LocoCrazy

Minerva's Den review

Game/Item to be Reviewed: Bioshock 2 DLC; Minerva's Den

Reason for Review: For anybody who is contimplating on buying Minervas Den

Let me Start off by saying this: To those who don’t know, you do not play as Subject Delta in this DLC!

It is unsure when Minerva’s Den takes place during the timeline of the main story; however, it is before the ending.... Minerva’s Den provides a extra 4-6 hours of game play, depending on the difficulty. (I played on medium and it took me 5 hours).

You take the role as Subject Sigma, another Alpha Series of Big Daddy who has broken free of Lamb’s the mind control. Sigma is told by a man named C.M. Porter that a machine named The Thinker runs Rapture, keeps everything in line and on time. A man named Reed Wahl has betrayed Porter and took The Thinker for himself, abusing the machine to rule for himself. Reed had Porter arrested and sent to Persephone. Persephone is a dark, cold, scary place where you simply disappear. It’s obvious that Porter has other plans…anyways.

Just like in the main story of Bioshock 1 & 2, you start off with nothing, Same thing with Minerva’s Den, however the more you snoop around the more tonic’s, weapons, weapon upgrades and Plasmids you’ll find. Minerva’s Den isn’t something you just run n’ gun through unless you have a death wish. The new weapon called the Ion Laser is fun, real fun. And the new Plasmid, Gravity Well, is even better! A few new enemies appear and a few old ones make an appearance. One of the most obvious new baddies is the Lancer. The Lancer is one mean Daddy, carrying one of those laser doo-dads (see what I did there) and the ability to stun/blind you isn’t very helpful. Make sure you are fully suited up for health and eve and a shit-load of ammo…maybe even some security bots for a good but abruptly short distraction.

Speaking of security bots Minerva’s Den will show you a few more advanced versions of “security”….or straight out blunt ass kicking.

While it provided a great new story and even better new gadgets I wish it was a little longer or the gadgets were introduced a little earlier.

Minerva’s Den receives a 8 out of 10.

and its only 800 MS points..... its really a great value for its cost, most 800 point DLC are only like an hour of play time

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Re: Minerva's Den review

I know I'm bumping this up, but it's not like there are reviews being poored into this section.

I would give it a 9/10. The DLC is well worth the $10, it's one of the best DLC's that I have played in a long time.

Amazing story, great weapons, and some new variations of old enemies (as well as Security bots) made it feel fresh than the same ol' same ol'.
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

LocoCrazy

Did...no Doc didnt just compliment something related to Bioshock 2.

Doc this is a Bioshock 2 thread/DLC...you know this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by LocoCrazy View Post
    Did...no Doc didnt just compliment something related to Bioshock 2.

Doc this is a Bioshock 2 thread/DLC...you know this correct?
    i was thinking the same thing

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

The Elder Trolls V:
    The King of the HEEL
    Blog Posts

Half Lifeģ exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by RetRdidMunkie
    YEAH SON, HE CAME WITH THAT HEAT SON. FUCK WHAT YOU HEARD, THIS RIGHT HERE IS ART, HE'LL CRUSH THE COMPETITION, SON. REAL TALK NAHMEAN?

I'd die over these Reeboks, you ain't even know it -Rick Ross

Thread Information