Considering Cortanas Humanity.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/...acter-cortana/

Edge just wrote up a very good piece on Cortana exploring her humanity, It's pretty fantastic you guys should check i out.

In Halo 4’s closing moments, Master Chief, in the grip of honest grief, apologises to Cortana, revealing the truth that it was her that he wanted to save over the world: “It was my job to take care of you.” Cortana replies, in a hoarse whisper: “We were supposed to take care of each other. And we did.” In this moment it becomes clear that Halo is a love story without romance. Using the last of her strength, Cortana projects a hard light version of herself into the scene, allowing genuine contact with Master Chief for the first time in order to say goodbye. And so the thing finally becomes a person.

REDWATCH VETERAN

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Re: Considering Cortanas Humanity.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Blog Posts

Re: Considering Cortanas Humanity.

Some fail to grasp the depths of emotion and "soul" within the Halo universe... The symbolic meanings between man and machine... Who is machine? Who is man? What Halsey did was give a machine life... A soul... And at the same time, took away the soul of a boy named John. Halo 4 revealed more about John through Cortana than any other previous Halo game. I just hope Halo 5 is like what Halo 2 was to Halo CE... We shall see.
    "Feelings pass right through you, don't they? So cold and unforgiving in
    every choice you made in battle. Purest soldier... I need you to be strong.
    Strong enough to do what you've never done in your life. Can you be
    strong enough to allow yourself to be... Can you just be human?"

Skirmisher

Thread Information