Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: PRISM and the Verizon Scandal

Jeezus H. Christ.
    Why even talk of revolution when your vote holds just as much power?
    People do have power to make changes. If a politician does some dumb shit, vote in someone else who won't do dumb shit, or vote in someone who will change the dumb shit.
    A simple threat to a politician's career can produce major changes in their policies and ideals they support.

WHOOOOOROOOO OOORHHOOOO
    Redd and Blue vet

Look, Rie, im not attacking you, but this country was founded on a set of ideals, one of which being that we will not until our dieing breath let the government do what ever it wishes. I don't care if you accept it but if you want to be like them then take it to britain where they accept what the government does. But our founding fathers left a country and started an entire war over that attitude, so why don't we show some respect for what they and our troops fight and die for.

As for the intelligence in this descussion, yes the governent crosses lines every single day, but we as a people have to stand up, weither it's simply voting them out of office, or starting a revolution. The time may not be now, but one day, we may have to start another revolution. I pray to god that we as a people will ditch the ignorance and stand up, but I am truly affraid that we will not. As someone said before, what are the opnions of how far is too far?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RetRdidMunkie View Post
    Jeezus H. Christ.
    Why even talk of revolution when your vote holds just as much power?
    People do have power to make changes. If a politician does some dumb shit, vote in someone else who won't do dumb shit, or vote in someone who will change the dumb shit.
    A simple threat to a politician's career can produce major changes in their policies and ideals they support.
    I completely agree, but we need someone whe will acknowledge the existance of corruption like this a that will be completely transparent in fixing it. Remember, what a politician says they believe and says they will do doesn't mean thats what they believe or will do.

Cortana: So you have a plan to get out?
    Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.

"If they came to hear me beg, they'll be disappointed."

Quote Originally Posted by JIMI HENRIX View Post
    Look, Rie, im not attacking you, but this country was founded on a set of ideals, one of which being that we will not until our dieing breath let the government do what ever it wishes. I don't care if you accept it but if you want to be like them then take it to britain where they accept what the government does. But our founding fathers left a country and started an entire war over that attitude, so why don't we show some respect for what they and our troops fight and die for.

As for the intelligence in this descussion, yes the governent crosses lines every single day, but we as a people have to stand up, weither it's simply voting them out of office, or starting a revolution. The time may not be now, but one day, we may have to start another revolution. I pray to god that we as a people will ditch the ignorance and stand up, but I am truly affraid that we will not. As someone said before, what are the opnions of how far is too far?

- - - Updated - - -

I completely agree, but we need someone whe will acknowledge the existance of corruption like this a that will be completely transparent in fixing it. Remember, what a politician says they believe and says they will do doesn't mean thats what they believe or will do.
    Not to mention many people in this most recent election voted for Romney because they did not like Obama or for Obama because they did not like Romney. We should not be forced to vote for a lesser of two evils or because I dislike the other candidate. And it is entirely absurd that it is happening. People should have a candidate they can be behind 100% and have faith in them. Instead we are given hand picked candidates for us that are basically puppets.

First thank you for being civil with this comment. I understand the constitution and our rights. My attitude as you stated does not reflect this country as a whole. No matter what the choices made there will be people who will agree and dissagree people who fight and people who do not. There are people who fight to protect our rights and people who do not contribute at all. America is all about free choice. Free speech. I dont feel like they are monitoring us personally. I feel as if they are monitoring looking for specific things. People who try to harm our people. I don't think my opinion and attitude isnt goung to do any harm.
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

Quote Originally Posted by xXReiBearXx View Post
    First thank you for being civil with this comment. I understand the constitution and our rights. My attitude as you stated does not reflect this country as a whole. No matter what the choices made there will be people who will agree and dissagree people who fight and people who do not. There are people who fight to protect our rights and people who do not contribute at all. America is all about free choice. Free speech. I dont feel like they are monitoring us personally. I feel as if they are monitoring looking for specific things. People who try to harm our people. I don't think my opinion and attitude isnt goung to do any harm.
    You are very welcome, I understand where you are comming from and with your most recent clearification, yes they could be doing just that. However i do not believe our government is creddible enough to have that kind of power and use it justly.

You are very welcome, I understand where you are comming from and with your most recent clearification, yes they could be doing just that. However i do not believe our government is creddible enough to have that kind of power and use it justly.
    I think if they communicated with us better then maybe people would be more comfortable. Ok monitor the web if you want but at least be honest about the details. Let us know why and what.
    "No More Miss Nice Bear Time To Bring Out My Claws"

After all, the internet is technacally the governments creation and is now public. Furthermore, everything public is as discribed, "public". Just like walking down the street, or in a shopping center, you are subject to being tapped on security cameras and we trust that the owners of those cameras are not abusing the power of having them. However those videos are privite. Or people videoing out in public, they can not make the fottage public. Now, they are not entitaled to your data, and do not have your concent to view it without having a warrent or other legal means. Now if it were a transparent program with public detals and being completely honest and were being used for the right reasons, it could be a good progam, however our current government has the reputation of abusing privlidges such as the access to this data. This is where the big problem comes in, we can't trust them when they treat this progam as a classified object, and with their history of abusing their power.

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Not surprised whatsoever. >.>
    I figured that they were doing this for decades

lol I just read all of your posts, no flaming k?

-Nick
    Last edited by Nicholas Sapien; 06-07-2013 at 03:44 PM.
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Related news:

US government invokes special privilege to stop scrutiny of data mining
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...-scrutiny-data

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    Related news:

US government invokes special privilege to stop scrutiny of data mining
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...-scrutiny-data
    Well that's just freakin' awesome...
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Thread Information