Blog Posts

Command & Conquer

Just went through an old box and found the Command & Conquer collection edition. I haven't played these games in years, but I'm about to. I just finished installing Red Alert 2, now I'm waiting on Yuri's Revenge to finish up and I'm going to hop on that for a while. I figured these would tide me over until I have XBL again. For now at least.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else around here has ever played any of these games and if so what did you think of them? What are your thoughts on Westwood Studios and other titles by them?

Personally, I loved Red Alert when I was a kid. I was just a wee little tyke and although it wasn't my introduction into gaming, the Red Alert series was my first ever PC game. Didn't get into the online aspect until I was older but by then the game was already dying off as well as the online population dwindling. Not sure if there's even servers anymore or not. Also, I just found out Westwood got shut down by EA in 2003. Shows how much I pay attention, haha.

"Pollen is bee semen, right?" -PolychromeVirus, 2016

"Your forefathers wisely set aside their compassion. Steeled themselves for what needed to be done.
    I see now why they left you behind. You were weak, and gods must be strong." -Prophet of Truth

Re: Command & Conquer

Command and Conquer Generals is what I freaking grew up on. I love that game. I was pretty excited to hear that EA was working with the frostbite engine to make the new one, but they recently just cancelled the new game and now I am a sad panda.

Blog Posts

Let me get you a slice of panda cake..

Now you can

Why did I do this? Because panda.

Anyways, Generals was an awesome game. I wish I still had it. This is the last thing I read about the new game: http://www.commandandconquer.com/en/...ommand-conquer

Interested in seeing where this goes though.
    "Pollen is bee semen, right?" -PolychromeVirus, 2016

"Your forefathers wisely set aside their compassion. Steeled themselves for what needed to be done.
    I see now why they left you behind. You were weak, and gods must be strong." -Prophet of Truth

i loved red alert 2 and yuri's revenge. didn't much get into the tiberium wars series till the third one. i got the collectors edition and was kind of disappointed to see they didn't really "keep" very well. they're still fun but feel way too clunky to play normally. at least there's still C&C 3 and red alert 3... C&C 4 is rubbish, don't even give it the satisfaction of looking at it.

imagine this, you have no base, and it's so casualized that even if you lose everything, you just get reinforcements to continue the missions. oh, and you have to unlock units to use in multiplayer and missions via leveling up your account, so all the multiplayer players that have been their for awhile will grind you into the dust with the super heavy mega units and you'll have like, basic marines.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Thread Information