Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Increase Extraction Arming & Conversion Times

Hello,

Just wanted to put a thought out there: I think the FC:REC5 EXTRACTION V1 arming and conversion times should be increased. Currently, both times are set to 3 seconds, which is waaaaaaay too small for any form of teamwork to come into play. Plus, after you put in the effort to extract a neutral site before anyone else, it's met by an equal conversion time which makes it very difficult for the defending team. Plus, if a small group near an extraction site happens to die, it is very difficult to defend it from the spawn, seeing as the spawn times are set to 5 seconds.

The MLG and other competitive times are set to 5 seconds, a more tolerable time. I recommend that squads try out the extraction gametype, and experience my suggestion for themselves.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Re: Increase Extraction Arming & Conversion Times

I second this
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Personally, if a small team dies at an extraction point, they shouldn't be able to spawn and still defend it.

MLG gametypes are also set to 1 extraction point, which makes it a lot easier to use your whole team to take a point. And quite frankly, we aren't them. This has been brought up over the course of Halo 4, and it has been voted on a lot, but usually most people vote to keep it the same.

Personally I'd like to keep it the same. Makes things more fast paced. More trades, etc. It makes points very hard to defend, but that's part of what I personally like about them.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Personally, if a small team dies at an extraction point, they shouldn't be able to spawn and still defend it.

MLG gametypes are also set to 1 extraction point, which makes it a lot easier to use your whole team to take a point. And quite frankly, we aren't them. This has been brought up over the course of Halo 4, and it has been voted on a lot, but usually most people vote to keep it the same.

Personally I'd like to keep it the same. Makes things more fast paced. More trades, etc. It makes points very hard to defend, but that's part of what I personally like about them.
    So... You don't want 1 extraction point because it's what the competitive gametypes do... Which is easier on new players... But you want points to be harder to defend... Which isn't easier on new players?
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Quote Originally Posted by BarrySoap View Post
    So... You don't want 1 extraction point because it's what the competitive gametypes do... Which is easier on new players... But you want points to be harder to defend... Which isn't easier on new players?
    I don't want 1 extraction because I don't find it entertaining >_>.

I like them harder to defend, easier to take, because that's actually easier on new players, they aren't running into a brick wall that is an entire team hawking over a point they already have converted.

Really, neither one requires more teamwork or whatever, they really just seem as completely different gametypes. It's preference in the end. I don't find extraction in MLG/IG fun in the FC sort of way. So I dont want it to be 1 point, 5 seconds because it is like MLG because I don't like the MLG/IG gametype. Not because I have it out for all that is competitive gaming.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

I'm only asking for the time to be increased, not to reduce the amount of points.

I'm only asking for the time to be increased, not to reduce the amount of points.
    Indeed, the added time just slows the game down for me too much, I like the 3 second feel xD.

It is as a preference. To each their own.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, the added time just slows the game down for me too much, I like the 3 second feel xD.

It is as a preference. To each their own.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

I'd prefer 3 second arms, 5 second converts. That way there's an incentive to be the first to arm.

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    I'd prefer 3 second arms, 5 second converts. That way there's an incentive to be the first to arm.
    Could see this working. Why not let the community decide. Make a poll with different options.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

I GET THE RIBBON I WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Thread Information