Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Re: The Official FC Podcast: Episode 16 (The Solocast)

The issue of using two brains to construct a "new" Cortana is that it ignores the actual process of making a smart A.I. They don't have the "memories" of their original. Many smart A.I. do not even know who their human donor was, because besides Halsey, the donor brain is from someone who is now dead.

The creation of a smart A.I. involves mapping the neural patterns of a brain by sending signals through it many, MANY times and imprinting those patterns onto a specialized core. So trying to scan two brains would literally not work. Every brain is too unique, and "memories" have nothing to do with the process.

And since you guys mentioned it, yes, Promethean Knights are the result of the Forerunners seeing the failure of the Composer to reconstruct biomass.

Also, rewards don't always mean money! You run a podcast for fuck's sakes. If people are sending you listener mail, it might be because they want to be heard on that podcast. Maybe you could "reward" people with a GUEST spot! =D
    Last edited by Jam Cliché; 08-22-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    The issue of using two brains to construct a "new" Cortana is that it ignores the actual process of making a smart A.I. They don't have the "memories" of their original. Many smart A.I. do not even know who their human donor was, because besides Halsey, the donor brain is from someone who is now dead.

The creation of a smart A.I. involves mapping the neural patterns of a brain by sending signals through it many, MANY times and imprinting those patterns onto a specialized core. So trying to scan two brains would literally not work. Every brain is too unique, and "memories" have nothing to do with the process.

And since you guys mentioned it, yes, Promethean Knights are the result of the Forerunners seeing the failure of the Composer to reconstruct biomass.

Also, rewards don't always mean money! You run a podcast for fuck's sakes. If people are sending you listener mail, it might be because they want to be heard on that podcast. Maybe you could "reward" people with a GUEST spot! =D
    Jam, don't try to be subtle. No, we don't want you on. Now get back to the kitchen and make me my sammich

"Toast was a pointless invention from the Dark Ages. Toast was an implement of torture that caused all those subjected to it to regurgitate in verbal form the sins and crimes of their past lives. Toast was a ritual item devoured by fetishists in the belief that it would enhance their kinetic and sexual powers. Toast cannot be explained by any rational means.
    Toast is me. I am Toast."

Livestreams
    View Channel: gamexsolid

#FreeTheBirdMan! #CagedAndConfused!
    BLACKGUARD

We will never quit. We will never stop. We will never give up!
    My Game is Well... Solid.
    Train as you would fight. All soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership. I will provide that leadership.

Thread Information