Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Improving Your Game: A Commentary

Hey guys, I'm not usually one for making YouTube videos but I thought I'd give it a try. Working in Spectre with some of the BLUE squads has made me see that many people make the same mistakes when they play. Many others don't seem to think they can improve because they think that getting better means improving their aim and reflexes. Now those things sure help, but I've made this video from the perspective of improving your mentality—something that anyone can do. Check it out and let me know what you think!

Thanks to Mythonian for capturing & uploading.

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Re: Improving Your Game Commentary

You totally torched Feedback.

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Hey cool video KazuhLLL, there isn't too many helpful videos out there so I'm sure this will aid a lot of people.

Poor Troy :/

I totally read this as "Improving Your Game-Commentary" instead of "Improving Your Game (a Commentary)". Lol.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Good commentary. Thank you for talking about the roles. I think its funny how people still think there should be set roles. It drives me nuts when someone who thinks there a 'slayer' won't do the objective when they are right next to it.

A couple points:

Try to sound a little more enthusiastic when talking, especially during your intro. But it sounds like you have a good grasp of speaking. No filler words! That shit drives me nuts. cough guzzie cough
    Forgot to talk about map positioning! That is probably one of the biggest things that separates average players from good players. You need to learn to position yourself to help out your teammates and to be able to put shots on as many people as possible.
    Small talk is also important. I'd say its more important than calling out.

Just some stuff to think about if you continue these.

And I'm sure I've said this a million times but people do not seem to understand this: The only way to get better at halo or anything for that matter is to play people that are better than you often. It will improve your skill so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    I totally read this as "Improving Your Game-Commentary" instead of "Improving Your Game (a Commentary)". Lol.
    I thought that too, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by THExSPIDERMAN View Post
    Such is life.

Reach Tage

Quote Originally Posted by HighLight View Post
    cough guzzie cough
    Hater :p
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    Changed the title lol.

Try to sound a little more enthusiastic when talking, especially during your intro. But it sounds like you have a good grasp of speaking. No filler words! That shit drives me nuts. cough guzzie cough
    I've gotten that same critique in my public speaking class lol. I'm awful at (purposely) putting emotion into my speaking. Also you have no idea of the ungodly amount of "Ums" and "Aaaands" and "Likes" that I had to edit out of that track. The ones that were left were easily less than a third of what I started with. Bad habit, I know.

Forgot to talk about map positioning! That is probably one of the biggest things that separates average players from good players. You need to learn to position yourself to help out your teammates and to be able to put shots on as many people as possible.
    I really wanted to make it between 10-15 minutes starting with the most basic things I could think of. Map positioning would definitely be the next logical topic but I'd already gone past the 15 minute mark so I decided not to add another 3-5 minutes to it. I sort of very lightly touched on it when I was talking about blocking escape routes and "expanding your team's total lines of sight on the map".

The importance of small talk is only really seen (IMO) when you're on a team that already has a good grasp on all the things I covered + map positioning knowledge. When actually trying to learn those things I feel like it's more of a hindrance and a distraction than a help.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback! Glad you guys liked it

Violent by Design

Definitely agree. Calling out where you're spawning, when you're with a player, where you're heading with power weapons etc, can all help paint the mental image for your teammates of where everyone is/is going.

Re: Improving Your Game: A Commentary

My X is an important call it to vbd ,thats how win and role are important cuz you want the player with the best shot getting that sniper
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

Thread Information