Thread: UNSC Warfare

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Re: UNSC Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch100 View Post
    I will try and update this thread occasionally If you guys have any suggestions please, throw em up
    You can update it, but I'll be visiting your site every once and a while

ship to ship warfare
    Fleet vs Fleet warfare
    Ground warfare
    elements combining all 3 of the above to provide bonuses for each other
    I know its UNSC, but I wouldn't mind fighting other people, maybe I don't mind cause its different in our lore?
    I had an idea to combine all that with a 1st person shooter and people could have chosen sides like UNSC or Covenant. They could have chosen their path like ground or naval warfare and rank up their guys(ex. Soldier<Marine<ODST<Spart an IV<Spartan III< Spartan II)(for naval ex. frigate, destroyer, cruiser, carrier, etc build fleets) then they would have to fight and take over each other's planets til they capture the enemy capital, then the process repeats and the war is reset(before anyone else says "hey isn't that like what we do in FC?" it is, but I came up with the idea in middle school, so :p )
    I planned all that to be on 2 different discs, one for naval and one for ground

I like halo
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Sapien View Post
    You can update it, but I'll be visiting your site every once and a while

ship to ship warfare
    Fleet vs Fleet warfare
    Ground warfare
    elements combining all 3 of the above to provide bonuses for each other
    I know its UNSC, but I wouldn't mind fighting other people, maybe I don't mind cause its different in our lore?
    I had an idea to combine all that with a 1st person shooter and people could have chosen sides like UNSC or Covenant. They could have chosen their path like ground or naval warfare and rank up their guys(ex. Soldier<Marine<ODST<Spart an IV<Spartan III< Spartan II)(for naval ex. frigate, destroyer, cruiser, carrier, etc build fleets) then they would have to fight and take over each other's planets til they capture the enemy capital, then the process repeats and the war is reset(before anyone else says "hey isn't that like what we do in FC?" it is, but I came up with the idea in middle school, so :p )
    I planned all that to be on 2 different discs, one for naval and one for ground

I like halo
    I admire your passion for the game!

To begin with it's going to be ground based for us and when I set out I chose for the game to strictly (as much as possible) follow HALO's lore and stay within canon. We do have the ships to upgrade. A ship provides a player with 'X' amount of space for units and much more.
    Unit updgrades are available but are currently limited to equipment, not theoretical evolutions.

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

I admire your passion for the game!

To begin with it's going to be ground based for us and when I set out I chose for the game to strictly (as much as possible) follow HALO's lore and stay within canon. We do have the ships to upgrade. A ship provides a player with 'X' amount of space for units and much more.
    Unit updgrades are available but are currently limited to equipment, not theoretical evolutions.

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Sapien View Post
    I love this idea for your game, NOW DO IT MY WAY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD
    Fix't.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    Fix't.
    Aha - Thank you for finding the site by the way dude.

Blog Posts

I saw your post on Waypoint awhile ago, and I don't know 100% about the game, but I thought it would be interesting for a small customization for your units, similarly to how LOTR: BFME2 did. Eventually if the units survive long enough you can name them, give them their own emblems, etc. Maybe some small customization so you can get attached to them? I think it would be neat. Keep it up, I always love people outside of Microsoft who do HALO-related content.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Aha - Thank you for finding the site by the way dude.
    Dude I think it's kickass. Anyone who wants to be part of this franchise is okay in my book.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Dude I think it's kickass. Anyone who wants to be part of this franchise is okay in my book.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    I saw your post on Waypoint awhile ago, and I don't know 100% about the game, but I thought it would be interesting for a small customization for your units, similarly to how LOTR: BFME2 did. Eventually if the units survive long enough you can name them, give them their own emblems, etc. Maybe some small customization so you can get attached to them? I think it would be neat. Keep it up, I always love people outside of Microsoft who do HALO-related content.
    Sl

Due to the potential scope of the game, for now, small customisation is what it is - they will be named on generation currently, however we have considered allowing players to rename. Gives for more personalisation to players. And thanks!

Cheers dude

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

Finally had a chance to look into it. Sounds kickass

Thread Information