren't like they seem to be today.. While I love this community and everything we do, I just don't seem to get the same joy out of fighting that I got when I joined. Maybe I'm just being a bitch about it, whatever. There's nothing anyone can do about the issue and that's fine, it's part of the game. Just saying it gets a little ridiculous after a continuous while.

I feel like all of this has come out wrong.
    "Pollen is bee semen, right?" -PolychromeVirus, 2016

"Your forefathers wisely set aside their compassion. Steeled themselves for what needed to be done.
    I see now why they left you behind. You were weak, and gods must be strong." -Prophet of Truth

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamidj

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. Remember what this community is about.

Yes, the community is about fun, and we always strive to ensure each member is enjoying their time with us in FC. However, our goal is to help players improve. Whether or not it be, skill, communication, team-building, ect;

While no one likes to lose, we must remember that all the while we're learning what makes us better, and should always still be enjoying ourselves as well.

To learn to be the best, sometimes you have to fight the best.
    ۰۪۫J۰۰۪۫a۰۰۪۫m۰۰۪۫i ۰۰۪۫e۰۰۪۫D۰۰۪۫ J۰Purple Army Elite Trooper
    What We Do In Life, Echos in Eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof Blastoise View Post
    What is with people being mad about getting spawn killed lately? It is actually easy to get out of one. And the fact that we have skilled squads will actually improve the skill of other players. Just because we have skilled players does not mean we should punish them for a game they are good at and enjoy to play.
    This x10. I am 1000 percent against anything that punishes good squads for being good or neutering tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Vexillum View Post
    As bad as it is, that got me thinking of a way to help those in dismay. Why not tiers? Like lightweight and heavy weight, and separate the battles that way?
    Naw. We don't have enough members to make tiers truly work.

Quote Originally Posted by Toast78901 View Post
    However, we, as a community, are faced with a bit of a problem here. Those who seem to agree with me keep stating "get better, this just makes practice more important" etc. What I don't think they get is, People Don't Want To. People already devote a lot of time to this community, and the squads that are on the lower tiers are here to just have fun. Have them drill Halo all day err day? Not their idea of a good time. Telling them to just lolgetbetter isn't exatly a solution if they just want to play casually.
    Exactly. We do have different kinds of players in this community.

But the thing is, if other squads don't put in the work to get better, then they would have to expect to lose to more competitive squads that do put in the work. It's just how it is. If you really, really don't like losing to these squads, then get better. If you don't want to put in the work to get better, don't get all pissy if you get demolished by squads that do.

RvBR/FC Veteran. 7 years

If anything we could invoke a mercy rule in which the losing team is losing by a certain amount of points, one of the losing members is allowed to switch to the enemy team and forfeit. Other than this there is really no way to control this.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

I have no problems in losing. Alot of my losses have been rather close games when its a rather even group facing each other. But wh you have a "so-so" group facing one of the hardest groups 4 times on one weekend, 3 times the previous week and many other times before that, you shouldn't be shocked in any way to see people upset by it.

And telling people to "Suck it Up" doesn't help either. "To be the best, you must face the best". Not exactly true either, but it is close to being correct.

Seeing many people playing better then you actually brings more people down than up. Most people will look at it as "I'll never be as good as them, so why try?" or constant complaints about how a not so skilled person is forced to face the best every single day. They wont improve of that. You improve by facing people who are barely above you, not who are 10x your skill.

I have no problems with losing. I actually enjoying losing sometimes compared to winning (I always try to win, never think for a second that I intentionally lose).

I tend to laugh and have more fun when a game is decided by a point or so, but when I face people who are beyond my skill, all I want to do is quit because I know I can not beat them. Most of the best players here in FC play Halo all the time. I personally hate Halo 4, possibly 2nd worst Halo game in my opinion (Halo 3 as the worst, inb4flamewar), so I can't stand playing halo for longer than an hour or so before I'll start not caring anymore. Im not gonna try to force myself to get better at a game that I don't like. Is it my fault that im not improving? Yes, will not deny it. But its not like im the only person that ses the game and that issue in the same way.

I don't like where this community is really heading (im not gonna stop it because change is good to have), but im not gonna quit and leave because of this. This is a great community and I love it here and plan to be here for a long period of time (even if im not fighting in the wars), but I do have to agree with the vets 2 years ago when they said "This community is changing and we don't like it" (we as in the vets at the time).

