Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: MCC Mockup Warmap

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    I like this. In addition, can we please have some sort of distribution requirement so the war map is evenly distributed between 4v4, 6v6, and 8v8s?
    With the plethora of options we have, it's likely.

Also, the only issue I see with this, which I just thought of when reading Houdini's post, is that it'll be hella complex to pick maps for the WARMAP before every war. I sense some over stacking of one game (Halo 2).

We may just end up with a system where armies pick the maps they want as a set amount of each size on each game, and we War Directors put them on the map in random to avoid the long 3 hour WARMAP picking.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Double D Masters
    Darksail 5weg
    Buying GF
    Kickstart Xbone pl1x

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    With the plethora of options we have, it's likely.

Also, the only issue I see with this, which I just thought of when reading Houdini's post, is that it'll be hella complex to pick maps for the WARMAP before every war. I sense some over stacking of one game (Halo 2).

We may just end up with a system where armies pick the maps they want as a set amount of each size on each game, and we War Directors put them on the map in random to avoid the long 3 hour WARMAP picking.
    If not random, you could cluster maps on the same planet by which have same climate and terrain.

i.e Have Snowbound, Avalanche, and Containment on the same planet. But then you might have mostly maps from the same title on one planet.

Blog Posts

I sense some over stacking of one game (Halo 2).
    Personally, I wouldn't care. I want to play some Halo 2 maps again lol. I say let the chips fall where they may. I agree with Houdini though, I would like equal amounts for each size category because the current warmap is out of whack lol.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    If not random, you could cluster maps on the same planet by which have same climate and terrain.

i.e Have Snowbound, Avalanche, and Containment on the same planet. But then you might have mostly maps from the same title on one planet.
    I was legit thinking this as well last night, it would be an awesome addition to roleplay, however it could become tricky with setups. We'd have to count and classify the different types of terrains (Snowy, Dry/desert, urban, spacecrafts, woodland). If somehow it'd equal out, we this could potentially enhance our background story, but we definitely do not want to further complicate things if it comes out lopsided.

I created Hill 30

One person may not mind all Halo 2 maps, but really, over the course of a 3-4 month war (if not longer) playing the same exact game on a disc that really contains 4-5 games not only gets boring for a lot of us, but severely limits our community base.

Obviously there's going to be bias towards Halo 2. IMO, with that issue, I'd suggest we put all 6 Halo 2 Anniversary maps in, no debate, then divide up the rest of the maps evenly to each 4 games. But that's not really this issue here.

Just letting things play out leads to situations like this war, where armies have like 9 4v4 maps they can attack, but only 1-2 6v6/8v8 map.

We could do Spartan's idea, it really makes no difference. Only problem is maps that don't fall under classification.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: kazinsser

Also, the only issue I see with this, which I just thought of when reading Houdini's post, is that it'll be hella complex to pick maps for the WARMAP before every war.

Yeah map selection will probably need to be changed somehow. We could still have each side pick their "active" maps like they do now and then the WD's can fill in the rest based on map size/game engine. Though I do think we'd need some guidelines for the active maps so that we maintain variety.

I sense some over stacking of one game (Halo 2).

Just letting things play out leads to situations like this war, where armies have like 9 4v4 maps they can attack, but only 1-2 6v6/8v8 map.
    I'd be sort of impressed if the MCC Warmap became as unvaried as this war's. Using the system I've proposed would let us have 86 maps on the Warmap which is nearly all of the MCC on-disc maps. We'll be able to cut out 10-15 of the worst ones and add like 5-10 good (unique) forge maps. Unless the cut-outs are all 8v8s and the add-ins are all 4v4 I don't think we'll see a bad map distribution next war.

Quote Originally Posted by KazuhLLL View Post
    Yeah map selection will probably need to be changed somehow. We could still have each side pick their "active" maps like they do now and then the WD's can fill in the rest based on map size/game engine. Though I do think we'd need some guidelines for the active maps so that we maintain variety.

I'd be sort of impressed if the MCC Warmap became as unvaried as this war's. Using the system I've proposed would let us have 86 maps on the Warmap which is nearly all of the MCC on-disc maps. We'll be able to cut out 10-15 of the worst ones and add like 5-10 good (unique) forge maps. Unless the cut-outs are all 8v8s and the add-ins are all 4v4 I don't think we'll see a bad map distribution next war.
    I did bad math in my head, I was thinking a normal WARMAP had 15 planets and therefor would contain 45 maps in this situation, but that's the old FM in me thinking of just one side.

Since we're that close to having all the maps, and forge maps wont be relevent for a while especially given the pointlessness of remakes, it could be an even better idea to just have each army pick off the maps they DONT want on the WARMAP, and the rest be randomized/added by WDs or Spartan.

It really is a shame this game's active life cycle is only going to be one year.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

It really is a shame this game's active life cycle is only going to be one year.
    Wouldn't that mean that there might only be one war?

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

Quote Originally Posted by L3g3ndarY NovA View Post
    Wouldn't that mean that there might only be one war?
    Lol Halo 4 was never active to begin with
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Quote Originally Posted by BarrySoap View Post
    Lol Halo 4 was never active to begin with
    Am I missing something here because I don't get what you mean...(in context to my post)

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

Thread Information