Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warmap Changes

Warmap Changes

Now before I say what I have to say please understand that I only want whats best for FC and all of my suggestions and idea's are for a more interactive and enjoyable FC experience.

Map and Gametype Changes,
    Now I know that each armys pick the maps before each war but I tjink it would be nice if each squad got to pick a map from the map pool and then High Command could choose the rest, this way at least each squad will have one map on there that they reall enjoy playing. Right now each map is set up for every gametype even though some maps just arent made for it (Haven CTF being fresh in our minds lol) Id like to see that each map have the gametypes that are best suited for it. Now I have a large list of possible new maps that could be added to the warmap but thats a different thread, but we need a freshness in the War that I havent seen. Now I know ive only been around for 2 wars but not much has changed at least not forvthe better. Dominion and Hill 30 was removed and replaced with Lockdown which I think to be a regress since Lockdown is more of a pure competitive gametype than the former and while I am a competitive player thats not why I joined FC, I joined to have fun.

Thats the root of the problem, having a fair war sim that is also fun is a very difficult thing to do especially since the competitive players tend to overpower the casual guys in the forums. To have a fun yet competitive War I think we need to have more variation in what can be played. Now please dont turn this into another gametype arguement but having a Pro Flag and Pro Slayer gametype avaliable as the choices to be played would help keep the game fun for those that enjoy that type of gametype. I dont think I will ever have more fun playing Halo than when I was playing BTB on Sandtrap in H3 simply because of the vehicular Chaos that was guaranteed to be ensured on that map haha but with H4's ability to spawn with Plasma Pistols and Plasma Grenades takes the fun out of it. Playing the game with armor abilitys makes it so much more fun for those that are actually trying to enjoy the game without ruining the game in general.

In choosing the maps for the war I think we need to stay away from remakes, playing on these really seems to bring up arguments because its being played differently than it was in the previous games (Use of AA's usually being the issue) also there are some really great community forged maps out there that im sure all of you would enjoy. So if we have to have remakes on the Warmap then lets let them be Re-imaginings of those maps so it feels the same yet different enough to be new and interesting. I'd like to also see some new gametypes added for certian maps, Conversion being one of these in general ( Halo 4's version of Invasion) as well as other tested competitive yet fun gametypes.

Lastly and what I'd love to see implemented the most is a new style of Warmap, as it is now there are sectors and maps. Now each High Command attacks a map in a sector to decide on what map is to be played but what id like to see is instead of maps in a sector there would be clusters. Each cluster would have 2 or 3 maps (depends on how many maps we can find even though im fine with reusing maps as long as they arent near each other) Example: Cluster Sol would have maps: Harvest, Strongside, and Longbow and the defenders would get to choose which map and gametype to play. This wouldnt change the war works since instead of winning maps it would be winning clusters but having this would allow squads to have a choice to play which map is more enjoyable to them instead of High Command choosing it for them. Also if a player doesnt have the required DLC he or she might still have a chance to play that night.
    SyjRyfp

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Re: Warmap Changes

We try not to pick the same maps, but I can only blame the other HC in our defense
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Blog Posts

I think each Squad picking one map would be awesome!
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

I love the idea of having 1 of 3 maps to choose, but think of it this way - we already have problems with getting 2 maps properly set up. Now think 6. Each week.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

The reason we have so many problems is that we wait until the last moment to work on the maps, I intend on having them all done way before they are chosen. I just dont think its fair that just because blue is going well this war we dont get to play the maps on their side, Tyrene and Atlas are awesome maps but we wont be playing on them this war or possibly next or ever.
    SyjRyfp

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    That is actually an excellent idea, however it would have to be an approved map by the Forge Department and what not.

I created Hill 30

animus chooses guardian
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

i'm a fan of this cluster idea, its just a lot of work during peacetime for whoever would decide to work on it. but being able to choose what map you want your game to be on would be sweet. imagine a cluster with something like Pit, Guardian, and Sanctuary in it. what a fun battlenight that would be.

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Im willing to put the work into it to make this happen lol and i'm sure I could get some help from somewhere haha I only wish that there could be different sized maps in each cluster, 4v4, 8v8 but without knowing which map is going to be chosen we couldn't
    have the right amount in the party ready to go lol but still having a choice between 2 maps is still better than not having one at all haha
    SyjRyfp

Thread Information