Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Second Battle Day

Hey guys,

First of all, I just need to stat by saying that this is in no way something I expect to happen any time soon as I am rather new but I thought I might put it out there to get it in people's heads. Anyway, after browsing the forums for a bit and taking into account what each person has said about the time placement, I noticed that it does not seem to 'like' any area out of the USA. (Yes, I do realize that it is based there.)

This is the battle day time at the moment compared to some other areas: Sunday, 6pm EST

Attachment 4872

As you can see, this time is very late for the UK and is on a Monday morning for Australia. (I used these two as an example just because that's where a majority of Halo players as a whole are. Plus they are easy to relate to.)

I also noticed that the normal battle day time would be hard to change due to how long it has been like this. So I was thinking, how about a second battle day. Now, I do realize that this would put a lot of strain on the people in charge, which is the main reason I'm not expecting much. But another battle day with a different time may just be the thing that would remove the inactivity problem that the FC community is having as a whole at the moment. This could also be used as an 'advertising' point, for loss of a better phrase. A likely outcome from this could be that more people start joining due to the more 'flexible' times. A suggestion could be one like: Saturday, 5pm EST

Attachment 4873

This date/time config is basically just 1 day and 1 hour back, but could add a lot more players, especially from the UK.

As a final note, I do not expect change anytime soon, if that. I mainly want to see how difficult this change would be for the community and the war directors to work around to create.
    Last edited by Legendary Nova; 07-06-2014 at 03:12 AM.

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

Re: Second Battle Day

Always open to improve on game time and attendance. I'll keep this to close consideration. It is up to the members afterall. We always did Sunday, but I'm always open to change if more people can be a part of our community and partake in events.

The deduction you made about fc having an activity issue was quite impressive... Unless I told you in which case
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer View Post
    The deduction you made about fc having an activity issue was quite impressive... Unless I told you in which case
    Haha. No, you didn't tell me. Just whenever I talk about anything I like to have background info beforehand.

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

Honestly I don't feel like the time of day has been that big of an issue, during g rec 2 of halo we had some incredible turn outs. The activity issue now is Halo 4 itself. It's legs aren't as long g as other Halo games and the activity in general for the game is low. If we were to look into this I'd say after we see turn out from the mcc.

I've asked to change the time of the battles more times than you've had hot dinners
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

The only thing you didn't consider are people with jobs. Sunday a lot of places are close and close earlier. A lot of people work on Saturday which means a lot of people not being able to attend the battle night. Saturday is obviously a nice choice because people can stay up later on Saturday because it is the first day of the weekend, but having it that early may mean that a lot of people won't be able to attend.

If we had more European members, we might consider moving battles to 5PM EST.

If we had more Australian members, we might consider moving battles to Saturday so you guys could play on Sunday morning.

However, since 85% of FC is from the U.S. still, it's hard to move things around as many people already schedule work hours or real life things so that they have Sunday evenings free. It's a tough suggestion that some people have asked for before, but just that it's inconvenient for our euro members isn't a great excuse. However, in your case, playing on a Monday morning is neigh impossible unless you quit school xD. If we get more Australians and Europeans, it'll definitely get taken into consideration. But it's a tough thing to change. If it is changed, it wont be until peacetime after this war is completed.

That being said, are you on summer vacation now? If so, you should play Monday morning when you can if you don't have school atm.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Answer is simple
    We get more international members then we can change the times, but FC is mostly North American based

I would be happy to have some Europeans though
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

I would not be against moving the battle night start time back one hour. Starting at 5 pm EST/2 pm PST. However, besides accommodating the vast majority of the FC population, it is also a matter of tradition. The time has been the same since I can remember, Pre halo 3 days if I recall correctly.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Thread Information