Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A way to get numbers up for FC?

Recently, I thought of a method which might get a lot of recruits for FC. I have been recruiting for Osiris in one way, and it seems to work effectively. This method may be frowned upon by certain members, but here is the basic idea of it:
    • Go into Big Team Battle, and wait for the lobby to fill.
    • This should be indicated by 15 boxes with the message 'INCOMING'.
    • Back out before the game starts.
    • Rinse and repeat until your 'recent players' list is full.
    • Send a message to all of these players at once, explaing FC and how it works.
    • This can be repeated in any gametype, but Big Team Battle will allow members to send out more messages in a shorter amount of time.

If this event, maybe called 'recruitment day' happens on a particular day, on a weekly basis, we could have a lot of members coming in through the week.

Say, for example, we have 60 people on this day all following this procedure for recruitment. This is in the region of 55 messages per 10 minutes for each member. This comes to around 19800 messages being sent out every hour, or 59400 messages every 3 hours. The only thing to be decided is what day to run this event every week.

I would appreciate any advice, opinions or suggestions. Thanks!
    Last edited by Barry Soap; 10-13-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Re: A way to get numbers up for FC?

I'm personally not a fan of spam.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

I personally have never really liked the idea of spamming recent players with the idea of FC. I prefer our members to use a more personal and intimate approach. Join BTB lobbies with 4-6 people and then try to recruit the extra 2-4 people who are on your team if they have mics. It's all about getting to personally know the people rather than annoying the masses with messages they aren't intimate in any way.

I created Hill 30

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Quality > Quantity
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanbh View Post
    I personally have never really liked the idea of spamming recent players with the idea of FC. I prefer our members to use a more personal and intimate approach. Join BTB lobbies with 4-6 people and then try to recruit the extra 2-4 people who are on your team if they have mics. It's all about getting to personally know the people rather than annoying the masses with messages they aren't intimate in any way.
    Agreed. Besides, it's retention that we lack, not recruitment. The only thing worse than someone not interested in FC is someone who was interested once and then later not.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Good idea barry, I have been using that to recruit for a long time xD
    sometimes you get diamonds, sometimes you get assholes
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Sapien View Post
    Good idea barry, I have been using that to recruit for a long time xD
    sometimes you get diamonds, sometimes you get assholes
    This explains so much.

I think you're all missing one point. After you receive replies, you are the one in control. Nothing is stopping you from inviting the guy(s) to a game and chatting to him/them for a bit. Ultimately, the recruiter is in control, not the recruit.

Also, you don't have to be completely formal in your messages, you can have a 'friendly' approach, and make FC sound like a good place. A template for messages I tend to use is:

"Hey, would anyone be interested in joining a war simulated, lite-competitive Halo 4 community? Forerunner Conflict has 7 years of experience and has numerous events throughout the week. If you enjoy casual gaming or a challenge, this is your place."

I try to adapt the message to see what works.
    Last edited by Barry Soap; 10-13-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BarrySoap View Post
    I you're all missing one point. After you receive replies, you are the one in control. Nothing is stopping you from inviting the guy(s) to a game and chatting to him for a bit. Ultimately, the recruiter is in control, not the recruit.

Also, you don't have to be completely formal in your messages, you can have a 'friendly' approach, and make FC sound like a good place.
    Exactly, stfu jam
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

MY GRAMMAR SUX TODAI

Thread Information