Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Posts

Question Operation Brethren

Hi my Gamer Tag is V3N0M SIERRA and I want to talk to FC as a community about Mental Health.

First off I want to keep this post and any comments as serious and respectful as possible, here on this site we are all gamers, not necessarily geeks, but we are all gamers. Many of us have put up with bullying in school. I have noticed many of our members also suffer from mental health issues, but the one I want to talk about today is Depression.

here are some stories I'd like to share, but because of their length ive hidden behind a spoiler tag;
    When I was in grade 6 one of my classmates came into school near the end of the school year on a Monday morning. He was visibly upset and as soon as he sat down my teacher spoke and said; your classmate (I’m going to call him Larry) has had a rough weekend, and to tell you about it our school Councillor is going to speak to us (the school Councillor is his mom); she came in and says “no doubt you've seen the look on my sons face, I am here to tell you why him and I are so upset, Saturday morning Larry lost his brother.” She went on to explain that he had committed suicide. She was the last one to see him alive the night before, she had actually had what sounded like it would have been a really good heart to heart talk with him as he would have graduated that year. Apparently that wasn’t enough.
    Fast forward a couple years, another of my friend’s older brothers committed suicide; this one worked as a firefighter and nobody had realized he was depressed.

Move to the fall of 2009, I had just started my nursing course and my mother had started anti-depressants; turns out she was allergic to the ones prescribed to her by her doctor and she became suicidal, he thought they weren't working and upped her dosage. During my course I almost lost my mom 4 times. The last time was five days before I graduated. I came upstairs at 18 years of age to see my mother laying on the bathroom floor moaning with a couple empty bottles of pills lying beside her on the floor. Needless to say I didn't go to school that day, and my dad didn’t go to work. Waiting for that ambulance was the hardest day of my life, and I am so glad for what the doctors and nursing staff did to save her.

Then there’s me. What I’m about to say to this community has never been heard by anyone else on the planet. If it wasn’t for a couple of new friends I made two and a half years ago, I would not be here. I have attempted suicide many times and at the last second stopped myself. Many more times than I can count. I have struggled with depression for about 10 years now and it’s something I still don’t 100% cope with. This past year I had a relationship with what should have been the love of my life, until her parents decided they didn't like me, and she started being the worst person I've ever met. But this time something was different, I had friends I knew I could talk to, people I felt safe with. Because up until two and a half years ago, I was considered a loser with no friends, in high school I was bullied and treated horribly, I was this chubby short awkward teenager with low self-esteem that nobody cared about, and had I had the friends I do now I might have done better in school.

Now to get to the point; I want, nay, I challenge everyone on FC to get everyone else to read this post and share it on this site, I have lost too many people I know, and will not stand to lose anyone else if I can help it.
    If anyone on this site is feeling depressed I urge you to talk to someone you know and trust; and that’s why I’m going to give you guys my email, my Facebook and twitter account, along with my cell number which you can call or text; if any of you is needing someone to talk to I’m willing to foot the long distance bill to keep my Red and Blue brethren safe.

What I would like to propose is a FC project called Operation Brethren, a list of people in the FC community, willing to give out contact info so that we can if need be, have someone to talk to when we feel we've hit rock bottom. Because red or blue no one should feel like they are alone.
    My name is Erick Székely, and I’d like to thank you for taking the time to read and share this post.
    Email; REDACTED
    Facebook; REDACTED
    Twitter; REDACTED
    Cell Phone; REDACTED

pp,375x360.u3.jpg
    Last edited by V3N0M_SIERRA; 03-01-2020 at 11:35 AM. Reason: formatting for to be making read be easier

Everybody Wants to Rule The World

Blog Posts

Re: Operation Brethren

Good guy Venom makes FC a better place.

Glad you're doing this Venom. I've suffered with depression when I was younger again and it's a hard thing to deal with. I'd like to be a part of this as well, anyone can feel free to reach out and talk to me if they want; I'm always willing to talk.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

i've had my fair share of both mental and physical ailments, depression included. I don't get on all that much anymore, but if anyone wants to talk come find me.

Operation Brethren: Bryan Ross
    Email: silversleek@hotmail.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/silversleek01
    Twitter: N/A
    Cell Phone: N/A

some things i've had to deal with include but aren't necessarily limited to
    borderline suicidal depression
    insomnia
    sociopathy

must of which, honestely, seems linked together.
    Last edited by silversleek; 11-16-2013 at 05:47 PM.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Good guy Venom makes FC a better place.

Glad you're doing this Venom. I've suffered with depression when I was younger again and it's a hard thing to deal with. I'd like to be a part of this as well, anyone can feel free to reach out and talk to me if they want; I'm always willing to talk.
    Fight fast, Fight hard- Fighting Falcons

Name: Kane J Haytham
    Skills: Guerrila Warfare, Night Engagements, Demolition
    Personal Equipment: M52B Marine Battle Armor
    In Command Of:Imperial Marine x 665 (uninjured) 56 (injured)
    Imperial Sniper x23
    Imperial Ground Officer x 37
    M52B Marine Battle Armor x 721

Name: Sergei Volosheninov
    Skills: space piloting, large scale naval combat, atmospheric piloting
    Personal Equipment:Body Suit
    In Command Of: 1 Imperial Pilot(s), 1 Space Suits(s)
    some one's gonna have to tell me if I screwed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea
    I live for ribbing Silko. He's like the site bear. Every once in a while, he'll come out of his interweb cave and when that happens, you need to take some shots before he disappears into hibernation again. I meant cheap shots, but I can see how that could be misconstrued as a hunting metaphor. I don't want to hunt Silko.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey
    Hee-haw motherf*****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silko
    Bitch please. I already beat it and moved on to the next castle.
    I'm the king of the chatbox.

