Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Posts

Re: MCC Mockup Warmap

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    Your mention of 3D chess is what led me down this train of thought! I initially tried designing some sort of actual 3D Warmap but I couldn't find a way for it to easily make sense. So I gave up on that and tried to implement some sort of 3D thinking in a 2D Warmap.
    Yeah I was thinking on how we would even do it graphicly. I think it would be much easier to do it this way. GJ Kaz

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxdoggy View Post
    I would like this explained a bit further (Kaz's proposal). Not sure I entirely understand.
    Sorry for the double post

Basically think of the current war map. Then instead of one map for each "Planet" the planet now has three maps. Every week the available map for the "planet" will rotate.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

I would like this explained a bit further (Kaz's proposal). Not sure I entirely understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    Basically think of the current war map. Then instead of one map for each "Planet" the planet now has three maps. Every week the available map for the "planet" will rotate.
    Yeah functionally the Warmap would be the same, but every time a map cluster is taken(in a Primary) the active map changes.

In the example image I have Blood Gultch as one of the active REDD maps and Haven as one of the active BLUE maps. If BLUE attacked Blood Gultch and REDD attacked Haven and they both won then the active map in the Blood Gultch cluster would become Headlong and the active map in the Haven cluster would switch to Lockout.

Another way of thinking of it is as if we had three Warmaps stacked on top of one another. Attacks would happen normally but every time a map is taken by the opposing army(in a Primary) that map gets replaced by the one beneath it.

Blog Posts

Hold up. So you have to take all three maps on that map cluster to claim control of the cluster?

Undefeated on Reach

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    Hold up. So you have to take all three maps on that map cluster to claim control of the cluster?
    No. If you attack and win Blood Gultch you gain control of the cluster but the next time you defend it it'll be Headlong instead of Blood Gultch.

No. If you attack and win Blood Gultch you gain control of the cluster but the next time you defend it it'll be Headlong instead of Blood Gultch.
    Ahhhh. I get it now. Makes sense.

I approve.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Blog Posts

ok that is what I thought. Wanted to be sure.

Undefeated on Reach

So would each cluster be 1 game? IE a cluster of Halo CE maps, another of Halo 2 maps, or just a mix?

REDWATCH VETERAN

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Ahhhh. I get it now. Makes sense.

I approve.

et ducit mundum per luce

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Crossfire View Post
    So would each cluster be 1 game? IE a cluster of Halo CE maps, another of Halo 2 maps, or just a mix?
    You could do it either way but personally I'd have it be a mix so that there's more of a variety. If we had clusters with only one game in it, there'd be room for abuse with HC/attack-plan-people avoiding the clusters with games they don't like, or avoiding the games the other army is better at, etc.

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

I like this. In addition, can we please have some sort of distribution requirement so the war map is evenly distributed between 4v4, 6v6, and 8v8s?

Thread Information