Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Violent by Design
    Blog Posts

Halo 4: New Weapon Patch

So this morning I go on halo to find the new patch was released. So after a few games all I can say is WOW. This update makes this game much, much better! The battle rifle as a 4 shot in this update makes the game better for skilled players. It does not glitch like the 4 shot mod that was created. The assault rifle also had a buff but the BR tends to beat it.

The other reason why I enjoy this update is the movement speed increase. It makes the game flow much smoother. With the battle rifle killing so fat and you being able to move faster, it had more of a halo 2 feel to it. I did not find too many people using the DMR so the BR will now be the dominant weapon of choice. I can see the DMR being good of BTB maps, but the BR will be dominant up close and mid range.

Tell me what you guys think. Do you think that these upgrades will be good for halo? Also, tell me your view on how the game play will change. Discuss.

"i wouldn't have known about the 0 spread DMR if it wasnt for CnB training" ~ Blayze
    "nothing like butt sex with a lip of dip" ~ Blayze

Blog Posts

Re: Halo 4: New Weapon Patch

I outgunned someone with a dismounted turret who was using a BR at mid-range. I lol'd, I like the buffs to all the weapons, although the SAW is a little too OP now. Also, took me a few rounds to get used to the BR, but it definitely feels like a real gun now that can stand its own.

Although its a little too OP close range with the beatdown combo now that it does more damage, so it outshines the AR a little too much
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Violent by Design
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    I outgunned someone with a dismounted turret who was using a BR at mid-range. I lol'd, I like the buffs to all the weapons, although the SAW is a little too OP now. Also, took me a few rounds to get used to the BR, but it definitely feels like a real gun now that can stand its own.

Although its a little too OP close range with the beatdown combo now that it does more damage, so it outshines the AR a little too much
    The SAW could be destroyed by an AR so I say that was a good idea. I think the BR should be a dominant weapon, but the AR can still win with its new buff.

"i wouldn't have known about the 0 spread DMR if it wasnt for CnB training" ~ Blayze
    "nothing like butt sex with a lip of dip" ~ Blayze

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Personally I like the update, they slightly buffed the carbine and made it more accurate and that got me excited.

As for the light rifle thank God! I actually feel as if it's a decent weapon now. The range is amazing and the new fire rate makes ir even better.

I haven't noticed any DMR changes but the BR is beast now. I can definitely see myself using that one a lot more often.

Blog Posts

Great update, loving every part of it.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

I'm going to have to get used to weapons again.

Sounds like a good update though.

I haven't been using the BR before the update, was mostly using DMR. Now, as I try out the new BR, I feel like i'm playing H2/H3 again. Although I still haven't been able to get a grip on the BR yet, it'll come eventually.

In terms of the other weapons:
    Assault Rifle is great
    Carbine's pretty good
    Light Rifle is awesome
    Storm Rifle idk haven't used it
    Suppressor is like the storm rifle
    SAW is beast
    DMR doesn't seem to have been changed aside from i think a slightly lower range
    and the Warthog and Mantis have a damage increase, haven't used any so i can't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by UberDick View Post
    I'm going to have to get used to weapons again.
    Ikr, I played a few matches last nite and it felt like i was playing halo for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Not to be a picky asshole

Blog Posts

I haven't played after the new tunings came out. I'm gonna have to get on that right quick so I can get used to the weapons.
    "Pollen is bee semen, right?" -PolychromeVirus, 2016

"Your forefathers wisely set aside their compassion. Steeled themselves for what needed to be done.
    I see now why they left you behind. You were weak, and gods must be strong." -Prophet of Truth

The Light Rifle is now good enough to consider using.

REDWATCH VETERAN

Thread Information