Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: ASTRO's Question

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Sapien View Post
    A50
    Any reasoning behind it, kind sir?
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

This has been answered before on another thread, but just to reiterate; Astros are great. I have a pair of a40s, and love them. I have heard however that the headset is not as good as others out there, but the mixamp is amazing. Some people prefer to get the astro a40s mixamp and use a different headset with it.I have both the mixamp and headset from astro and I can't complain. The only thing that annoys me is the controller wire (the one that connects your controller to your mixamp, it enables voice) is very fragile and breaks quite often. I have gone through 3-4 of them and I treat my stuff with care.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

I have the A40's too. I hear that the A50's have a lot of background noise, but the A40's are great. The mixamp is amazing and is perfect for recording video's and stuff from what I hear. The quality is great but It doesn't have as many customizable features like turtle beach. (such as moving the speaker preferences). I did have an issue with mine, it would make loud buzzing noises and I couldn't talk to my friends but after sending it in they fixed it. ALSO I'm pretty sure would have to buy an adapter for the Xbox one because when I got mine (around Christmas) it wasn't compatible with chat because of the Xbox ones new chat plug in thingy lol. I'm gonna end up buying the adapter when it comes out.(idk if it comes with it now or not)

"For Xbox One connectivity, a separate Chat Adaptor will be required for voice chat functionality. This Chat Adaptor is not yet available, but in the interim the microphone on the Xbox One Kinect will allow you to converse over Xbox Live. We hope to have this adapter ready in early 2014."
    Last edited by purple gamer 17; 02-22-2014 at 03:07 PM.

"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most, live the longest."

Thanks for the responses, gents. Still have a lot of thinking to do.

The A50's are sweet because they (from what I've heard):
    • Are more comfortable than the A40's
    • Are Wireless (except for the chat cable to the controller)
    • Have 3 EQ Presets (Media, Gaming, Shooter)
    • Have all controls on the headset itself (no external mixamp)
    • Have a closed-ear design (so essentially noise cancelling)

But the A40's
    • Are cheaper (by $30 in my case)
    • Are open ear (which might be a benefit because ASTROs don't have voice monitoring)
    • Have a better mic chat quality
    • Have customizable/swappable ear plates
    • Have the Mixamp externally so other headsets can be used with it
    • Have been around long enough that there are virtually no issues with the A40 quality/design
    • Have a removable microphone

I think I want both. Lol.

That damn chat adapter and early March needs to come faster, dammit!
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    Thanks for the responses, gents. Still have a lot of thinking to do. The A50's are sweet because they (from what I've heard):
    • Are more comfortable than the A40's
    • Are Wireless (except for the chat cable to the controller)
    • Have 3 EQ Presets (Media, Gaming, Shooter)
    • Have all controls on the headset itself (no external mixamp)
    • Have a closed-ear design (so essentially noise cancelling)

But the A40's
    • Are cheaper (by $30 in my case)
    • Are open ear (which might be a benefit because ASTROs don't have voice monitoring)
    • Have a better mic chat quality
    • Have customizable/swappable ear plates
    • Have the Mixamp externally so other headsets can be used with it
    • Have been around long enough that there are virtually no issues with the A40 quality/design
    • Have a removable microphone

I think I want both. Lol.That damn chat adapter and early March needs to come faster, dammit!
    The A40's have FOUR presets. Shooter, core, media, sports. The A50's are wireless but I hear that it causes a lot of interference noise while the A40's are silent. The removable ear plates on the A40 are cool so you can buy some limited edition ones without buying the full headset. I've had 3 headsets before and I think that wired is so much better by far than wireless. I think that the A40's are very comfortable, playing from 10AM-3AM is great with no aches. Also switching from xbox 360 to xbox one to pc is fast and easy. There are two cords, one for xbox and the other for PC so I just leave them in and switch whenever I wanna play.Another cool thing is that you can still have the headset plugged into the 360 controller for talking while playing on the One.

"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most, live the longest."

Quote Originally Posted by purple gamer 17 View Post
    The A40's have FOUR presets. Shooter, core, media, sports. The A50's are wireless but I hear that it causes a lot of interference noise while the A40's are silent. The removable ear plates on the A40 are cool so you can buy some limited edition ones without buying the full headset. I've had 3 headsets before and I think that wired is so much better by far than wireless. I think that the A40's are very comfortable, playing from 10AM-3AM is great with no aches. Also switching from xbox 360 to xbox one to pc is fast and easy. There are two cords, one for xbox and the other for PC so I just leave them in and switch whenever I wanna play.Another cool thing is that you can still have the headset plugged into the 360 controller for talking while playing on the One.
    I'm now leaning towards the A40s. Major thanks to you and Guzzie for the advice. As soon as the Chat Adapter comes out, I'll make my decision.

Anyone else have experience with any of Astro's?

Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

"Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    And le fuk u, m8.

I also have the a40s, i personally don't like the headset all that much anymore, because of lost of problems with the pieces connecting it. But the mix-amp works wonders and i use a different headset with the mix amp. But, also recognize the fact that I had my a40s for a year and there was not any problems but then all the parts on the headset slowly deteriorated like most other headsets after that year. But all in all i believe its worth it because not everyone has the same problems as I did.

Creator of Vanquish
    #BlameFuzzy

[12:58:35 AM] Silky Tits: Fuzz
    [12:58:46 AM] Silky Tits: Have you ever eaten shit?
    [12:59:02 AM] Greg: Well I have listened to your words for so long

Get the mixamp and get yourself a nice pair of headphones.

Then get this: http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1...attachable+mic

And thank me later.

- - - Updated - - -

Get the mixamp and get yourself a nice pair of headphones.

Then get this: http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic1...attachable+mic

And thank me later.
    Quote Originally Posted by THExSPIDERMAN View Post
    Such is life.

Reach Tage

Thread Information