Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nightshayde - Zeta made me do it!

So I saw a few people using a snazzy format for intros so i figured i'd do a really cool one too. I was referred by Zeta Crossfire.

Who Am I? (Halo and Clans)

My name is Noah and my gamertag is Nightshayde107. I also go by Ven or Venshayde. I started playing Halo halo when I was 10 years old but did not get xbox live until 2006, my sophomore year of High School. I joined a Halo clan based off of ODST's called the 305th ODST Battalion. I enlisted with a few good friends I still have today including Zeta Crossfire, UNSC Dragonfire, Fith Dawn, Sergeant Conley, Braindeadpunk, and a few others.
    Unfortunately the leadership of the 305th ODST split not long after I joined. The group of guys I followed became the 83rd ODST Battalion. The 83rd was part of the larger Clan of Anstice Brigade. We were a militaristic style clan that used USMC rankings (Spartans were Navy). Under Anstice Brigade was the 83rd ODST, the 101st ODST, and the elite Spartan IV-Razgriz Company. It was an awesome run and I'll never forget the friendships I made at my 7 years there.

• 305th ODST Battalion (Enlisted)
    • 83rd ODST Battalion (Helped Form)
    • Anstice Brigade (What the 83rd became)
      ---->105th ODST Battalion (Battalion XO)
      ---->Spartan III (Team 1 Leader)

In my time with this awesome community I worked my way up the ranks as a private to squad leader, platoon leader, and eventually Company XO of the entire 83rd ODST. The 83rd eventually had its name changed to the 105th. As the clan became more consolidated and inactive members rose, I was given the job of starting an "A-team" within the clan other than the Spartan IV's. This was the Spartan III team. However it never grew beyond one squad before most of it fell apart.

Where Did I Go? (Real Life)

2006-2009: I started my Halo career at this time and was in High School.

2009-2013: Around the time Halo Reach came out I was still active in my clan and a sophomore at the University of St. Thomas in Minneapolis. When Halo 4 came out I played less and less with my former clan mates and got together with them whenever I could but life took most of them other places. I recently Graduated with a Psychology degree.

2013-Now: I've since graduated from college with my bachelors degree in Psychology and am pursuing an Officer's Commission through the Marine Corps Officer program. I am trying fly either jets or helicopters and this fall I have a very good chance of being selected and contracted. If all goes well I will be going to Officers Candidate School for three months from October to the end of the year.

Hopes for FCwars?:

My friend Zeta pushed and pushed me to come here since he said it was so much fun participating in the FC Wars that I just had to come check it out. I've had the pleasure of playing with some of you already and I am impressed by your teamwork when everyone is playing seriously. Communication is excellent, jobs and objectives are very well executed. I feel like I fit right in when i'm given an random assignment.

I know I still have a lot to learn as far as how the wars work and which side to choose (Leaning Red by the way, someone try to convince me!)

I look forward tou playing with you and making some new friends!

Respectfully
    ~Nightshayde "Ven"
    Last edited by Nightshayde; 08-08-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Re: Nightshayde - Zeta made me do it!

Oops! You posted this in the "Saying Goodbye" forum. O.o

Also, WOW, a 305th original member and an Anstice Brigade member! You've come from a time long passed and very well missed, my friend.

I led the 305th under ODST Squid when he revived the clan for Halo 3. We weren't able to restore it to its glory, I am afraid, but it was one of the best years of Halo I had ever had. Welcome to FC!

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    Oops! You posted this in the "Saying Goodbye" forum. O.o

Also, WOW, a 305th original member and an Anstice Brigade member! You've come from a time long passed and very well missed, my friend.

I led the 305th under ODST Squid when he revived the clan for Halo 3. We weren't able to restore it to its glory, I am afraid, but it was one of the best years of Halo I had ever had. Welcome to FC!
    whoops, totally didnt mean to do that lol. can someone delete this one?

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Fixed, moved to Introductions. Welcome to FC, hope you enjoy it here =)

I created Hill 30

Thank you Spartan. I'm sure I will. Would it be easier if my username was the same as my Gamertag? It's just Nightshayde107.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshayde View Post
    Thank you Spartan. I'm sure I will. Would it be easier if my username was the same as my Gamertag? It's just Nightshayde107.
    It's not entirely necessary, but you can submit a name change request if you want to. I go with Jam Cliché, but my GT is The Jam Cliche. It's close enough to recognize me, and I am sure yours is close enough too.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Blog Posts

Wow, that's an impressive introduction Night! Glad to have you with us. (Also, yay more ODSTs! )Hope you enjoy your stay and if you need anything, feel free to ask.

Also, may I persuade you to go REDD? :P
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Wait jam you were in the 305th? Wow, I joined them 2-3 months before they fell apart then joined spartan 472 in the anstice brigade. In that group for 5+ years Good times. How is Kalamar doing anyway?

And yeah, Nightshade is joining Redwatch because I will be riding you even more if you don't.
    Last edited by Zeta Crossfire; 08-08-2013 at 12:43 AM.

REDWATCH VETERAN

ODSTs have a special place in my heart

GLAD TO HAVE YOU, NIGHTSHADE.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Crossfire View Post
    Wait jam you were in the 305th? Wow, I joined them 2-3 months before they fell apart then joined spartan 472 in the anstice brigade. In that group for 5+ years Good times. How is Kalamar doing anyway?

And yeah, Nightshade is joining Redwatch because I will be riding you even more if you don't.
    Halo 3 era 305th yes. I was second in charge. Shortly after absorbing Black Company, the absence of our leader caused a breakdown of command. Vitamin R formed DSB, and Dunbar reformed the 105th.

Thread Information