View Poll Results: Do Ordnance need an overhaul?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think Ordnance need a change

15 78.95%
  • Ordnance are fine as they are

4 21.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Violent by Design

Overhaul Ordnance

As it stands right now, the Ordnance that are in the settings aren't ideal for good gameplay. They shouldn't require you to sacrifice a Support Mod to re-roll your Pulse Grenades, Concussion Rifle and Gravity Hammer choice.

The ordnance as they stand currently are as follows:

Left Slot Middle Slot Right Slot
    Shotgun
    Energy Sword
    Gravity Hammer
    Scattershot
    SAW
    Sticky Detonator
    Railgun
    Needler
    Concussion Rifle
    Speed Boost
    Damage Boost
    Overshield
    Frag Grenades
    Plasma Grenades
    Pulse Grenades
    What I propose is a modification of these to remove overpowered weapons that are currently on a majority of maps as initial ordnance, and giving grenades their own slot. It doesn't make sense to have Grenades (which are a spawn item) and Speed/Damage Boost and Overshield in the same slot. This is what I propose:

Sticky Detonator
    SAW
    Scattershot
    Frag Grenades
    Plasma Grenades
    Pulse Grenades
    Needler
    Concussion Rifle
    Energy Sword
    Gravity Hammer
    Speed Boost
    Damage Boost
    Battle Rifle
    DMR
    Light Rifle
    A large number of maps that we play already have a shotgun, overshield and railgun as initial ordnance. It adds a random factor to the game when you add those weapons to ordnance, and gives absolutely no reward to players that are aware to what weapons are on the map, which power weapons their team controls, and which power weapons the enemy controls.

The Sticky Det, SAW and Scattershot are absolutely dominant weapons and should be watered down in probability with grenades.

The Middle Slot is dedicated to Short range weapons, and the Right has Speed Boost or Damage Boost as both are very useful in their own situation, along with a BR and DMR, both to lessen the probability of getting a Boost and to be used for ammo if necessary.

Along with this change, the amount of points required for Ordnance should be increased by 200%. Receiving an Ordnance from a flag capture that may potentially have a Speed Boost right after you just used a Speed Boost to capture said flag is ridiculous, and will give a team exponentially more of an advantage if that trend were to repeat over and over. You also shouldn't be able to acquire 4/5 ordnance drops in a single game, so implementing the Point Increase Multiplier would be of benefit.

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Re: Overhaul Ordnance

Watered down Ordnance in general is okay in my book.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Then comes the problem that some people are getting nades, and others are getting a SAW. As it stands now you at least get something similar to what the other person gets for each slot.

How about we just remove ordnances? Could be great to actually play as an arena shooter again...

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Remove the ordnances.

Violent by Design

Remove it? Yes. This isn't rando-McGee shooter 24. This is halo.
    #GoGreen

Actually there's been a lot of people supporting making our gamertypes more on the side of "Classic" in terms of set loadouts like Reach, with AAs spawning on map and such.

I'll start a poll in the forge department later tonight to gauge that.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Violent by Design

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Then comes the problem that some people are getting nades, and others are getting a SAW. As it stands now you at least get something similar to what the other person gets for each slot.
    Also goes for players receiving a Speed Boost in flag, whilst another continually gets frags and pulse grenades. I wouldn't be opposed to removing the SAW all together, it is ridiculously OP since the update and having it as a neutral map spawn would be much better.

How about we just remove ordnances? Could be great to actually play as an arena shooter again...
    I'm all for removing Ordnance, 100%, I think it was brought up in Rec2 and shot down almost immediately. Or just have Ordnance for BR, LR and DMR ammo if anything.

Even something like this would be much better imo:

Frag Grenades
    Plasma Grenades
    Pulse Grenades
    Needler
    Concussion Rifle
    Gravity Hammer
    Battle Rifle
    DMR
    Light Rifle

Violent by Design

Actually there's been a lot of people supporting making our gamertypes more on the side of "Classic" in terms of set loadouts like Reach, with AAs spawning on map and such.

I'll start a poll in the forge department later tonight to gauge that.
    I also remember the amount of backlash when pistols were default secondary pre-Boltshot patch. I'd absolutely love set loadouts, with AAs spawning on map with a respawn time of 2 minutes or 90 seconds, or even AAs in Ordnance. Having Jetpacks etc placed in strategic positions of the map will add a more balanced style of play. Hardlight shields spawning around Hill/Extraction points etc.

I'm not for set loadouts, but I am for either getting rid of ordinances or watering them down.

REDWATCH VETERAN

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Crossfire View Post
    I'm not for set loadouts, but I am for either getting rid of ordinances or watering them down.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Thread Information