Well this topic strikes me quite a bit at home. Especially considering i have clinical depression, not just depressive issues. It is because of it that i have taken some time of of FC. When i used to be a Colonel, the political side, and all of the stupid things were to much for me. At that time in my life i couldn't even guarantee myself I would allow myself to see the next morning. Depression is a real issue, and something that can be routed inside someones DNA, such as myself. It is something that can affect you more than just mentally, as most the time when you suffer from it, you don't have the will to be able to do anything.

I know the feeling Venom I wouldn't be here either if it wasn't for 2 of my friends in the past. I think Operation Brethren is a fantastic idea so at the bottom is all of my contact info I'm happy to be here for anyone who needs it anytime REDD or BLUE. This post is one of the best things i've seen in this community so far. Thanks Venom.

Operation Brethren: Tanner Gordon
    Email: tgord33@hotmail.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tanner.gordon.7
    Twitter: @TasteycookieJEW
    Cell Phone: 1(970) 901-1327

Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire
    "literally you are just like the lasky to master chief. after encountering me and joing bellator you worked your way to the top. now look. your a commander and i now call YOU sir. just like the story line." -- JOHN 117 POMC

This means so much to me, you've recently helped me and I'd like to thank you man. It means a lot.

I'm also here if anyone needs help

My information is as follows:

e-mail: DillonGrant97@hotmail.com
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dillon.grant.58
    Cell Phone: 07837 852445 (UK Number)
    Twitter: @__ICanHelp

I myself have suffered a lot from self harm and two months ago actually tried to commit suicide. No one really knows about this, certainly no one Irl.

I've had a lot of trouble in my life and I don't really know what to say. Just know I'm here for whoever need it.

My twitter account is an anonymous account, this is the first time I've actually ever revealed it. I set it up last summer to try and help people, it does help. It's another way for me to help people.

If you ever need me, I'm a message away.
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

I believe in this cause because people in FC have already impacted my life. One of the most trying times in my life has been the last 6 months. I didn't suffer tragedy or heartbreak, and I do not want to diminish the feelings of those who have, but I left a two-year school (to which I had attended for three-years to attain a degree) with no real desire to continue along the path I was on. I've never, ever had a real life goal until two weeks ago. And I am not saying that having no goals is a huge, depressing deal, but the act of doing basically nothing in the last six months, self-sabotaging any of my efforts to continue my education along the original path chosen for me, and ignoring the support of all those around me drove my friends, my relationship, and even my bonds with my family to a very dark place.

FC was my out, but that's not the good part. That was just part of the problem. I didn't ignore FC even when I blocked out everything else. It's been a crutch for a while. But luckily, I've met people here who were able to get my attention. Anarchy and Toast inspired me to realistically rethink my choices for life, and at 4 AM on November 1st, I called my girlfriend and emailed my closest friends and family and just finally told them I was ready to go back to school, and that I want to choose my career path this time.

So I can't say that FC brought me back from the brink of life, or that anything that has happened to me is as severe as what you've suffered, but I do know that I spent years on a road that never brought me any happiness, and this last May I finally hit a personal rock bottom, and it was people here who opened me up to finding a way out.

Probably the biggest moment was when my dad emailed me from his currently "undisclosed location".

Allen
    You have to do what you want to do. All I want is for you to be happy and successful. If that is what you want to do then go for it.
    I love you.
    I will never know if I would have figured things out on my own, and I am glad I didn't have to find out.

Operation Brethren: Allen Hopper
    Email: jam.cliche@gmail.com
    Cell Phone: 1(404)408-7305 Call or Text
    Last edited by Jam Cliché; 11-16-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Blog Posts

This is why I love FC. As many of you know I have a bit of an anger issue. This comes from several factors, naturally being an aggressive person but my childhood wasn't exactly the greatest. Parent issues, bullying, and a whole lot more. During high school I always had my guard up and buried my feelings in order to carry the weight and keep it off my two sisters. After high school and I moved out and starting going to college I finally let my guard down and the issues that I had been repressing for a decade finally got to me. I would be a lair if I said I never thought about ending my life. My doctor thinks I may have PTSD and depression. It is something I have to fight with everyday and it has stolen almost two years of my life. I started working again which did help but more importantly my job has health insurance after working for 180 days. So soon I will be receiving all the help I need. To those who don't know what to do or how to handle it, it does get better but you do need to tell someone so they can help you. Even if that help is just finding someone who can help you.

Operation Brethren: David Cienfuegos
    Email: Silko10@gmail.com

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Blog Posts

I don't rightly know where to begin or what to talk about. Ill simply say I've been there, and have some stories.
    I'm here to help anybody that needs it.

Email; TannerDunbar@gmail.com
    Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/Soldier.of.Rome
    Twitter; N/A
    BBM; N/A
    Cell Phone; 828 337 2810

My Name is Dunbar.

Thread Information