Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Why FC is Not Fun

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    From what I understand, Anarchy left that match to set things up for the HC Tiebreaker. I think he said he told one of our extras to go play in his place, but that guy never joined. And then the other 3 left because they didn't have a 4th. And by the time it could've got back to us that that happened, all of BLUE HC was starting up the Tiebreaker, so I imagine that nobody was paying much attention to the many Skype chats. :P
    This would be a legitimate excuse if the HC battle had indeed taken place right away. It took about 30 mins after they announced their forfeit for the HC battle to start (maybe even more). BLUE could have easily played a 15 min game.
    Not only that, but he is not the only member of BlUE HC who could have set the HC battle up. There are three others who could have done it, including the Blue FM.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Violent by Design
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    I was getting an extra for the team so I could start up the HC match. That's not poor leadership or w/e.

That team dispersed after to my unknowing.

Just as you hate waiting, they hated playing gamebattles level teams. My answer to both in this instance is: It happens.

So because you think we are good players we should wait an hour and just not play? Logic man, logic.

"i wouldn't have known about the 0 spread DMR if it wasnt for CnB training" ~ Blayze
    "nothing like butt sex with a lip of dip" ~ Blayze

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie View Post
    This would be a legitimate excuse if the HC battle had indeed taken place right away. It took about 30 mins after they announced their forfeit for the HC battle to start (maybe even more). BLUE could have easily played a 15 min game.
    Not only that, but he is not the only member of BlUE HC who could have set the HC battle up. There are three others who could have done it, including the Blue FM.
    It took so long to start because the REDD HC was no ready.

And yes someone else could have set it up, but they would have still had to wait for me.

So because you think we are good players we should wait an hour and just not play? Logic man, logic.
    No, but we can't force those who don't want to get their asses kicked by you to stay for an exhibition match.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

And yes someone else could have set it up, but they would have still had to wait for me.

No, but we can't force those who don't want to get their asses kicked by you to stay for an exhibition match.
    Dude, your team was ready, you left, and then it wasn't ready. This isn't about a "gamebattles" level team" and people not wanting to play us. You were/are clearly the leader of your squad, you left the party, leadership fell apart and BLUE suffered a forfeit (regardless of it being an exhibition match or not).

---update---

It seems every time VbD says something, you bring up GameBattles. We don't play GameBattles nor any competitive league for that matter. All we do is play matchmaking, just like you and many others here. Drop it.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie View Post
    Dude, your team was ready, you left, and then it wasn't ready. This isn't about a "gamebattles" level team" and people not wanting to play us. You were/are clearly the leader of your squad, you left the party, leadership fell apart and BLUE suffered a forfeit (regardless of it being an exhibition match or not).
    As much as it sucks that you guys had to wait an hour for nothing, it is not Anarchy's (or anyone else's) fault. If you look, essentially the rotation was:

G20 RW Victor vs Legacy 1
    G21 VbD vs Nemesis 2
    G27 REDD HC vs BLUE HC

Presumably, Landfall G27 should've been set up as soon as G21 was set up. With Anarchy basically slotted twice in a row for games, he did what anyone else in BLUE or REDD HC would've done and he found someone to sub in for him. It's easy with hindsight to say that Anarchy should have just played since there was enough time between the two games, but there's literally no possible way he or anyone else could've known that the HC Battle was going to be delayed as much as it was.

As far as the sub not showing up, by the time it was brought to our attention, Landfall was already guaranteed a REDD win. Like Anarchy said, we can't (or at least won't) force anyone to play an exhibition game if they don't want to. Is that fair to you, given you had already waited an hour? No, it's not. But it would've have been just as unfair to (attempt to) force anyone to play a game that didn't matter, and that was basically a guaranteed loss.

It was just a shitty situation with no win-win ending. It happens. But for what it's worth I'm sorry it had to happen to you.

Violent by Design
    Blog Posts

So you are saying all teams should have the ability to forfeit because of skill level? Lets all just forfeit if we think we will lose. Every game we will assume one squad is better than the other and make them forfeit. Because according to you, that is the best possible solution.
    Last edited by Prof Blastoise; 07-08-2013 at 12:51 AM.

"i wouldn't have known about the 0 spread DMR if it wasnt for CnB training" ~ Blayze
    "nothing like butt sex with a lip of dip" ~ Blayze

Quote Originally Posted by Prof Blastoise View Post
    I would like to start out by saying good battle night FC. Unfortunately, this is going to be a little rant about why FC is no longer a fun activity, but a chore for me. VbD and I were scheduled for the last match on landfall. We waited for an hour expecting to play the final game. With the lack of BLUE members we had to play several people twice if not more. The amount of time REDD needs to wait for a game is just downright outrageous.

Now back to the main point, VbD waiting an hour to play the game. Blue had lost the second to last match and decided to quit playing, leaving VbD waiting for absolutely nothing. We don't play so we can win a map, we play to FUCKING PLAY. You should not give up a match if you have the players ready to play. even if you are missing one, you can find a replacement. It irritates VbD and myself to see people just not playing because they think they will loose. This is unacceptable, no one should wait an hour in anticipation to play a game, then be told the other team refuses to play you.

I mean this in all respect, but something needs to change. Please consider maybe squad transfers to balance the number of people, or make a rule that you can't forfeit if you have the players to play.

Discuss
    Lose*

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inm3sights View Post
    Lose*
    lol
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Violent by Design

Quote Originally Posted by inm3sights View Post
    Lose*
    Fantastic contribution

So wait times are always an issue. When I had an Xbox I did help a few weeks. More people setting up games=Less wait time if your team is ready.

Myth & I did discuss an idea that would change how the wars and battles feel. (Its up to him now to say something in the WC if not already)

But that's what needs to be done if not already. More people setting up games *waves at HC*

Thread Information