Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Convince me

Convince me

You all know that I have been all about the PS4 Lately, but I want to probably get the Xbox One, ONE day as well because of all of you here at FC, and if Halo peaks my interest again. Those are the only real reasons that I would get an Xbox. FC, XBL Friends, and Halo. Nothing else really matters, but maybe all of you can convince me or shed some light on some things that I may over-look.

Here is my current "beef" if you will with the Xbox and Microsoft.

1. It Ships with the Kinect. Most of you may already have one. We all know now how much I don't enjoy it. I also am not a fan on how it is Forced upon someone who wants the console. I have to keep it plugged in if I don't use it? Why? What is the reason to keep it plugged in? Does the Kinect have a power source to the Xbox Console itself. Most of you are going to accept the kinect though, so tell me why I should.
    2. DRM has been reversed after only a week. Though many people on the net were happy, I did some research and saw what this could of been if they kept it. But, my problem now is how quickly they changed this policy. Why not stay true to their word? Seems a little shady too me.
    3. So many un-answered questions that I can't find or am too stupid too see with this whole "Cloud Computing"
    4. Value in the XBL. When Compared too the PSN. It does seem you get more out of becoming an PS+ Subscriber with new games every month to download. For example, last month Battlefield 3 was free.

So yes, that is my current beef. I am also skeptical on how little they discuss the so called "highlights" of their console. I just wish Microsoft would talk more about them, so I can justify getting one, one day. So much I don't know about this console yet.

The Beast Within
    The Original Space Cat
    Blog Posts

Re: Convince me

What about the other games that will come out besides Halo? We will have exclusives on both sides of our new console war, and each will kick out some amazing games. It would be a first world shame to limit yourself to only a fraction of them if you (sort of) want the other console, and have the money to afford it.

Now with Low Level Radiation!

Violent by Design

because me

Quote Originally Posted by Choca Cola View Post
    What about the other games that will come out besides Halo? We will have exclusives on both sides of our new console war, and each will kick out some amazing games. It would be a first world shame to limit yourself to only a fraction of them if you (sort of) want the other console, and have the money to afford it.
    also, the thing about PS+ is if you don't have it anymore, the free games you get go with it. the xbox free games with gold system, if you run out of gold, you keep the games. get the xbox one because I will get it. best reason ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Choca Cola View Post
    the other exclusives on Xbox do not really perk my interest other than Halo. Titanfall is only a timed exclusive, and will be coming to PS4 eventually. RYSE, and Sunset overdrive do not really get me excited either. Halo is Xbox's only thing for me still in terms of video games that keep me somewhat interested in the next Xbox. If it wasn't for Halo, I would of been PC gaming or on the PS years ago. Amazing what one game can do for a console, even if the series is starting to feel dry. (like COD)

Sources:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-tech-analysis
    http://www.examiner.com/article/resp...ll-ps4-release
    http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/06...o-the-ps4-also

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xxXENOPIRATExx View Post
    also, the thing about PS+ is if you don't have it anymore, the free games you get go with it. the xbox free games with gold system, if you run out of gold, you keep the games. get the xbox one because I will get it. best reason ever.
    now why on earth would I stop paying for the PS+ ? lol This doesn't concern me unless I was dirt poor. In that case, why the hell would I be getting a console?

everything you need to know about xbox one: http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gam...rumours-937167
    everything you need to know about PS4: http://www.techradar.com/us/news/gam...eatures-937822
    after you read those, then we will try to convince you.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vader View Post
    1. It Ships with the Kinect. Most of you may already have one. We all know now how much I don't enjoy it. I also am not a fan on how it is Forced upon someone who wants the console. I have to keep it plugged in if I don't use it? Why? What is the reason to keep it plugged in? Does the Kinect have a power source to the Xbox Console itself. Most of you are going to accept the kinect though, so tell me why I should.
    2. DRM has been reversed after only a week. Though many people on the net were happy, I did some research and saw what this could of been if they kept it. But, my problem now is how quickly they changed this policy. Why not stay true to their word? Seems a little shady too me.
    3. So many un-answered questions that I can't find or am too stupid too see with this whole "Cloud Computing"
    4. Value in the XBL. When Compared too the PSN. It does seem you get more out of becoming an PS+ Subscriber with new games every month to download. For example, last month Battlefield 3 was free.
    The Kinect thing is probably the only thing that is meh right now. Kinect will be implemented in more games and it enhance games a little bit depending on how they use the kinect. For Mass Effect 3 so far it was the best use of the kinect I have seen where you are able to control you squad mates with voice commands instead of pressing the Right Back Button which pauses the games and you select the skills manually. This speeds up gameplay and is an easier way to controlling your squadmates. What I don't want to see is the kinect replacing the controller which won't happen.

