Quantity > Quality
    Fixed it.
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

FC Podcast Co-Host
    Useless without Jam

Re: A way to get numbers up for FC?

While I agree that quality is better than quantity, Barry's method could work. Like he said, when people respond, THEN you can get to know them personally. I don't see how this is any different than making a post on say Halo Waypoint Forums. This simply allows for a large volume of people to know of FCs existence. Once they know, and if they decide it sounds like something that is at least interest-worthy, then the oddball can be placed in our spawn so to speak (yeah, I just went there. #PunnyAsFuck).

I would ensure that the message sent to all recruits denotes not to sign up on the site, but to message the recruiter back. By doing this, the recruiter can meet with potential recruits BEFORE they sign up, and even help them through the process. This will give us the ability to get personal with these guys and use our charms to really reel them in.

In short, as long as the message and post-message procedure is executed properly, this gives us the ability to have both Quality and Quantity. We can get the word out as much and efficiently as possible, while also giving us a chance to be personal, charming and even screen recruits to weed out any bad eggs before they even sign up. And having that post-message meet up with the recruiter and the recruit allows for the recruit to even be aided in the signing up process. I personally feel our site is incredibly accessible and simple, but my time as a DI showed me that even potentially valuable recruits can have site/sign-up issues.

I also agree that retention should be a primary focus, but not on the recruiters. This falls on the shoulders of the Officer Corps and the Drill Instruction Corps. The recruiter under this proposed system (with my post-message addendums) allows for us to make a good impression when they meet which can HELP with retention, but that is all it can really do. Help. It isn't the recruiter's job to fully shoulder the retention burden.

"Toast was a pointless invention from the Dark Ages. Toast was an implement of torture that caused all those subjected to it to regurgitate in verbal form the sins and crimes of their past lives. Toast was a ritual item devoured by fetishists in the belief that it would enhance their kinetic and sexual powers. Toast cannot be explained by any rational means.
    Toast is me. I am Toast."

Blog Posts

Id just like to say that I've been doing this method for 6 years now and its worked fine
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Or not play halo 4. -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by THExSPIDERMAN View Post
    Such is life.

Reach Tage

Thread Information