Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: Your Web Admin is a Moron (aka Prizes update)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    MedeDust a lot of things you posted are rather questionable to be honest and since I do respect you I will explain myself...

Yes! A thousand times yes it matters! In most scenarios it would be down right illegal to take money that is not yours that is directed towards an organization, just because we have no contract our form being linked before donating doesn't mean that you should be abusing those rights. It really does not matter if they will pay it back or how trustworthy they are you should NEVER take money in that way.

I currently am in a position at my university in which I am in charge of finance of an academic society (vague description to protect privacy) and I am put in charge of thousands of dollars and I would be kicked out of university and charged if I was even to take 20$ and pay it back. I also had to recently purchase an Ipad Mini and many other prizes that I had to give out to the recipients of a contest we held and I also had to purchase flowers and gift certificates for speakers on many occasions. It is honestly not that difficult of a task.

So was I Mede, hence why I was an extremely active WC Vote for the past 2 years before I finally resigned because I did not have the time to fully commit myself to that position. Yet I still manage to be on the forums more than 50% of people in leadership positions... that is a HUGE concern, the army leaders are currently holding up activity but I honestly can not say that for the rest of leadership and I say this because I care for the community. I can not stress this enough, if you don't have the time to commit to the position than don't take the position or resign!

Were it so easy, I tried helping out but some guy named MedeDust never even sent out my request to help out to others 4 months ago...

Now I fully understand that you are defending your friend and all, and I am not saying Metkil does not deserve respect from the things he has done. But I am not going to sit here and pretend that there is no issues or pretend that mistakes have not been made. Issues should not be hidden and people should not be shamed of bringing them up as that promotes a very bad culture.

And sad that you think that way, and since you want to be aggressive if I may respond with an equally aggressive comment. If it were me a lot of Precursors wouldn't actually be there.

Now if people want FC to actually grow and get out of the position it currently is in the issues can not be hidden under the rug and they need to be fixed.

Thanks!
    #FuzzyForFounder

Creator of Vanquish
    #BlameFuzzy

[12:58:35 AM] Silky Tits: Fuzz
    [12:58:46 AM] Silky Tits: Have you ever eaten shit?
    [12:59:02 AM] Greg: Well I have listened to your words for so long

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

a lot of things you posted are rather questionable to be honest and since I do respect you I will explain myself...
    Same to you.
    Yes! A thousand times yes it matters! In most scenarios it would be down right illegal to take money that is not yours that is directed towards an organization, just because we have no contract our form being linked before donating doesn't mean that you should be abusing those rights. It really does not matter if they will pay it back or how trustworthy they are you should NEVER take money in that way.

I currently am in a position at my university in which I am in charge of finance of an academic society (vague description to protect privacy) and I am put in charge of thousands of dollars and I would be kicked out of university and charged if I was even to take 20$ and pay it back. I also had to recently purchase an Ipad Mini and many other prizes that I had to give out to the recipients of a contest we held and I also had to purchase flowers and gift certificates for speakers on many occasions. It is honestly not that difficult of a task.
    Please don't imply that anything he did was illegal in the slightest, because it wasn't. fcwars.net is technically classified as a business. Metkil is the owner of that business. He owns the copyright and pays taxes on the revenue from the site. Common practice would be for him to have a paycheck out of that revenue, but instead he decided to use that money for prizes and such.

It appears your "academic society" is classified as a Non-Profit Organization, which is very different and therefore your analogy is invalid.

Issues should not be hidden and people should not be shamed of bringing them up as that promotes a very bad culture.
    Two things.

1. The only issue is the length of time this has been going on. That length of time has not been hidden in the slightest. It is now being resolved, so that issue will soon be gone. Other than that, the main issue remains to be inactivity.

2. You know what else "promotes a very bad culture"? People attacking and insulting others constantly. That's why we have the Accords.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Same to you.

Please don't imply that anything he did was illegal in the slightest, because it wasn't. fcwars.net is technically classified as a business. Metkil is the owner of that business. He owns the copyright and pays taxes on the revenue from the site. Common practice would be for him to have a paycheck out of that revenue, but instead he decided to use that money for prizes and such.

It appears your "academic society" is classified as a Non-Profit Organization, which is very different and therefore your analogy is invalid.

Two things.

1. The only issue is the length of time this has been going on. That length of time has not been hidden in the slightest. It is now being resolved, so that issue will soon be gone. Other than that, the main issue remains to be inactivity.

2. You know what else "promotes a very bad culture"? People attacking and insulting others constantly. That's why we have the Accords.

Senpai you always know what to do
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

That being said, any further questions or comments can be addressed over personal messaging.

Closed.

Last edited by Maxdoggy; 03-05-2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Never forget the awesome official image! :P

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Thread Information