• Yes

33 52.38%
  • No

27 42.86%
  • Comment below.

3 4.76%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Blog Posts

Re: Interest in FC having a Battlefield 4 XBOX war sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinopera View Post
    I feel bad that so many people feel that Halo is dead. I don't get to get on all the time like how I used to so I have so much fun playing it. Besides that I Think it would be a little much to do both and if you did do this it would probably take over seeing as there are more people who play battlefield.
    To be honest Sinopera I don't see a great future in Halo anymore for this community based off the current track record of 343. Now if come Halo 5 and 343 learns from it's mistakes and complete blows our socks off then yeah recruitment and numbers at BN will go up again. However as a community we do have to adapt to survive. If that means bring in a whole other gaming arena then that is what we have to do. Plus it is also a chance to bring BF players who also play halo into our community. I have heard this suggestion before and not just for this game. Before the reveal of the new Battlefront I heard people saying they would love to do FC for battlefront if it ever came out, so the people are already in the community.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

I understand I know BF is a good game as well as a bunch of other games, I just feel bad that I'm the only one I know that enjoys Halo.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sinopera View Post
    I understand I know BF is a good game as well as a bunch of other games, I just feel bad that I'm the only one I know that enjoys Halo.
    I enjoy playing Halo too Sinopera I just don't have the want to play it as much as I use to. The only people on my friends list who play halo anymore are those in FC and they rarely play Halo as well. It is just not much fun to me to play halo by myself so I play other games that I have friends playing as well.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    Well there we go. If we get the current numbers that we are getting now 1 to 2 servers will be enough for a single battlenight so that is 50 battlenights right there we don't have to worry about. Oh also REDD calls dips on being the Americans.
    lol makes more sense if the reds were russians cause you know, they are commies?
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Like I said in the WC, I don't think Forerunner Conflict should be about anything but Halo. That is a fundamental core that we should not change.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Blog Posts

Halo 2 Anniversary... It's coming people.
    "Feelings pass right through you, don't they? So cold and unforgiving in
    every choice you made in battle. Purest soldier... I need you to be strong.
    Strong enough to do what you've never done in your life. Can you be
    strong enough to allow yourself to be... Can you just be human?"

Skirmisher

Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

While it'll be cool, there are a few things that needs to be said.
    1) It requires everyone to own the X1. The xbox 360 version WILL NOT have 32v32 multiplayer.
    2) It would take too much effort to juggle running the halo war and the bf war.
    3) There are a great number of people in this community that would rather havethe community die with Halo, than "adapt" to another game.
    4) FC is possible because of Halo. Forge is a reason why. Wars would be really repetitive and short without a forge mode to build maps.
    5) EA servers.
    6) No theatre mode. While there is a live spectator mode, there is no way to check past violations such as bagging.

There are a few reasons why not. Even though BF would be a better warsim experience (in game squads, spectator mode, commander mode, larger maps and warfare), it'll be harder to maintain and happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    While it'll be cool, there are a few things that needs to be said.
    1) It requires everyone to own the X1. The xbox 360 version WILL NOT have 32v32 multiplayer.

2) It would take too much effort to juggle running the halo war and the bf war.

3) There are a great number of people in this community that would rather havethe community die with Halo, than "adapt" to another game.
    4) FC is possible because of Halo. Forge is a reason why. Wars would be really repetitive and short without a forge mode to build maps.
    5) EA servers.
    6) No theatre mode. While there is a live spectator mode, there is no way to check past violations such as bagging.

There are a few reasons why not. Even though BF would be a better warsim experience (in game squads, spectator mode, commander mode, larger maps and warfare), it'll be harder to maintain and happen.
    1: Yeah it would. It would be a fresh start with a new console on a new game. The xbox one is not yet Backwards compatible so we'd try and get a jump on next gen.

2. Different people would be handling each war. Yes some people would leave Halo 4 for Battlefield 4 initially but the wars would be separate, run by a separate WC and HC, members would be ok with being able to go back and forth.

3. This is what I'm trying to over come.

4: Battlefield maps are arguable the most replay able multiplayer maps in FPS games. Yes only 10 maps off the start is low but with destructible environments and dynamic weather games rarely every play out the same.

5: are actually pretty good. Most of my friends who have EA BF3 servers have only had a few issues and that was near the start of BF3 servers. ALSO NO LAG SO YEAH!

6: The XBOX One is equipped with a game DVR so if a t-bag or something like that happens, bam. Built into the system. Also once we get more info on spectator mode perhaps that can help us out as well.

REDWATCH VETERAN

i'd support this idea, but i think it would have to organized seperately from the halo wars, which would be a lot of effort on the part of the people setting it up, especially considering the larger scale of the battles and that all of the people from here wouldn't all cross over. with a 32 v 32, we'd have like one game if every current active member crossed over.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    Like I said in the WC, I don't think Forerunner Conflict should be about anything but Halo. That is a fundamental core that we should not change.
    I could see an event, but not a whole War running parallel with Halo. We should be using our resources wisely.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Thread Information