I enjoy my play style. And im not gonna change it because im not as good as the rest.

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Animus 4 Ever
    SpcX
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamidj

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk570 View Post
    If anything we could invoke a mercy rule in which the losing team is losing by a certain amount of points, one of the losing members is allowed to switch to the enemy team and forfeit. Other than this there is really no way to control this.
    This?
    ۰۪۫J۰۰۪۫a۰۰۪۫m۰۰۪۫i ۰۰۪۫e۰۰۪۫D۰۰۪۫ J۰Purple Army Elite Trooper
    What We Do In Life, Echos in Eternity.

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Mercy rule would be the best solution to this. It would have to be at least 7 minutes in, and at the discretion of the squad leader.

Stil, I would personally lose a lot of respect to anyone in blue that does this, if that means anything to them. You should always play hard and give it your best until the end of regulation. That's the competitive spirit. And yes, this community was built upon the foundation of competition. It's about one army beating the other. No matter how its structured,, how respectful, and how organized this community is, That's still competition.
    Last edited by Yehsus; 05-29-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Violent by Design
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Yay, make Sparta and Legacy with their 5% win percentage on VbD play them every time instead.

Tiers don't work, it ruins incentive and just sacred cows some squads while throwing others in the fire.

Fact is everyone has to play these incredibly OP squads one way or another. Squads practice so they can get better, develop as a team, and in the end win more. Raptor and Urias are in LR, which if you look at the statbook, have played VbD and loveable velocity 4 times last Sunday. The flaw in our rotation has been seen with them.

While it is in everyone's best interest to make that change, there is a very large difference between Sparta/Legacy and VbD/Velocity. Very large. BLUE's two best units are homegrown teams, whereas Velocity is made up of a bunch of people who top halotracker and are in a btb.net team and half of VbD used to be a gamebattles team, while the rest may as well be in the same boat. Comparing LR playing VbD to Redwatch playing Sparta is not a fair or accurate comparison. Raptor is mostly bringing this up just because his team has been getting the short end of the stick playing those two "god squads", and quite frankly it wears on all of us.

But we can't escape having BLUE units play those superior teams. Can't remove it altogether. At first it was just everyone having to play VbD once a battle night, but with Velocity, now everyone has to play half the top 10 people on halotracker once per battle night. And it wears on everyone, but it's ultimately something we have to accept.
    We made up the Gamebattles team while in VbD together. If you don't know the facts, then don't make up stuff. Also when I was in BLUE you and Sicariano wanted me to make a powerful squad with MLG players. And you also made a Gamebattles team . And just because a squad is good just means the other people should get better, or just deal with it. There is no reason for people to complain about a squad being powerful. Is FC not based on trying to have your army win a war? Sure, we all want to have fun and I do every night. If someone gets sore about loosing then why do they play video games? This whole argument on this thread makes no sense at all.

"i wouldn't have known about the 0 spread DMR if it wasnt for CnB training" ~ Blayze
    "nothing like butt sex with a lip of dip" ~ Blayze

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.....

This is absurd spawn camping happens and it sucks but theres no way to fix that you can't punish a team for being better and there's no way to fix what squads play what squads at the moment if you don't like losing work with your squad to build better tactics and over all team play and make the best of each game... ya getting slayed sucks and it does run you down but thats no reason to stop playing. I personally don't care I'm not the best halo player but if i lose a game i'll just play another and another till i will and playing people who are better than you helps your skills grow if you only play people worse than you or have people who are better than you take it easy on you you'll never learn or improve. I don't know about anyone else but win or lose i'm just here to play with people who want some fun competitive play and to play with people who share a love for the halo games

Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire
    "literally you are just like the lasky to master chief. after encountering me and joing bellator you worked your way to the top. now look. your a commander and i now call YOU sir. just like the story line." -- JOHN 117 POMC

so you may get pooped on sometimes during battle nights..at least youre making friends and can play with them outside of battle nights. 6 days of fun trumps 2 hours on a sunday of (sometimes) not doing well. and as you play with your squad outside of FC you'll get better together without even really trying to. it's just natural. thats how I feel, anyway.

Thread Information