Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Planet Destroyer

Post Xbox One: Good Or Bad

i wanted to see how many in fc like and dislike the new xbox console.
    i personally like the new xbox but what do you think?

features that i am most interested in so far are:
    dvr feature: lets you record and save gameplay on almost any game.
    snap feature: allows you to open two windows at once.
    skype: allows multiple video chats at once(i dont use skype much myself but it seems pretty cool).

i also heard during the reveal video that the new kinect sensor has more joint enabling more realistic animation.

Re: Xbox One: Good Or Bad

There was defiantly some bad to come out of this but not enough for me to not buy one around launch.

REDWATCH VETERAN

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

No poll on this? Lol.

I liked it. I was originally worried that the PS4 might look more appealing than the Nextbox, but I'm happy enough with what they've said to buy it off launch.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

I was very impressed with the reveal of Xbox One. I really love how the name wasn't one of the rumored names that was going around XD lol

I will be buying this... hopefully on launch

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Reclaimer of the Mantle Graycochea's Avatar

I doubt I'll get this at launch. There's nothing interesting enough to pique my interest. I remember back in the day when video game consoles played video games, those were the days.

The reason it's called the "Xbox One" is because it's supposed to be the "All-In-One Experience". I'm not a fan of Swiss Army knives, they're loaded down with so much crap, it doesn't feel like a real knife anymore.

When the animation is so good that deaf people can read the lips of a computer generated person, then I'll become sufficiently interested.

Also, just because the game looks almost real, doesn't mean it's a great game. They should stop working on improving their graphics and start working on their storytelling and gameplay. Storytelling + Gameplay + Realistic Graphics = Great Game. Realistic Graphics - Storytelling - Gameplay = Mediocre game at best.

Oh and I'm a Playstation gamer at heart, so yeah.
    Last edited by Graycochea; 05-22-2013 at 06:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Well, guess I'll refer Gray then.
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    Gray for FM
    "Full circle. A new terror born in death,
    a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend."

I love how everyone (exaggerated) in the gaming world thinks that they will be getting the PS4 just because of this Reveal and lack of games. It was a Reveal, not the "this is everything we have" show that will be E3.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Waiting till E3

There really isn't anything bad about the new console so far. I really liked what Microsoft did which was basically sticking to their roots while improving everything they can. They haven't release the graphics card yet for microsoft but if it is a ATI card it will be in the same league as the PS4. If it is a nvidia card then possible the xbox will be better than the PS4. The new xbox is gonna allow for a lot more multitasking with all these different features and they should have put more than 8 gigs of ram into it tbh, but 8 gigs will probably do well enough. The controller looks like it now has a built in battery like the PS3 Controllers so no more batteries (usb charge). I love the fantasy feature and I can't wait to see how xbox integrates tv more. Also browsing the internet while doing other stuff just sounds right.

I watched the presentation and the only thing I could think of is "but I do this all on my PC anyways."

Ignoring games, since we have to wait until E3 for that, I am unimpressed with what I have seen. I personally don't care for all this TV integration, and related topics. I buy a game console for one reason. To play games. I honestly don't have much more of an opinion until I see what we got at E3.
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Metkil5685 View Post
    I watched the presentation and the only thing I could think of is "but I do this all on my PC anyways."

Ignoring games, since we have to wait until E3 for that, I am unimpressed with what I have seen. I personally don't care for all this TV integration, and related topics. I buy a game console for one reason. To play games. I honestly don't have much more of an opinion until I see what we got at E3.
    I'm with Metkil. I want it for games not social media, web browsing, and streaming. I will have to wait until E3 to see what happens. But I will probably be taking the money that would have went toward this and putting it toward building a PC instead.

Thread Information