View Poll Results: What console are you (most likely) getting and when?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox One within first month of release

46 30.07%
  • Xbox One within first year of release

89 58.17%
  • Playstation 4 within first month of release

13 8.50%
  • Playstation 4 within first year of release

25 16.34%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One vs PS4

Re: Xbox One vs PS4

Agree with MedeDust. The Playstation 4 highlights things that are staples with the Xbox Live service as it is now. People may disagree but the Playstation 4 isn't reaching with their console. It is a conservative approach that wants to keep the status quo without really shaking things up. At least Microsoft is giving us something new with these TV features, streaming services, DVR and a more stable cloud. The Kinect seems like a useful feature now that its had its makeover. I know many people don't like Windows 8 but once they get it fixed (which they will) that type of integration with a console system is something that you can't ignore. The Xbox One will make the app market on Windows devices better and there might even a reason to buy one (Surface Pros are actually nice). SkyDrive is a real service which rivals Google docs and most likely will be the place where your recorded games, videos, music and more will be stored. I don't know what Playstation will role out but it definitely won't have the support Microsoft's cloud service does.

I wrote an article on my blog (shameless plug http://station1621.blogspot.com/2013...g-or-just.html) that highlights how Microsoft cannot lose this console war or at least that they need the Xbox One to succeed. The amount of money they will throw at this console will trump Sony just because it represents a market share that Apple and Google don't yet control. With the $100 price difference I can see how people are torn but the one area that Playstation use to control, exclusive games, doesn't seem to be an area of dominance any more.

Its a thing of preference for which one to buy but its objective to say there are more unique features and support on the Xbox One.

Let's do it again next year:

Whatever system the Division plays best on will be the one I play the most.

REDWATCH VETERAN

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

Honestly, the reason I wouldn't get an X1 is because I don't like all the superfluous crap they put on their dashboard. They beat one over the head with the tabs and advertisements. I loved the XMB so much. I hope the PS4 has an XMB that's just as modest as the PS3's, of course, I haven't been on a PS3 in a while so I don't know what it looks like. I'll get the X1, I just hope you can turn off the tabby things on the dashboard if you don't want them. Like the App one and... actually, I only know that Home is one of them. I never pay attention to the others.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

I found the sony conference was like "look at these third party games(meaning both consoles) and these beaten out series we have have" "Ohh hey your not allowed to know about the hardware yet but those microsoft jerks are doing new things that are diffrent! BOOO!"

Thats what it felt like was going on

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Main Processor
    Single Chip Custom Processor
    CPU: low power x86-64 "Jaguar", 8 cores
    GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ Graphics Core Next engine
    Memory
    GDDR5 8GB
    Hard Disk Drive
    Built-in
    Optical Drive (Read Only)
    BD 6xCAV
    DVD 8xCAV
    I/O
    Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0), AUX
    Communication
    Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
    IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
    Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)
    A/V Output
    HDMI
    Analog-AV out
    Digital Output (optical)

from gamestop's website for the PS4

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk570 View Post
    Main Processor
    Single Chip Custom Processor
    CPU: low power x86-64 "Jaguar", 8 cores
    GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ Graphics Core Next engine
    Memory
    GDDR5 8GB
    Hard Disk Drive
    Built-in
    Optical Drive (Read Only)
    BD 6xCAV
    DVD 8xCAV
    I/O
    Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0), AUX
    Communication
    Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
    IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
    Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)
    A/V Output
    HDMI
    Analog-AV out
    Digital Output (optical)

from gamestop's website for the PS4
    Im talking stuff like "move" because you know they are not letting that market go. I may have missed that stuff at some point i have been doing stuff today and haven't been following it that closely... they also haven't been going into what it can do with that... like specs dont mean crap on consoles because its not that hard to get a computer more powerful than that.. i guess hardware was wrong term.. im meaning... fuck i dont know how to word it
    . Microsofts reveal was all about the hardware and what its going to be capable of doing... reason how its helping me a person who wants to get stuff done and fast

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Xbox One on Licensing

With our modern architecture, Xbox One games will load more quickly, will be always accessible from the cloud, and there is no physical limit to the size or scope of the content provided.

Here are our platform policies and capabilities for game licensing – all of which will be made available when Xbox One launches later this year:

Buy the way you want—disc or digital—on the same day: You’ll be able to buy disc-based games at traditional retailers or online through Xbox Live, on day of release. Discs will continue to be a great way to install your games quickly.

Access your entire games library from any Xbox One—no discs required: After signing in and installing, you can play any of your games from any Xbox One because a digital copy of your game is stored on your console and in the cloud. So, for example, while you are logged in at your friend’s house, you can play your games.

Share access to your games with everyone inside your home: Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you.

Give your family access to your entire games library anytime, anywhere: Xbox One will enable new forms of access for families. Up to ten members of your family can log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One. Just like today, a family member can play your copy of Forza Motorsport at a friend’s house. Only now, they will see not just Forza, but all of your shared games. You can always play your games, and any one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.

Trade-in and resell your disc-based games: Today, some gamers choose to sell their old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.

Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can only be given once.

In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends. Loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners.

As we move into this new generation of games and entertainment, from time to time, Microsoft may change its policies, terms, products and services to reflect modifications and improvements to our services, feedback from customers and our business partners or changes in our business priorities and business models or for other reasons. We may also cease to offer certain services or products for similar reasons.

In the months ahead, we will continue to listen to your feedback as we meet with our partners in the ecosystem to bring additional detail about our policies.

We are excited about this new generation of games and entertainment and look forward to sharing more news with our fans.

This is how you do it on PS4

Xbox One and PS4 Comparison

More fun
    http://i.minus.com/ibiKJrTGJAo8Fg.gif
    Last edited by Blackhawk570; 06-11-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Microsoft goofed. Let's see if they change their ways.

I personally do not care about the DVR, Twitch, Netflix, or TV. Their is only a few Xbox Live exclusives that I'll miss out on.

Yeah.. Right now I'm going back to my roots. The PS4. Everything I hear, I see, I research... I love. For me. The PS4 is the console for me at this point.

Cheaper. A little more powerful. The online expiernece for ps4 will improve.

I just don't like the fact that its possible that I always have to be online to play a single player game. And the price and the kinect.

I hate the kinect and I don't want it.

PS4 for me as well. If not alone for how goddamn beautiful Destiny looked, but for the price. To me, Microsoft doesn't have much over the PS4, especially when I can get all of those streaming services on the computer/PS4.

Also, this, especially this:
    Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vader View Post
    I hate the kinect and I don't want it.
    (I'll eventually end up getting both though)
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Only thing I want on the Xbox One is Halo, Forza, and simply the network of friends I have on XBL. That last one is the kicker for me.

I'll most likely buy the PS4 first. I don't trust Microsoft's release model systems, I don't want another RROD. I'll then get an Xbox One the following summer most likely, though. The 360 will feed my Halo need fine until 5.

Project Spark looked kinda cool though too tbh xD. I may just get Christmas money in the winter and get whatever I don't get first...

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Thread Information