Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Violent by Design

Re: The Legendary Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    Remember this isn't just a settings discussion thread.

I genuinely want you to take my challenge, and tell me what you think afterwards.

Seriously. Do it. This Weekend. Or tonight. Or RIGHT NOW.

So if you need somebody to team with. Message me anytime this weekend, I'll grab some legacy members and we'll play. Either in MM or customs.

I might be up to play some v5 settings this weekend if anyone's up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bl4yze View Post
    a) Then it becomes a battle of who can charge their boltshot first. It's not a matter of being surprised by a boltshot, rather who can get the mid range shield-dropping boltshot off and switch to their primary first.

b) Saws can also be devastating "if you know what you're doing".

c) Just fuck camo in general.
    a) Hardly. If a team is going boltshot heavy you could switch up to a longer range playstyle, or go with a grenadier loadout to hit them as they wait at corners. Also, it's such a weak argument. "Who can shoot the other one faster" works with every gun.

b)fair point

c) as someone who played through avp on the hardest difficulty and multiplayer, halo camo is easytown, but i'll give you that it's probably annoying for others.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Violent by Design

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    a) Hardly. If a team is going boltshot heavy you could switch up to a longer range playstyle, or go with a grenadier loadout to hit them as they wait at corners. Also, it's such a weak argument. "Who can shoot the other one faster" works with every gun.

b)fair point

c) as someone who played through avp on the hardest difficulty and multiplayer, halo camo is easytown, but i'll give you that it's probably annoying for others.
    The boltshot promotes crouching or sitting behind corners. A "longer range playstyle" works for slayer, but not so much for OBJ games. Sitting in a corner by your flag on Pit with a boltshot is super mlg skillful.

Quote Originally Posted by bl4yze View Post
    The boltshot promotes crouching or sitting behind corners. A "longer range playstyle" works for slayer, but not so much for OBJ games. Sitting in a corner by your flag on Pit with a boltshot is super mlg skillful.
    wait on power weapon spawn, use a grenadier glass, move in as a team with nades and power weapons, slaughter everyone in the base. camping inside an objective base with boltshots rarely a good plan. even if it's just one guy, nades out, when he backs away to avoid being hit by the first/second nades, gun him down.

it's especially easy in games with radar, because there's a very distinct movement someone makes when they go around a corner and then move back towards it that shows a boltshots imminent, even before the sounds.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Blog Posts

I've been playing legendary slayer longer than this challenge 'as been 'round!

Edit

P*ss off! good to finally say that. been wanting to say it for no reason all week :P
    Fight fast, Fight hard- Fighting Falcons

Name: Kane J Haytham
    Skills: Guerrila Warfare, Night Engagements, Demolition
    Personal Equipment: M52B Marine Battle Armor
    In Command Of:Imperial Marine x 665 (uninjured) 56 (injured)
    Imperial Sniper x23
    Imperial Ground Officer x 37
    M52B Marine Battle Armor x 721

Name: Sergei Volosheninov
    Skills: space piloting, large scale naval combat, atmospheric piloting
    Personal Equipment:Body Suit
    In Command Of: 1 Imperial Pilot(s), 1 Space Suits(s)
    some one's gonna have to tell me if I screwed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea
    I live for ribbing Silko. He's like the site bear. Every once in a while, he'll come out of his interweb cave and when that happens, you need to take some shots before he disappears into hibernation again. I meant cheap shots, but I can see how that could be misconstrued as a hunting metaphor. I don't want to hunt Silko.
    Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey
    Hee-haw motherf*****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silko
    Bitch please. I already beat it and moved on to the next castle.
    I'm the king of the chatbox.

Blog Posts

Halo 2 Anniversary COMING SOON.

Eagle out.
    "Feelings pass right through you, don't they? So cold and unforgiving in
    every choice you made in battle. Purest soldier... I need you to be strong.
    Strong enough to do what you've never done in your life. Can you be
    strong enough to allow yourself to be... Can you just be human?"

Skirmisher

I've done it many times, I still prefer the Infinity. I've grown out of pure arena shooters and while I do enjoy legendary I like Infinity more. There's more chaos and unpredictability and I like that a lot.

REDWATCH VETERAN

Violent by Design

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    wait on power weapon spawn, use a grenadier glass, move in as a team with nades and power weapons, slaughter everyone in the base. camping inside an objective base with boltshots rarely a good plan. even if it's just one guy, nades out, when he backs away to avoid being hit by the first/second nades, gun him down.

it's especially easy in games with radar, because there's a very distinct movement someone makes when they go around a corner and then move back towards it that shows a boltshots imminent, even before the sounds.
    I'm not saying it's hard to counter. It's a no skill weapon that's a cop out for players who like to sit behind corners, or put themselves in stupid situations. It's basically a required secondary in FC on any non-vehicle map because of how prevalent it is. I'd be fine with a couple on the map, but spawning with it is retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Crossfire View Post
    I've done it many times, I still prefer the Infinity. I've grown out of pure arena shooters and while I do enjoy legendary I like Infinity more. There's more chaos and unpredictability and I like that a lot.
    If you want chaos play battlefield.

I do play battlefield it's my second favorite fps. Doesn't match 8v8 2 flag coag though, I don't like halo 4v4 which is why I mostly play big team.

Quote Originally Posted by Spattan177 View Post
    I've been playing legendary slayer longer than this challenge 'as been 'round!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Crossfire View Post
    I've done it many times, I still prefer the Infinity.
    I pulled some matchmaking records and here's what I found:

Zeta I went all the way back to the beginning of august. You've played 5 games of legendary since then.

Spattan177 You've only played 1 game of legendary over the same time period.

Silversleek I had to go back to the middle of July to even find 1 game of legendary.

You're all so dead set against these settings that you've convinced yourselves that you've given them a fair chance.

You haven't.

Now, either open your minds and go play some, or please see yourselves out of this thread.
    CO - Legacy Squad

Thread Information