Microsoft had to basically reverse the DRM policy because of the bad marketing of their system. This is probably the only way to save their product because of the bad PR marketing by Microsoft. Microsoft won't try to screw you over and implement DRM after a couple of months after the console if you mean this by being sketchy. Microsoft would be done as a company if they did this basically going back on the their word, and just saying things to make you buy a product.

The Cloud computing thing is kind of still up in the air. Either way though the PS4 does not have anything like this so automatically Xbox One wins with this and if you want a better console for gaming the Xbox One beats the PS4 with this.

Xbox One gold membership gives you permanent free games while ps4 gives u a bunch for only a month at a time. Also it looks like there were 1-2 good titles with the games they are giving for the PS4 and the rest are indie games. Either way this shouldn't persuade your interest just consider this a bonus because these are games you should already have for your console and probably won't play.

Everything is clear about the ps4 and xbox one except the cloud computing thing with the X1. We need like an official response for cloud computing but don't expect this until like September probably. It could be out not possibly just that I didn't look into it.

The exclusives is what you should be looking at as of now. The PS4 has only a couple of good games going for them while X1 has about double that. The PS4 may have more exclusives with their indie games, but quality of quantity unless you want games like COD every year (fuck you cod).

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk570 View Post
    The Kinect thing is probably the only thing that is meh right now. Kinect will be implemented in more games and it enhance games a little bit depending on how they use the kinect. For Mass Effect 3 so far it was the best use of the kinect I have seen where you are able to control you squad mates with voice commands instead of pressing the Right Back Button which pauses the games and you select the skills manually. This speeds up gameplay and is an easier way to controlling your squadmates. What I don't want to see is the kinect replacing the controller which won't happen.

Microsoft had to basically reverse the DRM policy because of the bad marketing of their system. This is probably the only way to save their product because of the bad PR marketing by Microsoft. Microsoft won't try to screw you over and implement DRM after a couple of months after the console if you mean this by being sketchy. Microsoft would be done as a company if they did this basically going back on the their word, and just saying things to make you buy a product.

The Cloud computing thing is kind of still up in the air. Either way though the PS4 does not have anything like this so automatically Xbox One wins with this and if you want a better console for gaming the Xbox One beats the PS4 with this.

Xbox One gold membership gives you permanent free games while ps4 gives u a bunch for only a month at a time. Also it looks like there were 1-2 good titles with the games they are giving for the PS4 and the rest are indie games. Either way this shouldn't persuade your interest just consider this a bonus because these are games you should already have for your console and probably won't play.

Everything is clear about the ps4 and xbox one except the cloud computing thing with the X1. We need like an official response for cloud computing but don't expect this until like September probably. It could be out not possibly just that I didn't look into it.

The exclusives is what you should be looking at as of now. The PS4 has only a couple of good games going for them while X1 has about double that. The PS4 may have more exclusives with their indie games, but quality of quantity unless you want games like COD every year (fuck you cod).
    this is by far the best argument I've ever seen for the X1.

Neutral DI Overseer
    AimBot Andi
    DragonBorn
    Disturbed

It had me at Halo........

- - - Updated - - -

I'll also take this moment to say... I hate the connect and the huge possibility of privacy invasion it represents... So as to remedy the issue, I'll be blindfolding myself and printing out a large image of a big veiny dick and placing it in front of my connect. So if any privacy invading cunts seek to watch me and my GF bang, they only get the sounds and ill let the image do the rest of the talking.

Or when I'm playing Halo of course.. Nothing but dick for them to see.

Quote Originally Posted by xxXENOPIRATExx;1379 28
    this is by far the best argument I've ever seen for the X1.
    Not for me... lol A lot of stuff I knew, and Blackhawk, you keep those games if you have a PS+ You do not cycle through them every-month. Here is a complete list of free games you can get on the Playstation if your a PS+ member. Also, Xbox will be stopping the free games later this year, not sure if you will get anymore AAA titles for free from them after November hits.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/playsta...og/9154890398/
    Last edited by RaZ Vader; 07-09-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Thread Information