Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

A small and BIG change

Hello everyone,

I noticed that some members approve and disapprove on how we run things here at Forerunner Conflict. The main controversy that is going around is the use of Forged maps.

Our very own Mythonian is head of constructing these maps, and I believe that someone should be helping him with these maps.

But.. getting back to the point. Before the Battle tonight, Myself, Mythonian and Andimion agreed on changing the day on when the attacks will be posted. We now will post the attacks no later then

Monday 11:59 PM.

We hope this will help prepare any forge changes.

NOW. Whatever your opinion is on this matter, it is always up for discussion, but keep in mind that we are trying new things, and when people are not willing to help, then the maps will have flaws if not given enough time to be play tested, this is why we are making this change.
    Last edited by Maxdoggy; 02-21-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Re: A small and BIG change

Having only one person being able to edit the maps before a battle is BULLSHIT, and im glad that it is being remedied.

And this one sided shit can NEVER happen again. Tonights boneyard or "bonesite" (whatever the fuck it was) map was the most one sided, unenjoyable, pieces of garbage that I have had the displeasure of playing in the time that I have been in FC. For every gametype, one side would always have some sort of advantage over the other.
    For example, in territory's Red would have one of the territory's spawn INSIDE their base, and two others right outside. And in every other gametype, blue always had that damn warthog that could easily be used to wreck havoc on Red Team spawns. Apparently, someone thought it would be a GREAT idea to give red a ghost and pro pipe to "balance out" blue having a warthog. Here are some reasons why that didn't work out so well.

1. The ghost was outside of red base. Red had to sprint or evade for it and usually by the time they got there blues were raining down fire on them. Blues hog spawned RIGHT NEXT TO THEIR SPAWN and was completely protected from any kind of damage.

2. Grenade launcher...really? Yes it may be good at temporarily stopping an enemy vehicle, but not completely destroying it. Even if you could emp it, the gunner would almost always finish you off before you could board or throw grenades at it.

To the WC and Forge Community: Some maps do not NEED to be forged and should have everything default except the objectives and the occasional spawn. I seriously would have taken default boneyard over this disgrace any day.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    I love the kid I really do. But damn I've never seen anyone start more shit then him

Blog Posts

Recon, he edited it an hour before the Map cause it was more unbalanced before, give him a break. Its an asymetrical map, its hard to make balanced.

I agree with Recanz.

And about the forging, it definitely needs to finished several days before the battle so that it can be tested SEVERAL times. Like last week, I was told that the REDD spawns on Spire were fixed. But when I got into the game, my squad and I were spawned into a killzone with not enough time to run out of it. Therefore, we died. The game had to be stopped so we could correct it. EVERYTHING needs to be corrected before Sundays from now on so that any problems that occur later will be minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Recon, he edited it an hour before the Map cause it was more unbalanced before, give him a break. Its an asymetrical map, its hard to make balanced.
    Thats the problem right there. One hour before the battle, which gives nobody the chance to study the map and practice for it. The default version of boneyard works well enough in matchmaking (its not like bungie didnt have months to playtest this thing compared to our 2 days). All that we would need to do is edit the objective spawns for our FC gametypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    I love the kid I really do. But damn I've never seen anyone start more shit then him

Blog Posts

I strongly agree with Recanz. Tonight was a disaster, at least for REDD. It could have been stopped however if REDD was active in the forge community. Which we aren't, we thought that oh hey Myth can handle, it when honestly trying to forge and balance one map by himself, with maybe a few others won't get the job done. We as REDD of course blame Myth, because he is BLUE that he did what he did on purpose. I say cut him a break. Not only is he Field Marshall of BLUE, but he is also the one fixing the maps. Certain one don't need to be touched, while other can and should be. Spire was beautiful, with the CTF I played on I got to see both spawns and both were pretty well balanced.

The more and more I think about this, the more and more I understand why we lost. BLUE has been preparing this entire week. We have been recruiting and doing what we should have done long before this war started. So we had fresh blood that has never played in an FC battle night before.

REDD is going to lag behind until I can sit down and say that we are completely organized and battle ready. Which we aren't, and most likely won't be. Slowly though we will get to where we need to be in order to win this war.

We did however lose a major asset tonight Sanctuary. It was our forward base and allowed us to attack pretty much anywhere in BLUE's backfield. We needed it and we lost it.

It's more my fault then anyones we lost Sanctuary. I had a game plan that would pretty much guarantee us a win on Hill 30, but the Hill was expanded without me knowing it was. So my plan was kicked to the side, and we couldn't do shit. I should have checked and made sure that the map was the same....

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

The problem obviously isn't with the maps being forged. Its that they aren't tested correctly.

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

Neutral DI Overseer
    AimBot Andi
    DragonBorn
    Disturbed

I for one, as the new Field Marshal, am officially throwing myself into the line of fire. Im taking full time into the forge department as of tonight to help Myth with building, and testing ANY map to be used in the war. Im going to be suggesting something that will better the forge community. But ill take that up with Myth.

For now, I formally apologize to all Red soldiers.. I feel your pain.. I to, though never played.. Feel I was robbed tonight. I also had to listen to everyone.. I heard everyone's opinions and listened to their bitching.. My ears are still literally ringing from all the raised voices. To all squad leaders or anyone that has new recruits that had to bare witness to he events from this evening, would you kindly send my humblest apologies to those new members. Explain that the events from this evening were a one time thing and will NOT be happening again.. I feel incredibly guilty for most of them having to be introduced to FC in this manner..

~ Field Marshal Andimion

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

I've been saying almost every week that if anyone has any suggestions, comments, or statements about any of the maps that would help to forge them in a better way to message me about them. No one has done so.
    I'm glad you guys are finally wanting to get involved.

As Deadite said, the problem is not that there is only a single person forging. The problem is that there isn't enough testing going on. There aren't enough people online to do the testing, and so when we have 8v8 maps, we can't find enough people, and these problems never come up when we only are doing a 6v6 on the map.

That is why we are moving it to Monday. I'll be done forging by Tuesday and then we can start testing. The more you guys are active, the better.

I'm going to be using the army gamertags for now on to get people in there, so make sure that you are on one of the gamertags:

Send a friend request to the one you should be on!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: if you want to help with forging, send me a message and I'll get your input. If you ever want to preview a map or see how it is going along, just ask for an invite or something.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Everyone is complaining about the Warthog, but in my experience, my team was pretty good at destroying it. Maybe the problem with Bonefield is that it's too easy to trap people in their spawns. I know it was pretty bad for BLUE before the actual battles, so maybe just knowing that gave us the push we needed to turn the tide. We'd already agreed that basically the first team to get ahead would win, or at least make things very difficult for the enemy. I think it's very possible that BLUE was just quick to the punch yesterday.

Thread Information